PDA

View Full Version : pokemon :nododgy:

claustrophobia9
03-13-2006, 03:11 PM
ok, long story short: as a joke sum1 started playing pokemon again (original gameboy) and the "retro fad" "evolved"(lol) from just the dragon kid table (kids who play magic, drink mnt dew, etc) through me and into alot of the school. its a school tradition to have "music fest" where we have basically an entire freeday and bands play and stuff... well this music fest, a few guys are putting on a pokemon tourny... yea... i know, but who cares ima pwn some noobs. i have about 1 month to train... any roster suggestions?

rules for the tourny are:

3v3 divisionals (lightning vs lightning, water vs water, etc.) will be held in bracket format

6v6 no limits competitions will be held

dont worry about what pokemon i can get, there are like 40 game boys in my school at one time, ill find a way.

rules restrict pokemon games to original/semi original games... blue, red, yellow, silver, and gold.

i know its a stupid thing to ask, but work around the rediculousness, and help me out, theres a prize i want to win. *note* include moves if you remeber them, and all pokemon will be level 100 at time of battle, legit... :rolleyes:

Santy
03-13-2006, 03:28 PM
u have to have charizard, and that rare fire bird thing, maybe the giant turtle blastoise, and venosaur.

claustrophobia9
03-13-2006, 03:38 PM
i have like everything, gameboy saves last forever, i was really just looking for a lineup, like my current one:

jolteon
articuno
machamp
alakazam
cloyster
arcanine

but that was for fifth grade, and i cheated, and 1 other thing i neglected to mention is that all games have to be reset before being approved to be in the tourny... so theyre all going bye bye (plus every1 is going to cheat, and since actual exp gives more points than rarecandies, ill have the upper hand)

if you need help thinking of thier names (or a good laugh, look at 308...) check www.pokemon.com and look at the pokedex...

JDubalo7
03-13-2006, 03:43 PM
i suggest investing in a game shark and using the missing no. cheat and try to get mew, or any of the other rare pokemon

claustrophobia9
03-13-2006, 03:46 PM
i suggest investing in a game shark and using the missing no. cheat and try to get mew, or any of the other rare pokemon i tried, gamestop doesnt sell or buy old gamesharks where i live..

Nintendo
03-13-2006, 03:47 PM
try to have weird combos like water but yet its also ground type i would try to go with
charazard
pidgeot
nidoking
poliwrath
alakazam
scyther
also teach them different moves that they normally wouldnt have

JDubalo7
03-13-2006, 03:51 PM
ill try to find my old gameshark tommorw and if i find it ill ship it to you to use if you want, you'll have to pay shipping atleast one way

ricochet08
03-13-2006, 03:58 PM
i believe i have the gameshark if ur interested :)

man, it's been a while since i played pokemon. honestly...i kinda miss it :p

claustrophobia9
03-13-2006, 04:03 PM
no thanks on the gameshark, im pretty sure if i walk in with a mew every1 will know... im a man of integrity (and with all this rain, little to do, but play an old video game... although they caught me off gaurd by deleting my game, i still have another game (not as far, like cerulian maybe... which is where i am in blue version, the registered game, but with different guys)

edit: i just got word from my friend that we'll be allowed to switch up our party between rounds... and that we can register up to 36 guys (6 lineups) also we have record keepers for the games (since they go so fast theyll just slow it down to an even pace) who will record the lineup used in the game and the move order, and post them at a "strategies table" before the next round, with 5 min between rounds... so now it just got stepped up a ton... and im a little nervious... i know i can beat people in a flat out battle, but this style makes me nervious... ill narrow it down to the ones i know how to use, suggestions help...

my register list so far will be (in numeric, by pokedex order):

1 venusaur
2 charizard
3 blastoise
4 beedrill
5 fearow (little known fact, better than pidgeot)
6 raichu
7 sandslash
8 nidoqueen
9 nidoking
10 ninetails
11 venomoth (wtf... teh pwnage, i swear)
12 golduck
13 primape
14 arcanine
15 polywrath
16 alakazam
17 machamp
18 golem
19 dodrio
20 cloyster
21 gengar
22 marowak
(no hitmonchan, or hitmonlee, both suck)
23 rydon
24 kangaskhan
25 scyther
26 pinsir
27 gyrados
28 vaporeon
29 jolteon
30 flareon
31 kabutops (pwns omastar)
32 aerodactle
33 articuno
34 zaptos
35 moltres (meh)
36 dragonite
37 mewtwo (ok i guess, but every1 will have him, i need a counter... like gengar, who will pwn his face)
38 uh... some of the new guys, i never played silver... so i guess im going balls in and just picking a few from that... my brother had the game (still does, doesnt play it, now i have it) but he was a noob.

