PDA

View Full Version : how usps opens your mail!!!!

Modded-Like-Hell
05-02-2009, 11:15 AM
is this how we all get our mail?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/VinceZ/HPIM0960-1.jpg

DFSniper
05-02-2009, 11:17 AM
wtf?

Modded-Like-Hell
05-02-2009, 11:24 AM
wtf?

yeah!!! that what i said!!!

DFSniper
05-02-2009, 11:26 AM
was anything missing?

i bet what happened was it got caught in the shredder/sorter, so they said **** it, we'll still deliver it and let them deal with it.

Modded-Like-Hell
05-02-2009, 11:34 AM
there were wrapped straight fittings in it and they took the wrapping off one.... m************rs

ferret15
05-02-2009, 11:51 AM
oh dude, I'm sorry to hear that. seriously. if i ever get a couple of extra straight fittings i'll send them your way.

did you lose both

Modded-Like-Hell
05-02-2009, 11:53 AM
dont worry about it.... i recieved them just not in the way they came in lol

DFSniper
05-02-2009, 11:56 AM
at least they didnt deliver an empty envelope. that happened to someone recently, but i forget who.

ferret15
05-02-2009, 12:05 PM
ok thanks i thought they lose them.

Modded-Like-Hell
05-02-2009, 12:07 PM
naw they came in... dont worry its not ur fault.... i still left you a positive feedback

ferret15
05-02-2009, 12:27 PM
cool, thanks

DFSniper
05-02-2009, 12:28 PM
note to everyone (esp. ferret):

DONT ship items in regular white envelopes. those go through a sorter that will shred anything too big.

HelpDeskHustler
05-02-2009, 12:47 PM
They already look at it, why do they need to open it. The government owns you. Fight back. :dodgy: ?

Modded-Like-Hell
05-02-2009, 01:07 PM
already email'ed them back

bigred76
05-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I had a box once from a member on here that was held at the post office. I didn't get pictures, but it was ripped to shreds, and since it said it was a coffee maker, they decided to hold onto it instead of delivering it. They left a note, of course, and the gentleman on the phone was very nice, but he was very confused when he looked inside and saw plastic tubes (pods) instead of a coffee maker. Needless to say, that unnamed member never got any feedback from me since I was and still am so disgusted.

fatkidfrompbaz
05-02-2009, 02:06 PM
i thought it got burned, since the edges looked weird

shunut
05-02-2009, 02:36 PM
at least they didnt deliver an empty envelope. that happened to someone recently, but i forget who.

:yeahthat:

LostCause
05-02-2009, 05:16 PM
hey at least you gt your mail, I almost missed my DODMERB cause the stupid Postal office didnt deliver my mail....happens way to much USPS=Fail

xsvly-fat
05-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Wow did you talk to anyone and figure out why they did that?

Modded-Like-Hell
05-03-2009, 10:58 AM
contacted usps by email...waiting for respond

leed
05-12-2009, 03:57 AM
note to everyone (esp. ferret):

DONT ship items in regular white envelopes. those go through a sorter that will shred anything too big.

Troof. It's happened before, to me. Tim mailed me an Autococker cocking rod in the mail, it came in a plastic bag with the pieces of the envelope. The sorters are designed to have FLAT things run through them. Fittings, Nuts, Bolts, and other such materials do not qualify as flat. If you take a look at some of your spam mail, you'll notice that even those fake embossed credit cards get messed up, where they punch through the plastic or engrave the envelope from the inside. It simply is not a good idea to be shipping items in non-padded envelopes. Padded envelopes get processed by hand. And by processed, I mean they are thrown and tossed around and dumped into bins and bigger bins by hand. And then sorted by hand.

And I wouldn't count on the USPS responding, maybe if you send them a post card, but fact of the matter is they frankly don't care. Unless you can email your particular post office, they really won't care. But good luck, glad to see you at least got your fittings in.

Modded-Like-Hell
05-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Troof. It's happened before, to me. Tim mailed me an Autococker cocking rod in the mail, it came in a plastic bag with the pieces of the envelope. The sorters are designed to have FLAT things run through them. Fittings, Nuts, Bolts, and other such materials do not qualify as flat. If you take a look at some of your spam mail, you'll notice that even those fake embossed credit cards get messed up, where they punch through the plastic or engrave the envelope from the inside. It simply is not a good idea to be shipping items in non-padded envelopes. Padded envelopes get processed by hand. And by processed, I mean they are thrown and tossed around and dumped into bins and bigger bins by hand. And then sorted by hand.

And I wouldn't count on the USPS responding, maybe if you send them a post card, but fact of the matter is they frankly don't care. Unless you can email your particular post office, they really won't care. But good luck, glad to see you at least got your fittings in.

wow! we are still on this topic? lol... thanks