PDA

View Full Version : spyder RT

Celtic
04-18-2009, 08:06 AM
http://www.zephyrpaintball.com/product/PB-KING-RTBLK/Kingman_09_Spyder_RT_Paintball_Gun__Black.html

This caught my eye while looking up paintball gear. It looks like a regular spyder with the rockin E trigger on it for a small price. I dont know what do you guys think about it. It limited time only.

DFSniper
04-18-2009, 09:45 AM
yep, been posted a few times already.

Celtic
04-22-2009, 11:50 AM
o srry i was just wondering if anyone has used this gun and if so, how is it?

DFSniper
04-22-2009, 01:49 PM
its a sonix w/ a rocking trigger. the trigger itself is debatable, some like it, some dont.

Celtic
05-16-2009, 12:29 PM
Ok i got the spyder rt and for $95 its was worth every penny. I highly recommend it. It comes with battery and charger and anti chop bolt. Worst part about it is the feed neck which can be replaced for $30. ill be happy to answer any questions regarding the spyder RT.

Mazza
05-16-2009, 07:25 PM
How is the ACS bolt? Is it possible to buy it separately for the other 07+ models from kingman? I've been looking for one for my sonix for a while now. I know Alamo City sells some for all the spyders but its kinda pricey over there.

ferret15
05-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Ok i got the spyder rt and for $95 its was worth every penny. I highly recommend it. It comes with battery and charger and anti chop bolt. Worst part about it is the feed neck which can be replaced for $30. ill be happy to answer any questions regarding the spyder RT.

i'm going to dissagree, VS2 is way better and i can get one of those for less than 95. If the spyder doesn't have eyes and isn't LP you should stay away from it unless you can get it for 30 bucks.

I just picked up a 08 electra, VS tadao board + M7 chip battery and charger for 120. I've sold the board and chip for 60 before, so i pretty much just got a 08 electra for 60 bucks. I was planning on paying full price for one of these in the future too. Seriously guys save you money 100 more bucks and you could have had the 09 electra and been set with no need to buy any upgrades.

buffblackbird2002
05-16-2009, 09:02 PM
it looks cool. how come if its a 09 product, why is it not on the web site?

ferret15
05-16-2009, 09:11 PM
because it was thrown together and not worthy compared to the rest of there products.

Celtic
05-17-2009, 11:31 AM
How is the ACS bolt? Is it possible to buy it separately for the other 07+ models from kingman? I've been looking for one for my sonix for a while now. I know Alamo City sells some for all the spyders but its kinda pricey over there.yes i think you can buy it seperatly its a top cocking delrin acs bolt. And once you break the spring in its fabulous

i'm going to dissagree, VS2 is way better and i can get one of those for less than 95. If the spyder doesn't have eyes and isn't LP you should stay away from it unless you can get it for 30 bucks.

I just picked up a 08 electra, VS tadao board + M7 chip battery and charger for 120. I've sold the board and chip for 60 before, so i pretty much just got a 08 electra for 60 bucks. I was planning on paying full price for one of these in the future too. Seriously guys save you money 100 more bucks and you could have had the 09 electra and been set with no need to buy any upgrades.You cant buy a vs2 new for $95 with a 1 year warranty and a battery and charger. Im not gonna sit here and argue all i can say is agree to disagree.

because it was thrown together and not worthy compared to the rest of there products.It wasn't thrown together it was put together by professionals using a sonix and rocking trigger, which gives me assurance it works.

DFSniper
05-17-2009, 11:59 AM
You cant buy a vs2 new for $95 with a 1 year warranty and a battery and charger. Im not gonna sit here and argue all i can say is agree to disagree.

they were selling for $90 new before they got discontinued.

ferret15
05-17-2009, 04:21 PM
yes i think you can buy it separately its a top cocking delrin acs bolt. And once you break the spring in its fabulous

You cant buy a vs2 new for $95 with a 1 year warranty and a battery and charger. Im not gonna sit here and argue all i can say is agree to disagree.

It wasn't thrown together it was put together by professionals using a sonix and rocking trigger, which gives me assurance it works.
I will agree to disagree with you but as DF just mentioned,
you missed out on the 90 dollars 1 year warranty and battery and charger deal for the VS2 just a bit ago. To bad Kingman is stiffing everybody on the battery and chargers lately:mad:

But I laugh if you are saying a warranty is really a plus, most people never have an issue and in the case that the electronics went bad from the get go is the only issue that can't be fixed for less than the shipping you have to pay to get it to them. At that point i would pick up an used board for 5-10 bucks and fix it myself.

