PDA

View Full Version : spyder haters

AXe Hound
04-23-2009, 04:59 PM
hey guy's i am new to the forum but have been playing ball for a few years now but the reason i started the thread is that i love spyder i own almost every spyder and i have not regretted any purchase.but lately i have been using my new 08 electra(amazing gun)and have been getting lots of hate on the field from ego and dye users even though my said "garbage" spyder shoots just as fast and accurate as there 2000 dollar guns.
so brings me to my question have any of you people dealt with these people and how do you deal with it because its getting kind of old.

DFSniper
04-23-2009, 05:10 PM
how do i deal with them? light em up!

although i prefer my timmy and pump cocker over my spyders.

XSiv Force
04-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Honestly if it shoots ill use it.....ive beaten more ego lovers with my piranha than anyother one of my guns

bigred76
04-23-2009, 05:19 PM
"garbage" spyder shoots just as fast and accurate as there 2000 dollar guns.

So... you're playing against people with what? I can't think of a single $2,000 marker except for a couple custom markers. They're very rarely over $1,500. All of my markers are $500 or less. ;) Don't bring cost into the equation, as it's a flawed logic to start with.

Here's a good thread to read over to further understand the differences between Spyders and high-ends: http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=19821

And one for accuracy: http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=19783

Just food for thought. Welcome to the forums!

Oh, XSiV... Piranhas are for nubes. :dodgy:

XSiv Force
04-23-2009, 05:22 PM
I do agree with red....Doesnt matter how much money was put into the gun what matters is how you and the work with each other......I had a guy on my college pb team that only played with pump NO Elecs or Mechs. And he was one of the best players on the team.......My Piranhas i got for $2 and it still beats more expensive guns......

AXe Hound
04-23-2009, 05:23 PM
how do i deal with them? light em up!

although i prefer my timmy and pump cocker over my spyders.

well i do light theme up then they have more hate to say.so i do it again and they do it again,its a never ending cycle thats going no where and they dont seem to under stand whats happening and just wont let it go.these guys drive me up the wall.

XSiv Force
04-23-2009, 05:24 PM
youll ALWAYS catch it...Cockers catch it egos catch it everyone catches from everyone

AXe Hound
04-23-2009, 05:31 PM
thanks bigred that thread makes allot of sense.and yes there guns are about 1500 ish aside from the ups they put in to theme.

bigred76
04-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Glad to edumacate. :) While they are justified in saying their markers are better (because technically they are), they are not justified in attacking yours. I am, but I only choose to pick on certain people. It's all in the person, not because of the marker they shoot.

fatkidfrompbaz
04-23-2009, 06:11 PM
i started to laugh last year when i took out a guy with a proto or something with my mech victor

druid
04-23-2009, 06:11 PM
If you REALLY want to piss them off...mark them out with a Traccer or Maverick and if you really REALLY want to piss them off, mark them out with a spyder hammer :D

DFSniper
04-23-2009, 06:19 PM
hey, first time i took the hammer to the field, i got picked first! they figured anyone playing woodsball pump has serious balls and/or skill. plus it helped that the team captain was shooting a mech cocker half the day.

slim and shady
04-23-2009, 06:24 PM
I think you just got to let it roll off your back take it to the feild and EARN the respect. eventually they will get it, but there are dumb players out there that no matter what you do there will always be a problem, there the ones that usually arent worth a whole lot of your time, most of the time there the same ones whos parents buy there marker and gear for them.

as for the trracer, maverick hammer theory nothing works better!

bigred76
04-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Man, I remember that time my mom bought my first gun... oh wait, the only thing they've ever gotten for me for paintball was a Z-Board for the Zeggy (as in, it already had one) I sold the week before. :dodgy:

Get a job, earn some scrilla, spend the scrilla wisely on good stuff. Don't drop money on your Spyder when you can save up for something niiiiiiiice. The Spyder you have is an excellent platform to do that from.

slim and shady
04-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Man, I remember that time my mom bought my first gun... oh wait, the only thing they've ever gotten for me for paintball was a Z-Board for the Zeggy (as in, it already had one) I sold the week before. :dodgy:

your parents gave you a Z board :eek:

Man all mine ever gave me was life, guess they figured that was good enough :dodgy:

DFSniper
04-23-2009, 06:44 PM
i paid for my first gun, $10 for a talon. parents bought me a BE eradicator kit from walmart, a 6+1 harness, 20oz and remote. everything else ive bought with my money.

