PDA

View Full Version : shutter wont recock!!

backwoodhick
06-05-2009, 06:35 AM
well i see i can finally start a new thread. i found a guy on here last night and was talkin to him on AIM. i told him my problem and he tried to help me figure it out but it didnt seem to work.

so my problem is one day i went to use my shutter at a course one day for a grad party and i had used it in about a year. took it over to the crono. and i couldnt even get it up to the 275 fps limit they have there. so i had to use my ol trusty VL Revelation, hasnt failed me yet. the only thing the shutter would do when i would pull the trigger is just plop the ball out with hardly any pressure, and make the "machine gun" sound like it was low on CO2, but the tank was full. i got home tore it down looked over it all oiled it and put it back together, still no luck. every time i re cocked it and fired it, it did the same thing over and over again. i keep tearing it down hoping i missed something but it seems right every time i look at it. it does have a aftermaket ACI expansion chamber and low pressure tube on it. not too sure what stage it is.

the one guy i was talkin to last night told me to adjust the feed pressure from the tank, he wasnt sure if there was an adjustment on the expansion chamber or not. any help would be great. never had a problem with this marker untill this incident. kinda wanna get back into playin again.

shunut
06-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Check the regulator with the co2 tank on and let me know what pressure it is set at.

I had something similar happen to me and it turned out that some how I turned the bolt upside down. So I would look at that and make sure that the opening in the middle of the tube is facing downward.

What kind of lube are you using when you reassemble everything after you take it apart?

When you take it apart do you take everything out (bolt, striker, valve...)?

Finally, how far is your velocity adjuster screwed in?

TheDarkShadow
06-05-2009, 07:12 AM
also, check the o-rings and make sure that they are in good condition

backwoodhick
06-05-2009, 07:48 AM
wow thanks for the fast replys..thank you

when i have a tank in the guage reads 500 psi. i changed that to go about 400 and about 800 on the gauge. no change. i adjusted the volocity screw in all the way and just all the way out to see if there was any change and it seems to be just about the same result. when i tear it down yes i do take everything apart including hte valve and all the other components. the oil i use is 3:1 house oil..the stuff that comes in a little tin squeeze can. my buddies dad told me to use it he said it was pretty much the same thing as gun oil...i kinda take his word with him doin some time in the military, and havent had a problem since with useing that oil.

all the o-rings are in good shape. the one o-ring on the striker is a little loose but not enough to worrie about.

TheRedBarron
06-05-2009, 08:08 AM
While 3:1 is certainly okay for use with spyder paintball markers, I would suggest using an oil such as Gold Cup or any other paintball specific oil.

Replace the striker O-Ring, if this is loose it may be causing friction in the lower tube, causing it to not reach the sear after being fired, this will cause a jackhammer etc.

Is your valve installed correctly?

How does your cup seal look?

backwoodhick
06-05-2009, 08:28 AM
cup seal is brand new i got in a rebuild kit that came with the gun when i bought it. the valve is in right...i would think if it wasnt in right the gas would flow right past the seal, i remember i had that problem once on my VL. i even looked at the diagram to make sure it was in right.

backwoodhick
06-05-2009, 08:33 AM
o ya i forgot...im going to try the new oring on the striker...im sure its the right size...as far as i know they are all tank orings...right?

backwoodhick
06-05-2009, 08:47 AM
well update on the new o-ring. no change. i even changed a o-ring on the bolt cause it was a little loose. still nothing. anything else?

backwoodhick
06-05-2009, 11:54 AM
i have another question...i was just fiddling with it cause its sittin here next to me and i was pusing on the bolt. i was pushing on the bolt and i can push it in about an inch or so...is that normal? i think it is but i just never noticed it before.

bigred76
06-05-2009, 01:03 PM
I still think your valve might be in backwards.

backwoodhick
06-05-2009, 02:39 PM
the valve is in the right way. i even took it out to double check. i looked at the parts diagram and you can tell which way the valve goes in. the little opening faces to the back. i even flipped it over. there is that grove on it, not sure what that is for but i figured what the hell i would give it a whirl.

TheRedBarron
06-06-2009, 04:19 AM
No the striker O-Ring is not a tank O-Ring. It is smaller and does not stretch. It should be either black or red.

dizzy
06-06-2009, 11:50 AM
I have that same Ex. Chamber on a Shutter, too. There's no adjustment on it; the screw is to take it apart, or swivel it so it'll have the hose coming out where you want it.

I'd say check the bolt to see if it's upside down (somehow), and replace the red o-ring on the striker like TRB said. It should be in your rebuild kit. Oh, and try to put the pressure back to ~800. I had a problem with jack-hammering and it was 'cause my PSI was too low.

backwoodhick
06-06-2009, 02:31 PM
well i just bought a oring kit from that "compulsive" website. i dont know if the orings were used in the kit or not. so i figured i would just buy a new kit. tried actionvillage first but once again they were outta stock. i did get a pack of regular orings off e-bay yesterday so i guess when everything gets here im just going to replace all the rings. hopefully that will end this madness.

shunut
06-07-2009, 05:58 PM
You never said anything about the bolt being in the right way, is it?

backwoodhick
06-10-2009, 07:42 AM
o i thought i said mentioned it. maybe i was thinkin it and never typed it down. ya the bolt is in the right way. i have never taken the stud outta the bolt to begin with so i been puttin it in the only way it can go. the hole is facing down in the bolt too. today i should get my repair kit. i just got my co2 tank o-rings in the mail today and hte striker o-rings should be later today when UPS comes. so hopefully after i redo all the rings i will solve the "jack hammering" issue. ill let ya guys know if thats the problem or ill be back askin more questions.

backwoodhick
06-10-2009, 08:02 AM
i was just wondering, the valve, does the notch out part where the holes are, does it go up or down? i tried both ways and neither seemed to make a difference.

shunut
06-10-2009, 08:13 AM
The opening should face up. The other side is a notch for the valve body screw to hold the valve in place.

backwoodhick
06-10-2009, 08:50 AM
still a little confused. the hole goes from one side to the other and one side has a notch. so ur sayin the notch faces down? so whats the other hole for that doesnt have the notch?

backwoodhick
06-10-2009, 09:51 AM
well the UPS man came and i finished replacing the o-rings. took it out and wallah, shoots like a champ. thanks for all the help and what not. hopefully this will help someone else. just to sum it up to anyone who is lookin later on. symptoms: not recocking and jack hammering.
cure: replace worn o-rings ( or all ) make sure valve is in correctly, bolt is in right side up ( hole in bolt faces down )

thanks again fellas. :) :D