splater18
03-14-2006, 06:18 PM
do you play with em if so what kind

would it be better to buy cleats or were lighter tennis shoes

thanks

QAZ123
03-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Cleat's!

I where Nike's mid top before that I had Rawling's cleat's both are effective.

You want a big cleat to dig in the front and if you can or have a choice a tapered cleat in the back. If not tapered no big deal.

JB.

Santy
03-14-2006, 06:52 PM
cleats are cleats, if its that slippery out that u need em, if they have spikes ur gonna get traction, doesn;t matter what the formation of the spikes is.

i use soccer cleats cause i play soccer and i have em.

QAZ123
03-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Come try baseball sliding on hard kentucky red clay just below the dirt/grass! It's a pain especially if the back cleat catches that's why I like it taper off.

Just my preferance and opinion that I threw out there! I'm sure he'll get a couple more odd opinion's too before this post dies.

Edit-
And if cleat's are cleat's then there would only be one type for all sport's. Just my opinion.

JB.

03TiburonGT
03-14-2006, 07:03 PM
I use soccer cleats because I have like 3 pairs of them that fit me right now and they get super good traction. Soccer cleats are plenty light instead of the tennis shoes, you probably wouldn't notice it when you're playing. I say just go to male reproductive organ's sporting goods and pick up a $30 pair. They should last you and provide excactly what you're looking for

Santy
03-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Come try baseball sliding on hard kentucky red clay just below the dirt/grass! It's a pain especially if the back cleat catches that's why I like it taper off.

Edit-
And if cleat's are cleat's then there would only be one type for all sport's. Just my opinion.

JB.

i don;t get how the back catches, and what u mean by tapered off, but it sounds painful if it does catch. and i;'m not trying to fight wih you, sorry if it came of that way. and i'm guessing red clay feels like frozen ground out here in Mass. EDIT: nvm i get it, a bsaeball slide ur feet are forward.

and yeah there are cleats for all different sports but u can use any of em for paintball.

lewizz124
03-14-2006, 07:26 PM
i wear football cleats (i think) and i like them for paintball ALOT. there kinda high tops too wich i like and there not the metal cleats there like plastic/rubber/whatever and are light and get awsome grip.

shunut
03-14-2006, 07:41 PM
I wear adidas baseball cleats. They are rubber cleats. Work great, much better that regular tennis shoes.

ooglieboogliebob
03-14-2006, 08:05 PM
yeah, cleats are way better ... give you more balance ... but it's really all just personal preference.. try both :) .. ur probably gonna slip alot with tennis shoes though

DyNasty9
03-14-2006, 08:46 PM
i don;t get how the back catches, and what u mean by tapered off, but it sounds painful if it does catch. and i;'m not trying to fight wih you, sorry if it came of that way. and i'm guessing red clay feels like frozen ground out here in Mass. EDIT: nvm i get it, a bsaeball slide ur feet are forward.

and yeah there are cleats for all different sports but u can use any of em for paintball.
well maybe if you guys learned to slide right?:rolleyes:

:p :p jk, i havent ever worn cleats playing pb. probably cuz i only play indoor most of the time.which is on turf so the cleats are useless.

druid
03-14-2006, 10:07 PM
...good...I have a pair of Sport-Bilt rubber cleats that are nice...cheap too.

Chris Cole
03-15-2006, 05:47 AM
I say just go to male reproductive organ's sporting goods and pick up a $30 pair.

That is indeed the best avoidance of a stupid filter I've ever seen.

Anyway, I sport a pair of Nike Air 3/4 top football cleats. good traction, good ankle support, and gentler on my knees.

QAZ123
03-15-2006, 05:50 AM

Sorry it was late last night when I posted I must have just took it the wrong way.

Sorry,
JB.

vikingshadow
03-15-2006, 05:57 AM
I wear adidas baseball cleats. They are rubber cleats. Work great, much better that regular tennis shoes.

Great minds must think alike. I wear adidas baseball cleats as well! Got em on sale at Academy Sports for like 15.00 or so....

DexGtr
03-15-2006, 06:44 AM
i wear adidas cleats too...i used to use tennis shoes...but if the place is muddy...it's like slip and slide. :)

Dante86
03-15-2006, 08:36 AM
i think im the only one who don't wear cleats. i just play with some old skating shoes (Vans to be exact). their comfortable , light , and always keep me balanced. Sometimes wear my basketball shoes if i can't find the Vans. 8)

p.s.
you guys got horrible balance skills j/k lol

druid
03-15-2006, 08:51 AM
I shoud have mentioned that for woodsball/scenario at SkirmishUSA, I wear 11" all-leather boots...simply because of the terrain...

FullMetal
03-15-2006, 03:01 PM
If in the woods I wear a pair of Altama Jungle boots, there light, have good traction, very durable and have great ankle support. Cost me a little less then $100 at the BX.

If speedball then I wear dye ATC Hydro Gel, they have great traction, they feel light to me (but I do where boots everyday to work), seem durable so far and not so good on ankle support. Cost me like $74 online.

maximus100389
03-15-2006, 03:22 PM
for indoor i know that many places that use field turf, or fake grass, dont like it when you use cleats. they let me use my indoor soccer cleats though, and they work great. but i would rather have something with more ankle support, but its ahrd to find that without having the stubs on it. the indoor ones dont have any stubs.