PDA

View Full Version : Is Triax Paintball dependable?

Besieged From All Sides
05-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm talking about the 500-count-for-9-bucks-in-Academy brand. You are probably thinking cheap paintball equals bad quality, and that's what I was thinking at first.

But after I saw one or two reviews which both are positive (there aren't much reviews out there), I was ambivalent. Right now, I was aiming for a cheaper alternative for paintball, and nine bucks for good quality paintball is no doubt a good deal. However, is this nameless brand dependable though?

I'm sure that some of you guys have used this kind at least once before. What was it like?

slim and shady
05-08-2009, 09:58 PM
well I havent used this particular paint but I have used alot of paint including cheeper paint I honestly find you get what you pay for. Another thing is there is more to consider then if it shoots strait, you dont want paint that will stain other players gear ect (I have a shed I shot with cheep paint about 3 years ago the paint is still there like I shot it yesterday), or paint like monster balls that never ever break ect. so grab some and check it out.

bigred76
05-08-2009, 11:18 PM
I pay $4 more for a bag of Premiums. Find a better deal.

Also, that cheap **** they stock there? It might as well be reballs. They're absolutely horrible. Expect to pay at LEAST $40 for a good case of paint, and NEVER pay less unless it is that same paint that was above the $40 on sale.

Besieged From All Sides
05-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Hmm, I guess I should just buy what they have at the paintball course then. I don't want to be evil and permanently stain my opponents' stuff

XSiv Force
05-09-2009, 07:15 PM
where are you talking about academy sports...if so i picked up a bag for $9 and they shot ok for just a target didnt use them in game tho

slim and shady
05-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Hmm, I guess I should just buy what they have at the paintball course then. I don't want to be evil and permanently stain my opponents' stuff

Its not about being evil, its about having respect. :dodgy:

spoonie
05-10-2009, 08:00 AM
I pay $4 more for a bag of Premiums. Find a better deal.

Also, that cheap **** they stock there? It might as well be reballs. They're absolutely horrible. Expect to pay at LEAST $40 for a good case of paint, and NEVER pay less unless it is that same paint that was above the $40 on sale.

Do the math, guys. $9.95 for 500 balls is $40.00 per case.... :)