PDA

View Full Version : COG/Weight distribution

XSiv Force
05-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Should there be a specific center of gravity on markers or is it a personal preference

DFSniper
05-08-2009, 05:33 PM
personally, i cant stand it when my hopper is too far forward. IMO the rotor sits too far up on a timmy, but perfect on a spyder, while the eggy is too far back on a spyder, but perfect on a timmy.

and i hate guns that weigh 1/4 as much as the tank. all the weight is to the rear...

XSiv Force
05-08-2009, 05:34 PM
so where are your guns cog
mine seem to be right where your skin between your thumb and forefinger are

timmyshoota
05-08-2009, 05:41 PM
I like the weight of my gun more to the back. If the weight is more in the tank, then when one handed shooting, you don't have the front of the gun pulling down on you. Easier for me to balance with the weight back.

DFSniper
05-08-2009, 05:42 PM
it all depends. i hold the gun at the reg, but i pivot between my thumb and index finger.

hrm... actually, let me put a setup togther. that question intrigues me now...

shouldering the ripper with tank, all the weight rests on my left index finger, which is under the lpr. on the spyder, the center of gravity is a little further rear, but i think thats because of the longer asa.

XSiv Force
05-08-2009, 05:51 PM
i like the cog in the at the rear of the frame for the single handed shooting

DFSniper
05-08-2009, 05:53 PM
i could probably shoot one-handed fine, but the 88ci makes it a bit hard to tuck in and hold it.

XSiv Force
05-08-2009, 05:56 PM
yeah i suppose it would

The sp1 with my steely on it is balanced about 1/4" back of the trigger frame
the TL-R same tank is ballanced directly behind the trigger frame
pump piranha is balanced exactly at foregrip/quick change
normal upped piranha with 12 oz co2 is balanced at trigger

timmyshoota
05-08-2009, 06:15 PM
it all depends. i hold the gun at the reg, but i pivot between my thumb and index finger.

hrm... actually, let me put a setup togther. that question intrigues me now...

shouldering the ripper with tank, all the weight rests on my left index finger, which is under the lpr. on the spyder, the center of gravity is a little further rear, but i think thats because of the longer asa.

When I've got two hands on the gun, my front hand is always carrying all the weight, but when you've got both hands on the gun, you've got all the control you need. When you've got only one hand on it, you want the most control. IMO, beyond that, COG/weight distribution isn't important.

Critical
05-08-2009, 06:35 PM
I think it's personal preference, but, for certain actions, like snap-shooting, shooting while moving or butt-stroking people, a balance in a certain area will make them easier. Each of my different markers balances slightly differently as I use them each differently.