As far as if this gun was thrown together it looks like it was made from kingman's official part box.

The ACS bolt- died with the pilot acs and mr2 acs, and i hoped i never had to see it again with what seemed to be a trend of putting eyes on all e-framed guns, VS1/2/3, MR2 w/e, Pilot08, Electra 08=]

The rocking trigger- had a good run and gave people the illusion they can actually shoot 30bps (go ahead make a vid of you shooting, it wont happen), couple different versions that fit the tube frame with and with out eyes, and on the VS3. In case you didn't noticed the VS2 was preferred and in time many VS3's were modified and fit with VS1 and VS2 frames. I was hopping this would die too.

Internals- The thing that has impressed me most is the new "SE" valve, basically its a high flow valve that will run at a High pressure(in the case of the pilot) and Low pressure (in the case of the electra). Now if you can stick a reg on your spyder RT and get an immediate Operating pressure of 300-350 psi your in good shape, other wise you have the HP internals of the older spyder and only go to prove my point further of a "part-box" gun.

Lack of eyes- It looks like they had extra sonix bodies and just got them annoed a different color and put the word RT to make it sound cooler.:cool: Kinda like the RS and RSX bodies but atleast those were an improved version of the VS series.

TheDarkShadow
05-17-2009, 06:29 PM
ok, $90, it's a good deal, look at what the regular sonix was selling for, i believe it was $80 so for $10 more you get an ACS bolt and rocking trigger, I think it's worth the $10

ferret15
05-17-2009, 06:41 PM
ok, $90, it's a good deal, look at what the regular sonix was selling for, i believe it was $80 so for $10 more you get an ACS bolt and rocking trigger, I think it's worth the $10

now thats a good justification i can't argue with.

Celtic
05-18-2009, 03:54 PM
I will agree to disagree with you but as DF just mentioned,
you missed out on the 90 dollars 1 year warranty and battery and charger deal for the VS2 just a bit ago. To bad Kingman is stiffing everybody on the battery and chargers lately:mad:

But I laugh if you are saying a warranty is really a plus, most people never have an issue and in the case that the electronics went bad from the get go is the only issue that can't be fixed for less than the shipping you have to pay to get it to them. At that point i would pick up an used board for 5-10 bucks and fix it myself.

As far as if this gun was thrown together it looks like it was made from kingman's official part box.

The ACS bolt- died with the pilot acs and mr2 acs, and i hoped i never had to see it again with what seemed to be a trend of putting eyes on all e-framed guns, VS1/2/3, MR2 w/e, Pilot08, Electra 08=]

The rocking trigger- had a good run and gave people the illusion they can actually shoot 30bps (go ahead make a vid of you shooting, it wont happen), couple different versions that fit the tube frame with and with out eyes, and on the VS3. In case you didn't noticed the VS2 was preferred and in time many VS3's were modified and fit with VS1 and VS2 frames. I was hopping this would die too.

Internals- The thing that has impressed me most is the new "SE" valve, basically its a high flow valve that will run at a High pressure(in the case of the pilot) and Low pressure (in the case of the electra). Now if you can stick a reg on your spyder RT and get an immediate Operating pressure of 300-350 psi your in good shape, other wise you have the HP internals of the older spyder and only go to prove my point further of a "part-box" gun.

Lack of eyes- It looks like they had extra sonix bodies and just got them annoed a different color and put the word RT to make it sound cooler.:cool: Kinda like the RS and RSX bodies but atleast those were an improved version of the VS series.

i like having the warranty even if there's only a .01% chance of something to go wrong with the gun, and as for the vs2 for $90 , i would have definatly bought that had that deal still been around however this was the biggest bang for my buck i could find.

So i plan on upgrading things with this gun. Obviously the barrel and feed neck but besides that any suggestions?

ferret15
05-18-2009, 04:37 PM
i like having the warranty even if there's only a .01% chance of something to go wrong with the gun, and as for the vs2 for $90 , i would have definatly bought that had that deal still been around however this was the biggest bang for my buck i could find.