AXe Hound
04-23-2009, 07:10 PM

Get a job, earn some scrilla, spend the scrilla wisely on good stuff. Don't drop money on your Spyder when you can save up for something niiiiiiiice. The Spyder you have is an excellent platform to do that from.

dont get me wrong i work construction i can afford the best of the best on a half pay cheque including egos,boblongs,angels,proto,dye,any thing you can think of i can afford it but i chose not to buy any super hi end guns just because i have no need for one

buffblackbird2002
04-23-2009, 07:19 PM
its a ford vs. chevy vs. dodge vs. the world type of thing. never ending

AXe Hound
04-23-2009, 07:33 PM
its a ford vs. chevy vs. dodge vs. the world type of thing. never ending

i dont have a problem with hi end guns there the best and i now they will out perform my spyder its the fact that the pros have to flame you for owning a spyder and saying they are garbage gun witch is not true.and when i or some one says i like my spyder we are not saying it will blow your ego out of the water i am just saying i like spyder.then even more people start to bash you witch really makes me mad.

slim and shady
04-23-2009, 07:41 PM
That kind of thing will never change just the way it is, internet, advertising tournament seen all hyped it up that way. Im not sure if it wil ever change, one thing that I see is most of what they are refuring to as good is a fad. It isnt very long before the fad changes and then the marker they said was great is now garbage too. Its not only spyders, its more attitude then anything, and a lack of respect for one another.

AXe Hound
04-23-2009, 07:47 PM
That kind of thing will never change just the way it is, internet, advertising tournament seen all hyped it up that way. Im not sure if it wil ever change, one thing that I see is most of what they are refuring to as good is a fad. It isnt very long before the fad changes and then the marker they said was great is now garbage too. Its not only spyders, its more attitude then anything, and a lack of respect for one another.

i agree with you on that and they will kill the sport if this does not stop the young players are the life blood of this sport and if the vets keep flaming and bashing on theme they will never want to play ever again.

bigred76
04-23-2009, 08:38 PM
I can tell you right now I'm an OG, and I will not stop picking on Spyders. For the price (used) it'll get you into paintball, but to really do well, you either need to upgrade it or get another marker. That's plain, simple, and a widely known fact. Even if that sole upgrade's a barrel, it's still an upgrade that it needs. You pull a marker like an Ego/Cyborg/Timmy right out of the box and go play with an extremely good marker. It's just how it is. I'm not saying you have to go out and get one, I'm just saying that's what their main issue is. I do not, however, feel that a person should get a marker like that for their first gun. It's just stupid to expect them to take care of it right when they know nothing.

I will be the first to help a new player fix a gun, but if it's a person that has been playing a few times and just doesn't know **** about their gun, you can go look up the manual and not bug me. I don't have the time of day for wastes of space. The same goes for any player out there with any gun. This doesn't mean that with a gun that they can't figure out the issue but have been doing everything right, it's for the ones that don't know what an ASA or a V/A is.

Paintball Freak
04-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Ha, your question shouldn't be, "have any of you dealt with these spyder haters". It should be, "is there anyone on here or anywhere who Hasn't dealt with these spyder haters"... lol

Tell them that your spyder is more accurate and shoots faster than their ****s

Modded-Like-Hell
04-25-2009, 12:21 PM
first gun i got was a spyder esprit with bottomline kit.( gun, mask, hopper and 12 oz bottle)...worked good stock.... and even better as an LP by dropping $150 in parts on it.... then it got stolen.

yes! i got crap from everybody... who cares.... people werent laughing when i owned a 3 man team repping ions when they first came out

save some dough and get something nice like the Bigred machine said.

S/T
04-25-2009, 01:02 PM
ehh.
I dont really know what to tell ya. I would just play have fun and let it roll off your back, and make sure you rub it in when you do take them out. I have been playing since 88" and man it never stops. If you dont have the highest tech gun out there their are some people that never give it a rest. I think its all got to do with the Thomas Taylor/ Nicky Cuba/Oliver Lang wanna be's. I play with what ever I feel like have turned down Dye in the past and others for sponsorships, because I wont conform to what they want me and my team to wear or shoot. Point is it all boils down to them thinking if you dont spend a grand at least on a marker then you dont have game. And pretty much they are compensating for well envy if you catch my drift.

slim and shady
04-25-2009, 02:14 PM
if you are happy with your spyder that is all that matters.

oldironmudder
04-25-2009, 02:20 PM
300 FPS is 300 FPS, period. No matter what it comes out of.

When folks got to ragging on me when I used a Spyder, I just didnt listen to them. Its like in school, someone talks trash about you, your family or what ever, if you cut them off their jokes will get old & stop.

Sandman_Bravo
04-25-2009, 05:54 PM
"SOASH"

...Spyder Owners Against Spyder Haters

pntballer5634
04-25-2009, 06:03 PM
honestly, no matter what you do, you either buy a gun and have to upgrade it and wind up paying a lot, or you pay a lot for a gun that comes ready out of the box and doesn't need to be upgraded

RSX99
04-25-2009, 08:03 PM
The one thing I find particularly ironic is that these "high end" manufacturers wouldn't be without Spyder and Tippmann.

irishwarrior
04-25-2009, 08:14 PM
The one thing I find particularly ironic is that these "high end" manufacturers wouldn't be without Spyder and Tippmann.

Please explain.

