PDA

View Full Version : DEATHSTIX CARBON FIBER BARREL KIT vs J&J EDGE ELITE BARREL KIT

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Ok, so after talking to a few "veteran" ballers, I have decided to go with a barrel kit.

I have found these two, that I fancy the most. I love the ceramic part of the J&J and the self cleaning and accuracy it offers. I love the Deathstix carbon fiber because of the emmense design possibilities you get along with the lightweight set-up and accuracy.

These are the Q's I have for the more experienced guys than myself...

1. Which barrel kit offers better accuracy?

2. What are the Pro's and Con's of each barrel system, if any?

3. I have found them both for the same amount $100 for the whole kit with free shipping, which one is the best bang for your buck? (BTW, the store selling the Deathstix let you pick out your front design from about 10 different choices)

4. I play woodsball and will be starting to enter in Trnys soon, I have a Spyder RSX with a CP feedneck clamp upgrade and a Halo B hooper. Any ideas on what else I should upgrade to help get my marker trny ready?

I must say thou, just as my RSX is now, I have the best performing gun out of all my buddies (who all have souped up Tippmans and i'm talking $150 + upgrades in each). I can out shoot any of them, too bad that doesn't make you a better player thou :rolleyes:

Griff
07-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Most carbon fiber barrels are easer scratched by barrel swabs than metal counter part.I would go with JJ barel kit.

bigred76
07-02-2009, 07:46 PM
If I remember right, Deathstix is no longer going to be around. Their owner tried to take over MacDev by claiming their name as his trademark. I would not support such asshattery in a company.

The J&J is most excellent. You will not be disappointed.

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 08:25 PM
If I remember right, Deathstix is no longer going to be around. Their owner tried to take over MacDev by claiming their name as his trademark. I would not support such asshattery in a company.

The J&J is most excellent. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks for the reply, I did not know that about Deathstix.

Would you say that the Smart Parts Freak barrel kit is better or just as good as the J&J Edge Elite barrel kit?

Is it worth the extra $50 for the kit?

bigred76
07-02-2009, 09:03 PM
All barrel kits perform about the same. I'd get the J&J since it's cheaper.

battlechaser
07-03-2009, 03:48 PM
I'd get the J&J, you've got the right idea getting the kit instead of a single barrel as well.

One that's not on the list that I'd also suggest would be a Smart Parts Freak, it's good in the sense that if you decide to change guns later on, all you have to do is buy a new barrel back (or pick up a Deadlywinds Fibur barrel, which uses the inserts) and you're back in business.

mrpurplehawk
07-18-2009, 09:44 AM
i agree with battle on the freak part, but my friend won a deathstix kit free, and I tested it on my timmy..looks sexy, and performed great, i reccomend the freak over it though. who knows you may own a 2 guns with 2 different barrel threads