PDA

View Full Version : LPR won't go higher than 100psi

Cockerspy
05-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Hey I have a VS3 and on/off valve is on with air going through, new battery, and the pressure is turned all the way up so it should be reading 300 psi but it won't go pass the 100psi mark on the reg. Any help on what the problem would be before I send it back?

Thanks

ferret15
05-14-2009, 08:29 AM
did you shoot your gun, sometimes gauges are broken and don't read correctly.

you know that the on/off doesn't adjust the pressure correct? its a set screw that adjust that.

edit: maybe to help clear things up with you. HPR is what your adjusting, There is no LPR on your marker. The High pressure regulator and on/off is one assembly.

Cockerspy
05-14-2009, 09:20 AM
The screw next to the on/off has been dialed to the fullest according to the schematic, which means the pressure should be at around 300psi but it will not go higher than 100psi. I tried shooting the gun after I've cocked the marker it just sputters as if it was starving of air. Much like regular spyders or tippmans do when they are out of air.

bigred76
05-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Degass the marker and look at the gauge. Is it off?

Cockerspy
05-14-2009, 01:54 PM
yep marker is at the zero mark

Cockerspy
05-15-2009, 07:16 AM
up

ferret15
05-15-2009, 07:20 AM
please don't up your thread, if we knew the problem off had we would tell you or maybe we don't feel like it. These days its harder to distinguish from user error and mechanical failure.

any more potential information could help, maybe you should try to rebuild your reg?

Cockerspy
05-15-2009, 02:42 PM
please don't up your thread, if we knew the problem off had we would tell you or maybe we don't feel like it. These days its harder to distinguish from user error and mechanical failure.

any more potential information could help, maybe you should try to rebuild your reg?

hey thanks for being so nice and for the help, this is my first spyder to own I'm used to cockers and mags. air is flowing fine and the reg is in good condition so I don't think it is that, just wondering if it might be an internal problem.
:cool:

ferret15
05-15-2009, 03:30 PM
I tried shooting the gun after I've cocked the marker it just sputters as if it was starving of air. Much like regular spyders or tippmans do when they are out of air.

Well if we assume that your guage is wrong by some magic and your reg works the we could go through our regular STBB diagnosing,
-maker sure bolt oring has a little oil (o-ring only not the bolt)
-Striker oring is one piece and has some oil on it
proper assembly in lower tube- insert striker and then attach bolt so striker is correct orientation. Then buffer, spring and finally stick the plug in, screw the holding screw in and that is set.

hey thanks for being so nice and for the help, this is my first spyder to own I'm used to cockers and mags. air is flowing fine and the reg is in good condition so I don't think it is that, just wondering if it might be an internal problem.
:cool:

I don't think so but i will make a video on how re-lube your Balance valve tonight.

I would check your vertical adapter and Front block for restrictions and the bottomline reg/asa sounds broken or assembled wrong to me, Maybe the spring or washers are assembled in the wrong order? just a thought.

Cockerspy
05-17-2009, 02:49 PM
I gased up the marker and had is all disconnected from each other to listen and look for restrictions leading up to the front block. went through marco line tube with some force and then into forgrip and came out the other side and into the front block with no restrictions, ran out of air so i'll have to go and refill the thing. Also replaced the striker o-ring hearing that there is problems with those and oiled it a little, will check valve later as I don't have any air so why not take it back apart. Thanks guys

bigred76
05-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Hrm, valve might be backwards. Something to check when you have it apart next time.