wow... i cant believe i am (and like 30 other people) are playing pokemon... but what a fitting time, on their 10th aneversary (red launch in japan... winter 1995/1996 (96 was official release))

btw.... pokemon guides are number 1 on gamefaqs... if ur really bored shoot me a pm and ill send you a link to pokemon emerald demo and a gameboy emulator

marvin-martian
03-13-2006, 04:38 PM
i dont feel like listing 36 for you, so ill just do 6.
my favorites are:
1-blastoise
2-alakazam
3-articuno
4-hitmonchan
5-arcanine
6-zapdos
7-(optional switch with aritcuno) jolteon

claustrophobia9
03-13-2006, 04:46 PM
hitmonchan will get owned in the tourny... hands down. all itll take is one fly to take it out, plus mewtwo will be SUPER effective which will blow for me...

heres something i dug up... gengar will be my mewtwo killer
http://dw.com.com/redir?asid=198308&astid=8&siteid=19&edid=107&destCat=35426&destURL=http%3A%2F%2Fdb.gamefaqs.com%2Fportable%2F gbcolor%2Ffile%2Fpokemon_gs_type.gif
if its too annoying here is another...

http://dw.com.com/redir?asid=918915&astid=8&siteid=19&edid=107&destCat=32325&destURL=http%3A%2F%2Fdb.gamefaqs.com%2Fportable%2F gbadvance%2Ffile%2Fpokemon_frlg_attack.gif

claustrophobia9
03-13-2006, 05:22 PM
http://upc.pkmn.co.uk/games/gs/guides/statexp.html

edit: that site i linked to... amazing, i think i found my deciding factor of pokemon

claustrophobia9
03-13-2006, 05:52 PM
according to the chart... the 6 most powerful (regular attack) from the normal set are:
Dragonite
Rhydon
Pinsir-Gyrados (tie)
Hitmonlee
Kabutops

suprisingly, 3 were in my top ten, ive never picked hitmonlee (who pwns hitmonchan in attack stats...) all but pinsir and kabutops are in the elite four.... go figure...

claustrophobia9
03-13-2006, 06:46 PM
ok here is something i didnt know that really makes me appreciate the game more... pokemon have genes in the game... something called "dv" or deter variable... its a variable 0-15 and 15 has the max stat... there are 4 random genes, so the chances of having a really good one are 65536 (or a gameshark)... so i think i might talk to someone with a gameshark or pick one up... cuz i need max stats... and rarecandies do not effect how a pkmn grows... stat exp (hidden exp gained in battle) determine what stat points ur pkmn has, and if you put a pkmn in a box it refreshes these, similar to a level up, so although you may not level up, you still can gain points, then refresh it to make your guy better... but that still means you have to go and fight up to the max battle stats...

mv540
03-13-2006, 07:18 PM
i tried, gamestop doesnt sell or buy old gamesharks where i live..

hey mn, probally tomorrow I´ll give you the tip of how to get mew, just gonna ask my friend that gave me that cheat, and i tell you tomorrow

NOte: you have to get like another pokemon cassete, cause you have to start all over again, and i think in the gost city (don´t remember the name of the city now), you can get mew, and other pokemons that you cant get in a game (like red, i think you cnát get electrabuzz, but with that cheat you can get it:p ), but that´s the only issue, start all over again, but is wotrh it!!!!

o my line up was:
mewtwo
mew
jolteon
dragonite
articuno

mv540
03-13-2006, 07:21 PM
i suggest investing in a game shark and using the missing no. cheat and try to get mew, or any of the other rare pokemon

ohhh, i also know how to get missing no., you can get it in an island.
I get you all the info tomorrow;)

Baller-59
03-13-2006, 07:26 PM
I can hook you up with a brainboy if you return it.

