PDA

View Full Version : death 3 this week

LiquidSteel
06-25-2009, 04:42 PM
!st Ed mcmahon died then Farrah faucet now old Micheal jackson died at age of 50 from a heart attack. thats three stars so time to start the count again. stars norm die in 3s. im not a huge fan of any of them even tho mikey was influential in most all of todays music in 1 way or another.

fatkidfrompbaz
06-25-2009, 04:57 PM
I never knew Michael Jackson did a song with Slash and Gilby Clarke until today on mtv. R.I.P.

TheDarkShadow
06-25-2009, 07:58 PM
MJ, that dude was just out of his mind

shark
06-25-2009, 08:04 PM
MJ, that dude was just out of his mind

He was lately but you can't take away from the fact the he is probably the greatest musician of the modern era. He inspired so many musicians and his music is still popular across a wide range of ages. He will definitely be missed.

Muddytaco
06-25-2009, 08:58 PM
MJ was my favorite as a little kid (before he got weird). He is and will always be one of the greats.

TheDarkShadow
06-25-2009, 09:05 PM
no doubt was he one of the most influencial and most successful musicians of all time

Ace24
06-25-2009, 09:34 PM
If only he wasn't so odd as an adult and didn't do the **** he did... He might still be alive *lesigh*

Oh well. Not going to lie, I snickered a little when I heard he died. Maybe it's the ******* in me letting out, but he did it to himself. Had he taken care of himself, he'd still be alive.

I say RIP to the old MJ that died years ago.

ferret15
06-25-2009, 09:53 PM
I find most disturbing to come home and to my surprise :dodgy: the news is running a speacial for these people. Yet dismiss the fact Iran is beating down shooting and even axing there own people. Over what could have been non violent protest and then at the same time kiccking news reporters out of the country or murdering them.

I think this is just one of many issue that hold more substance than some gay pedophile's death

buffblackbird2002
06-26-2009, 04:42 PM
michael jackson will always be the greatest entertainer i have ever known. i never cared what he did with his personal life, i enjoyed his art. only god can judge him now. im glad they are focusing on what good he did for the world in his passing and not drilling what he was "accused" of doing. God rest your soul MJ and we will always remember what you did for this world and its entertainment

DFSniper
06-26-2009, 08:00 PM
I think this is just one of many issue that hold more substance than some gay pedophile's death

just goes to show how much the media and pop culture is brainwashing us. and people wonder why i dont watch tv...

DRAGON
06-26-2009, 08:07 PM
^^^Good to see someone knows the difference between a musician and entertainer^^^

Jackson died of a broken heart, not a heart attack -

Most of the mediocrity wish they had fame and fortune. Some of the famous and fortunate wished they could lead the life of the mediocre once again. A part of human nature is to never be satisfied with what you have. If not we'd still be wondering why that square wheel gave such a bumpy ride but at the same time, wouldn't really care -

Back to Jaco....the guy was a great singer/dancer/entertainer, not musician nor lyricist/composer. That doesn't necessarily mean he was a great person. He's the perfect example of someone that had everything but couldn't handle it. My assessment of his petofile tendencies is, he missed the bus when it was time to be a kid. At an older age strived to relive that time in his life through fantasy. Yano, fantasyland and all that? Associating and touching these kids in his fantasyland was the closest thing he could acquire by monetary means to being a kid again. I mean he had fame and fortune, he could do anything and get away with it right? Money, fame and power can either get you through life, or turn you into one sick mutha. I mean look at Bill Clinton :D Jackson had it all and blew it(NPI) -

Another thing that screwed him up was vanity. I mean he really wasn't a bad lookin kid **NO HOMO** With millions upon millions he could look like anything that he wanted to right? A metamorphosis per se. Even a skinny pale Frankenstein monster with a snapping turtle nose. :eek: Obviously some predator plastic surgeon reached his hand into those deep pockets to put even more fantasy into his mind and transformed him into the goulish looking freak he was untill meeting his maker yesterday -

The guy died of a broken heart. He had it all but still wanted to be someone else. An adolescent someone else. That's something that money just can't buy and it broke his heart in the process. The mean cruel world swallowed him whole just yesterday. After death, the pain is gone, so in the end, he got what he wanted - :cool:

buffblackbird2002
06-26-2009, 08:33 PM
wow, well put.