DFSniper
04-26-2009, 01:58 AM
nelson -> spyder -> timmy -> ego

see?

RSX99
04-26-2009, 02:41 AM
Meh, can't believe I didn't list Nelson...

Oh yeah, what he said.

DFSniper
04-26-2009, 12:49 PM
just about the ONLY innovative high-ends are Angels and some spoolies.

SideSwipe226
04-27-2009, 11:23 AM
reading this got me thinking about what happened to me about a month ago. i was playing with my dm7, i was just one balling people to try and save on paint. i was at the waiting area, and this kid with a spyder electra, the one with the rocking trigger started bashing on me. he said he could go 30 bps and that he would wreck me. what exactly am i suppose to think about this?

DFSniper
04-27-2009, 11:29 AM
tell him to stop being cocky and prove it.

apparently he can talk the talk...

bigred76
04-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Tell him that at 30bps his Electra would shake and rattle to pieces.

SideSwipe226
04-27-2009, 12:35 PM
he seemed like a newer player, so i didnt want to...do anything.

ferret15
04-27-2009, 12:38 PM
the new electra can do 20 easy, haven't seen any video's of 30bps from anyone though

bigred76
04-27-2009, 12:50 PM
And? LOL. It doesn't matter what would actually happen, you just destroyed the nublet's train of thought.

DFSniper
04-27-2009, 04:58 PM
lol. tell him that no gun can shoot 30bps due to risk of asplosion from sheer awesomeness. :dodgy:

TheRedBarron
04-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Remove the sear on a spyder and you will see the fastest paintball marker/loudest blender known to man.

With that being said. Dont do it.

Im not going to get too into this discussion, but to those who said without spyder high end markers wouldnt exist... Without Brass Eagle, Spyder wouldnt exist.

bigred76
04-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Nor Angel.

RSX99
04-28-2009, 04:09 AM
If people think Spyders are of trivial quality, enter Brass Eagle...

My buddy's first marker was a Raptor I believe and he ended up shooting his bolt out of the barrel. Due to lack of maintenance? Maybe, couldn't tell you for sure since it was his gun.

DFSniper
04-28-2009, 04:51 AM
ive seen a trix shoot the bolt out the barrel...

bigred76
04-28-2009, 10:15 AM
There was a Closer (I believe, but it was a Marq series) that had it's bolt snap off the shaft and stick in the barrel just last week or the week before.

DFSniper
04-28-2009, 10:20 AM
this one?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/100_2278.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/100_2279.jpg

there were more pics, but those were the only ones i saved.

bigred76
04-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Yeah, that one. :)

kramernator
04-28-2009, 01:24 PM
wow, thats a bummer

xsvly-fat
04-28-2009, 07:57 PM
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm276/xsvly-fat/PSP09PHXSplat_031.jpg

Lol, I had to.

bigred76
04-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Well..... that's what you get for not turning the bolt in and locking it properly ;)

AXe Hound
04-28-2009, 08:32 PM
this one?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/100_2278.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/100_2279.jpg

there were more pics, but those were the only ones i saved.

LOL that's sucks and i'm sure the barrel is trash after that :D

AXe Hound
04-28-2009, 08:45 PM
reading this got me thinking about what happened to me about a month ago. i was playing with my dm7, i was just one balling people to try and save on paint. i was at the waiting area, and this kid with a spyder electra, the one with the rocking trigger started bashing on me. he said he could go 30 bps and that he would wreck me. what exactly am i suppose to think about this?

see that one thing i would never do just for the simple fact it's rude and i also know his gun is in fact better than mine.so i have no right to say something like that just out of respect.that's also one thing i would like to see from all the people that bash spyders (respect to the fellow paintballer) no matter what gun and gear they use,is it to much to ask.

xsvly-fat
04-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Well..... that's what you get for not turning the bolt in and locking it properly ;)

Yeah I know haha. It's just a funny picture that fits the thread. You'd think you would be a bit more careful. Do you think it would have screwed up the bolt or gun?

bigred76
04-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Honestly, no, I don't think that it wiggling out and firing back would have any severe side effect on the marker's firing ability. MacDev's are so well made that a simple thing like that just means that you need to put the part back in. The biggest issue I could foresee would be that the bolt's small delrin bit that connects to the hammer could be sheered off and paint would be rolling right through due to a nice force fed hopper. Simple fixes.

AxeHound: Yes, it is. You must realize, the people with Spyders normally are the ones just getting into the game, and don't know what a DM7 is actually capable of. They also don't realize the limitations of their own marker, or are too foolhardy to admit them. I have a motto... you leave me be, I leave you be. You mess with me, I'll **** your ass up. ("you" being a generalization for an idiot/nube)

Ibuildmyguns
06-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I just try and buy the cheapest parts I can find, slap them together and go have a good time(and hope the gun works lol). While your equipment plays a strong roll in how good a player you are. If you dont know which direction to hold the gun or are flat footed as a duck, then it is useless.