TacTownKilla
03-13-2006, 07:53 PM
a little excited here are we claus :dodgy:

DyNasty9
03-13-2006, 08:21 PM
haha this is ridiculus.

ridiculusly funny that is. i rember playing pokemon wehn i was in like 3rd or 4th grade. and reading all these post has me searching for my pokemon games and my GB advanced.

DFSniper
03-14-2006, 11:49 AM
this is gonna sound wierd, but i still have almost all my poke skills from 6th-7th grade.

my ideal lineup (oldskool):
Dragonite (fireblast, blizzard, thunder, dig)
Charizard (fireblast, flamethrower, fly[can only learn it on Yellow], slash)
Gengar (psychic, hypnosis, dream eater)
Zapdos
Mewtwo (swift, fissure, toxic, waterfall [get from gold/silver/crystal])
Venusaur (leech seed, solar beam, vine whip, slam)

if youre using Gold/silver/crystal, try these:
Dragonite (replace dig with twister) use dragon fang as a powerup
Typhlosion (fire wheel, flamethrower, fireblast, slash/bite) use charcoal
Ampharos (thundershock, thunderbolt, thunder, thunder wave) use light ball
Lugia (aeroblast, hydro pump, psychic, swift), give it the water power up

wildcard (with gameshark):
Mew (fissure, horn drill, guillotine, fly)
its funny that you mention pokemon cuz my friend downloaded yellow and red for the PSP a few days ago!

claustrophobia9
03-14-2006, 01:31 PM
statistically speaking, original pokemon on average pwn new pokemon. and how can you have dragonite without hyper beam or ice beam, take out every1. and mewtwo without specail moves (eg, phsychic will get owned)

ok so i was getting some chuckles as i played pokemon at lunch, along with like 12 others, and alot of people were acting really sceptical and holding back their true feelings, i had alot of kids tell me i should throw myself down the stairs at breakfast and then asking me if they could join the tourny at the end of the day... and i have gold version, i got silver in the used basket and it wouldnt save so i returned it and their other silver didnt work either so i got gold... so ho-oh is what i can get, not lugia... ho-oh sucks from what i hear but attack stats for him are 358 compared to 278 for lugia.

DJ Katt RMX
03-14-2006, 06:57 PM
SCYTHER! Scyther is the ****e

Flareon
Scyther
Lapras
AeroDactyl (retarded, but still useful)
NidoKing
and another Scyther, with flying attacks and evasive powerups

DJ Katt RMX
03-14-2006, 06:58 PM
i would own you all in pokemon, as would The Beautiful

claustrophobia9
03-15-2006, 03:38 AM
its about time you got here. id argue the flareon because you are missing a huge aspect of your lineup... electric. water isnt and uncommon sight in a trainer battle. scyther is pretty good but i need attacks that work well for him, suggestions? i use pinsir because his strength is higher. and theres no way you would pwn me... dragonite is the ****. btw i have a legit mew (gained through the game without using missingno. (pm me))

marvin-martian
03-15-2006, 03:50 AM
you do the ss anne claus?

Angel69
03-15-2006, 04:25 AM
get those kick ass dogs for the 3 0n 3......flareion vaporean jolteon...theylll rippem up:D

i remember me and my friend (after running out of air) got bored out his hosue and found his 2 old gameboys and trained for 2 hours then battled...goooood times :p ;)

DJ Katt RMX
03-15-2006, 09:59 AM
scythers:

1) HyperBeam
Slash
Swords Dance
Double team

(use double team on your first turn, then again and again until your enemy manages to actually hit you. after that, Swords dance until scyther can't do it anymore. after these ten turns, your guy will have a little bit of damage, but not a whole lot if you upp graded your evasion and speed using those things from celeron city (those big huge places where you can by TMs) at this point Slash can kill everything and anything in one foul swoop, and if you run into a large defense rock type, you can hit them with two hyper beams and kill them, without having to worry about being hit by the enemies attacks at all.)

the other scyther you can use similarly in the case of a accident. you can TRY to use this technique with another pokemon, but scyther is the only one that pulls it off well, if not always then 99 time out of 100. reason being, scyther is the fastest pokemon, flying gives him +5 bonus to speed and evasion. defense is ok, but his attack is awesome.

claustrophobia9
03-15-2006, 01:11 PM
you do the ss anne claus?
no, i do nugget bridge/bills house and saffaron/celadon tunnel version that was found 2 years ago.

