PDA

View Full Version : ?

LiquidSteel
05-21-2009, 02:35 PM
if in wrong place please move mods.

just found out my mom is suffering from cancer and kidney failure. what i need to know is can you fly with a marker? whats the legistics to gettin on a plane and takein your marker and accesories with you? im hoping to get to go but want to take my makrker with me. we are a family that prefers to enjoy what life we have instead of sittin around and balling about what we cuda or shuda done. any 1 have a clue what i have to do to take my spyder with me and the best way to pack it for least damage?

bigred76
05-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Needs to be in your checked baggage, preferably with the frame detached. Bottles need to have the regulator/valve taken off.

Paintball Freak
05-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your mother... I'll be praying for your family

TheDarkShadow
05-21-2009, 06:31 PM
yeah, sorry to hear about your mom, yeah, I'd do what Red says

paintballkid0206
05-21-2009, 07:02 PM
yea, what Red said is prolly the best thing. im sorry to hear about your mom. i also have a close friend with cancer, ill b praying.

RSX99
05-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Sorry to hear. You have our condolences.

buffblackbird2002
05-22-2009, 04:29 AM
What red said is true. i showed up once with my marker and tank. it was in checked baggage, but my tank still had its valve installed. It was completely empty and the valve was open to allow for expansion and compression as needed. airlines said that still would not "fly". So luckily it was a cheap old tank so i had to throw it away before i could go further.the marker stayed intact minus the barrel removed. as long as there is no air source attached and no "ammo" in the marker you should be fine. My thoughts and prayers with your mother and your family, have a safe flight. Mind me askin, where you flying to?

LiquidSteel
05-22-2009, 07:52 AM
well it looks like if i get to go and mom wants me up there in washington state. " pretty sure she does" i will have to hop a bus. gotta hate greyhound. 2 days on a bus is gna suck but for the price its best for me. buff i will be in the tacoma washington area

bigred76
05-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Just empty your tank, then. You shouldn't have to take off the regulator. Might want to call and check with them and be sure to use the most technical terms possible (i.e. high pressure cylinder for paintball use).

LiquidSteel
05-22-2009, 12:53 PM
cant afford to fly if i go. the marker and gear aint a big deal. its almost 1000 for a round trip flight compared to 200 for a bus ride. i think the bus is best on the wallet

buffblackbird2002
05-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Bus rides suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!! Sacramento, Ca ----------->Lubbock, TX

Argh. Never again, but yeah prices are usually better.