PDA

View Full Version : Scrimmage Day at Midway.... Scrimm Wars ENCORE.

bigred76
05-18-2009, 08:44 PM
New gallery up:
http://www.bigredphotography.net/photos/539351496_9WVCr-L-1.jpg (http://www.bigredphotography.net/gallery/8247790_ZfQaP)

jxs081
05-19-2009, 03:10 AM
red thats a killer shot, great timeming

buffblackbird2002
05-19-2009, 03:27 AM
i checked your pics out, i like the one you have posted here and the picture of that big guy playing. Just shows the multitude of people who play.

bigred76
05-19-2009, 04:10 AM
At first I was concerned when I saw him (I have a massive inferiority complex and the man is much bigger than me), but he's actually a really nice, down to earth dude. He also shoots some of the hawtest guns, and goes through them as quick as a..... well, what I was going to say was rather inappropriate. :D

This batch wasn't that great due to a bunch of reasons that were all on me, and I really don't like them. There was no other photographer, and I didn't shoot in RAW, so these are what I have. Having said that, criticise away, I know what I think is wrong and am curious as to what you fellas think.

buffblackbird2002
05-19-2009, 06:37 AM
i have a simple nikon camera so i cant criticize besides the fact that i hate playing speedball. but thats more of a complaint and whining. nice shootin

buffblackbird2002
05-19-2009, 06:39 AM
There was no other photographer, and I didn't shoot in RAW, so these are what I have.

What is RAW?

leed
05-19-2009, 01:50 PM
It's a format that allows for a lot more in depth editing on the basic elements of a photo using a photo editing program such as Photoshop, or the Gimp version of a RAW editor. The file itself can not be viewed without it. This is largely because it hasn't actually been processed (That's what the editors are for).

More in depth, and probably easier to understand:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_image_format

Dis one made me laf: (Can be removed if needed, Tim)
http://gickr.com/results/anim_638bd480-caf7-1cc4-0560-43d46a4fef4d.gif

bigred76
05-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Leedikins, I hate you. I don't know how to string pictures together in a GIF like that! How'd you do it?

Yeah, BBB, you shoot a P&S... then to top it off it's a NIKON??? Blech, dude. As Leed said, RAW is essentially the raw image (hence the name) without any of the settings applied via camera functions.

DFSniper
05-19-2009, 06:03 PM
hey, his Nikon isnt as bad as my Sanyo...

bigred76
05-19-2009, 06:23 PM
While this is true, it's still a Nikon and must be loathed. Although, Canon just bought out the majority shares of Nikon, so we hopefully will see some half-decent cameras from them.

leed
05-19-2009, 06:53 PM
While this is true, it's still a Nikon and must be loathed. Although, Canon just bought out the majority shares of Nikon, so we hopefully will see some half-decent cameras from them.

I shoot a Nikon :( I like it. I don't mind Canons either, but they're confusing to use when used to a Nikon, because the Zoom is opposite. :shrug:

And google "Gif maker" for the sequence. Otherwise you can do it with ImageReady (part of Photoshop).

buffblackbird2002
05-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Wife picked the camera, i like it though. it works, you seen my pics in the back yard ballers thread.

Ace24
05-19-2009, 10:16 PM

Don't hate on Nikon's... They're far surperior to Canon on the element of sealing. They do not get dirty. Canon's get dirty. They both have their perks... but Canon is generally the choice of the wedding photographer, sport photographer, and car photographer. Nikons are usually the art photographers, wild life photographers, and the still life stuffs.

They're both pretty equal. It really depends on what lens you buy first. If it's a Canon, you're going to stick with Canon. If it's Nikon, you'll stick with Nikon. There is nothing wrong with owning either of the best two makes in the buisness.

On that note, I am a Canon fan. :P

Tim, it's good to see at least one person with good form in these photos. I was getting pissed at how all the people were sticking way out, had funky ass angles with their guns and how they had limbs sticking out everywhere.

IMG_6025 is the best example of good form I've seen so far.

Good photos. Some are a little washed out, but it's understandable when you're trying to get the player in the right lighting and everything around them is ueber bright.

Ace24
05-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Wow, so...

Luxe - $1200
Dye Rotor - $150
E-Ventz - $90
Realizing you're way too fat to play paintball - Priceless.

Like seriously. That guy has like 6 boobs!

bigred76
05-20-2009, 12:07 AM
I know all about Nikons, I just pick on them since the manufacture decided that motors in the lens for AF were too hard. :dodgy: Also, my Sigma goes the opposite way of my Canon lenses. Pain going back to my Canon lenses after using my Sigma primarily. I'll look that up, Leed, I should have thought to JFGI.

Hey hey hey..... that dude's really chill. He's a good gun fighter, consistent in every move he makes, and smart. A lot like Big Dan Lee or whatever his name was, actually.

Yeah, the lighting was just plain HORRIBLE. 105* heat, no clouds, direct sunlight all damned day.

buffblackbird2002
05-20-2009, 03:53 AM
and big guys usually find a way to have the most fun in any event