TheDarkShadow
06-26-2009, 08:39 PM
:yeahthat:

marvin-martian
06-28-2009, 10:51 AM
4 deaths. Billy Mays

timmyshoota
06-28-2009, 03:35 PM
I find most disturbing to come home and to my surprise :dodgy: the news is running a speacial for these people. Yet dismiss the fact Iran is beating down shooting and even axing there own people. Over what could have been non violent protest and then at the same time kiccking news reporters out of the country or murdering them.

Iran killing people has not shaped the lives of millions like Michael Jackson did. He was an icon in the music industry and changed culture, along with paving the way for thousands of future entertainers.

All 3 of those people had a huge impact on American culture. They deserve all the recognition they are getting. I find it disturbing that these people have died and all you care about is Iran doing something that isn't very shocking.

DFSniper
06-28-2009, 04:25 PM
no, the point is, let the dead have their rest and focus on the issues at hand. theres nothing we can do about celebrity deaths (unless theyre looking for the murderer) but these global issues are MORE IMPORTANT than someone who is no longer with us. they made their mark and left their impression, so lets live with that and not the fact that theyre gone.

this may sound harsh (i'll try to word it so it doesnt offend anyone), but lamenting over the death of someone you had no real relationship with is pointless because theres nothing you can do about it. i understand that some people are really upset over his death, but its time to mourn a little and get on with their lives.

timmyshoota
06-28-2009, 04:37 PM
You may not have had a "relationship" with him, but for those of us that grew up in the 80s and early 90s, he made a huge impact on our lives, and paying respect to him is what we do to our dead.

These global issues happen every day. You can't pull yourself away from the middle east for one weekend to mourn someone's death?

bigred76
06-28-2009, 04:51 PM
You can't pull yourself away from a child molester and freak? He WAS an excellent musician, entertainer, and according to my aunt: "gorgeous." That was the past, it is gone, just now, and we must face the more dire issues at hand now. Quit being a ****, Chris.

timmyshoota
06-28-2009, 05:02 PM
You can't pull yourself away from a child molester and freak? He WAS an excellent musician, entertainer, and according to my aunt: "gorgeous." That was the past, it is gone, just now, and we must face the more dire issues at hand now. Quit being a ****, Chris.

We must face more dire issues? Who is this we? We elected people to face these dire issues.

I'm glad that all you can call Michael Jackson is a child molester and a freak. Thank you for showing your ignorance. Let's completely ignore the millions upon millions of his own money that he put towards humanitarian issues, not to mention using his celebrity to push those issues.

But let's forget about all that, and just focus on him being accused of child molestation. :up:

marvin-martian
06-28-2009, 05:04 PM
all the hostility!!!

bigred76
06-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Again, I must flip it around. Who is this "we" that must respect the dead? He's dead, and that is it. If you choose to make a big deal out of it, so be it.

I do know how much he contributed to humanitarian efforts, and you know what? I really don't give a damn about that either.

Chris is just being a **** about something he believes strongly about.

DFSniper
06-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Chris is just being a **** about something he believes strongly about.

hmm.. sounds like someone else i know...

buffblackbird2002
06-28-2009, 06:31 PM
ok simma down now. We all have our opinions about everything. i may be newer to this forum than most you old farts, but dang!!!! I feel like this is a fire fight in here. Let those who liked MJ respect and mourn his death and those who dont realy care go about it focus on what they do care about. I was raised on Michael jackson and im also in the Air Force and have worried about what is going on over seas because i may have to be involved in whatever coflict/war we may get into. OK thats my 2 1/2 cents.

fatkidfrompbaz
06-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Cant we all just get along:p

HelpDeskHustler
06-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Tim. He was found innocent. If we as a society treat the accusation of the act as truth, then why do we bother having courts to decide whether the accuser is correct or not? And Chris, I disagree. Iranian efforts for democracy has shaped more lives in a month than Michael could in a year. What's happening in Iran now will shape the global tensions and political climate for at least the next 10 years if not longer.

bigred76
06-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Although he was exonerated on the charges, he still molested children in the definition of the word as well as was just plain perverted.