DFSniper
03-15-2006, 01:17 PM
how? im really curious! i heard that the only legit way to get it was to go to the Nintendo truck and load it onto your file... and that SS Anne BS never works, i think some nerd came up with it just to screw with little kids minds...

phatphil
03-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Okay I kind of remember this, you have to get the "secret" pokemon in red or blue, you get them by surfing up and down the side of one island. If I remember you pick them up at a really high level or its easy to raise their level, because I had a full list of Level 100, they glitch sometimes but they are unbeatable. Google it and you can probably get a better description.

claustrophobia9
03-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Okay I kind of remember this, you have to get the "secret" pokemon in red or blue, you get them by surfing up and down the side of one island. If I remember you pick them up at a really high level or its easy to raise their level, because I had a full list of Level 100, they glitch sometimes but they are unbeatable. Google it and you can probably get a better description.
missing no. and that was a glitch... this actually had a picture, it was discovered in 2003 when pokemon wasnt "cool"

at bills house path, dont fight level 17 slowpoke from youngster

btwn lavander and saffaron dont fight gambler with poliwags and 1 whirl facing the tunnel to celadon

get fly, some good catching devices, and access to saffaron, go to the celadon tunnel (from celadon, to lavander) then exit on lavander side

save (in case you messed up)

**hardest part** press start milliseconds after you press forward (walking into the gambler's area of battlesight), if he spots you and you go into battle, turn off the game and load it up again. if you get the menu, and you have 1 walking space between you and the door to the building you did it right

without exiting the menu, select fly, and go to cerulian city

walk as far from the youngster w/ slowpoke described earlier as possible, initiating fight

win

fly to saffaron, start walking to lavander town

start menu will pop up near the gate to lavander town path, press b, you will encounter a level 7 mew, dont screw up, this is the only one, also dont save in between the save i told you and after you catch the mew.

claustrophobia9
03-16-2006, 05:13 PM
well about 20% of the kids entering have games with bad internal batteries and they keep erasing the games so we came up with a better way of doing things, a friend has one of those "gameboy to computer emulator" converters home made so we loaded up a few games (leagally, we could have just dled them, but thats a no-no) so were working on hooking up a vpn (virtual private network) so people can sign in and be able to fight over the vpn on their computers

DFSniper
03-19-2006, 12:07 PM
sweet, im gonna try that on my next road trip (this coming-up weekend)

thechubbss12
03-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Heh awesome stuff i actuly bought a new pokemon game. I know i am a jock that does stuff all the band kids (school band) do LOL. But one pokemon that no one ever gives credit to is a Garados (evolution of magikarp). probibly one of the best water pokemon (faster then blastoise, stronger then articuno).
Dragon Rage
HyperBeam
Thunderbolt (He can learn electric attacks if you use the TMs)
Surf

DJ Katt RMX
03-20-2006, 09:29 AM
in 2003 when pokemon wasn't cool? i had that glitch down in 1999, claus...

claustrophobia9
03-21-2006, 03:27 AM
in 2003 when pokemon wasn't cool? i had that glitch down in 1999, claus... thats what the date stamp says on the uber website, and since this dude knows almost everything i assumed it true, maybe hes slow on those things, w/e. be on aim in a week i have something

davidthegr8
03-25-2006, 11:37 AM
pokemon is cool again?

marvin-martian
03-25-2006, 12:18 PM
pokemon is the definition of cool...so is taking peoples names :dodgy:

03TiburonGT
03-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Anybody selling a gameboy and pokemon? Claus, this thread has totally brought back memories and I want to play again!!!

davidthegr8
03-25-2006, 02:50 PM
i took someones name?
ive had this name since age of empires 2 came out

marvin-martian
03-25-2006, 02:55 PM
no, its just very similar to my name on aim. youre ok though.

davidthegr8
03-25-2006, 03:14 PM
oh ok

DFSniper
03-27-2006, 05:53 AM
lol, it is. i restarted red this weekend (after transferring it all onto Stadium 2!) and im about to do the mew cheat (tried it for an hour on the way home yesterday, but couldnt remember the exact directions)

edit: the cheat worked, YESSS! [/nerdiness]