PDA

View Full Version : shots/tank wit hpa??

kramernator
04-22-2009, 02:12 PM
as you may know i have never used hpa and therefore don't know much about it. my question is: how many shots can i get out of..say a 68-4500 tank. i know this can change from gun to gun..but lets say its on an average gun (epiphany, eos, new slg, etek ) with stock everything. about how many shots can i expect before in need a refill?

Nintendo
04-22-2009, 02:16 PM
around 1200 but it really depends a lot on the gun

kramernator
04-22-2009, 02:36 PM
ok, thats kinda what i thought, thanks..

now i was lookin at these tanks (http://www.actionvillage.com/AVI-Paintball/paintball-gas-systems-nitrogen-systems-pure-energy-nitrogen-systems)

i was wondering why the "ultra" tanks cost more, even though they appear to be physically smaller?
and what does it mean when the tank is "fixed" does that mean that the output pressure cannot be changed at all?
btw, is pure energy a good brand? otherwise what kind should i get??

thanks a lot!

kramernator
04-22-2009, 02:39 PM
wait, those black "ultra" tanks are made of steal instead of the carbon wrap...so is that why they are cheaper??

Nintendo
04-22-2009, 03:42 PM
pure energy is a good brand but i've had problems with my pure energy tank
i would recommend a crossfire tank

as far as fixed output, your right on saying you cant change it, the high pressure tanks have an output at 850psi and low pressure tanks have an output of 450psi

and for the "ultra" tanks idk what there made out of or anything so i really cant help you there. and if you need anything cleared up just ask

bigred76
04-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Those "ultra" tanks have an additional few layers of black epoxy on top to protect the actual carbon fiber/epoxy weave. It's the best solution if you intend to keep a tank for a long time and keep rehydro'ing it.

Fixed regulators have a set output. It is possible with PureEnergy, Ninja Paintball (Ninja includes everything stock, best choice for this) and Crossfire tanks to purchase new internals and swap between high, mid, and low pressure outputs. Those three brands are currently the ones I own, and love. If you choose another brand, make sure it isn't the Myth. They ping, have piston stick, and are just generally horrible regulators.

pballer113
04-27-2009, 07:10 AM
yea pure energy is a good brand but to start out id recommend a steel tank because of the price its cheap and just good