PDA

View Full Version : Ebay no good anymore!

QAZ123
03-15-2006, 06:55 AM
I can't find any good deal's on ebay anymore on stuff I need. I remember it was the place to go to get stuff a lot cheaper than retail. I was going to buy a new camping tent. I went to wal-mart last and I can buy a 8 man that's 6' tall for $50 now. Nothing even comes close on ebay anymore especially with those sneaky shipping and HANDLING charges.

I was gonna get one of those coleman roadtrip grill's as I've been waiting for them to come down in price for two year's now and there still right at $130-150. I think I can go to bass pro shop and buy one for $150 and get a $50 rebate I think now.

No good deal's anymore on new item's.

Found a front quarter panel for a chevy malibu in good condition though! :cool:

JB.

snotrules
03-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Try buying engine parts!! There was a friend of mine that bought a carb for a ATV that came off a "running engine"...when he got it, it had motor oil in the carb. He sent an e-mail to the seller and the seller said "it came off a motor that ran until the piston broke"

"running engine" means engine that ran until it blew up!!

shunut
03-15-2006, 10:20 AM
I've noticed that too. Most of the time on eBay now after shipping you'll pay the samething you'd pay if you just went down to the store and got it. You can still find some deals, just not as good as they use to be.

chubb0rz
03-15-2006, 11:00 AM
The deals are still there you just have to be watching for them.

Recon by Fire
03-15-2006, 08:53 PM
There are still good deals on ebay, you just have to search for them! The best deals are where the sellers mispell or improperly list items.

scrappy
03-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Try buying college textbooks...Ebay somehow has helped me break even for the last year and a half on buying and selling back. Much much better than the bookstores could ever do.

Nader
03-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Amen, half is a godsend for textbooks, but I agree that its harder to find deals on ebay...

Icedveins
03-16-2006, 12:30 PM
I know what you're saying. But the deals are still out there. I bought an H22 engine for the Integra for a little over 2k...Uh-oh!! *sniffs* I smell a new project comming up for the Acura!!

Recon by Fire
03-16-2006, 05:42 PM
My wife buys some of her textbooks off ebay also.

*EM1-Master*
03-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Car part deals get delicious on eBay a lot of times... Helps me pick up parts for the V-dub for pretty cheap http://uploader.michaelakuck.com//files/8/ohsnap.gif

durrell
03-17-2006, 05:04 AM
I agree the deals are still there, you just have to know when to bid and when to watch..but you are right, people try to list stuff at 1.00 and sneak a 33 dollar shipping fee in with like 16 dollars handling so you end up paying 50 bucks for something you should have paid 25 for..