So i plan on upgrading things with this gun. Obviously the barrel and feed neck but besides that any suggestions?

if we can see your valve pin and spring
if you have the "SE" internals which may be the case seeing at the pilot does
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg81/thefightingferret15/Paintball/100_06721.jpg

then get a CO2 friendly reg

Celtic
05-18-2009, 06:24 PM
well i dont use co2 so is that necessary? sorry if i sound stupid im pretty new to paintball.

ferret15
05-18-2009, 06:26 PM
well i dont use co2 so is that necessary? sorry if i sound stupid im pretty new to paintball.

i guess not.

Celtic
05-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Is there any way i could install eyes into this gun?

TheDarkShadow
05-18-2009, 06:51 PM
drill for eyes, then get a board that uses eyes

ferret15
05-18-2009, 07:00 PM
see now its a bad deal that you bought the rt, by the time you install eye and the hardware along with it your going to tag atleast another 50 bucks if your good eye covers, board, eyes can cost you that used and only goes up from there. add a 20 dollar feedneck, and then you think about making it lp add into the cost a new reg and maybe more, the acs bolt is useless after you install eyes might as well spend anther 20 on a solid bolt with o-ring for another 20.

so thats over 100 bucks in upgrades.

you sir should have just bought the electra brand new and bought a battery and charger separately.

bigred76
05-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Play nice.....

ferret15
05-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Play nice.....

hey i didn't name call or swear in my last point, i fell thats pretty nice.

bigred76
05-18-2009, 08:28 PM
No, it was not. Relax.

buffblackbird2002
05-19-2009, 01:59 AM
I say let the man buy what he wants and let him make it his personal marker. I have an old school TL Plus and love it to death, but my cousin makes fun of it because its old and heavy, but its mine and i made it mine in my way. Celtic, make it your own and have fun doing it. That's what this sport is all about. I like the marker, good luck with your mods.

Celtic
05-19-2009, 10:12 AM
its my first paintball gun being i just got rid of all my airsoft gear because no one plays it, so i did research and thought this was a good gun starter gun. i plan on buying a 14 inch barrel and a feed neck soon , and as for the eyes i was just asking. So are eyes really good or just something extra to have? and how does a acs bolt compare? Thanks for all your help guys

slim and shady
05-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Eyes are the way to go, there is no compairison to an ACS bolt once you have eyes you wont shoot anything without! I put eyes into my MR2 (ACS version) and love it its simple to do and not that complicated you can grab a used stock boards fairly cheep. Deffinatly agree with Red and Buff make it your marker. If you want to go this route by all means besides half the fun is doing it yourself and not just buying another marker. You will learn alot more about it in the prosses to!

Celtic
05-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Ok cool so that will be something im going to look into doing in the future.

LiquidSteel
05-20-2009, 11:01 AM
im still new here as well. i read all everyone has to offer to help me in my "choices" but there comes a time when you just got to go for broke and build with what you have. i personnaly built a gun from parts pieces and "crp" i got from local pawn shop. i learned alot and enjoyed doin it. as for eyes lol i dont have a clue but after reading abouyt them id love to try them on my pilot acs. heck i dont even use a acs bolt in mine and still no breaks maybe im not hard enuff lol. go for broke make what you want with what you can get. :butwiggle:

Sgtcervantez
07-30-2009, 08:03 AM
I have not been on here long but have been around paintball awhile. I just recently bought the RT because it was a cheap good gun. Once you learn to walk it well, the RT sprays paint! It shoots really well but tends to freeze up when shot on auto or when you walk the trigger for a while. I've fixed the problem with taking some of my old stuff off my other guns applying it to the RT. I've added a volumizer, boblong reg, dye boomstick, new feed neck, halo b hopper ( which has also been upgraded). The thing shoot sick now and have people all around me wanting one. Beware the trigger. Its something else to learn how to walk.

buffblackbird2002
07-30-2009, 03:08 PM
I think pics are due of your creation

Sgtcervantez
07-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Ok will do tomorrow. It still needs some cleaning up. I have to mess with the air line to get it exactly where I want it and its beat up from all the use but, I've used it every weekend for atleast four hours at a time since Ive had it so its not ganna be pretty. Looks like Frankinstien!

Sgtcervantez
08-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Ok heres my RT. The parts are old school but its function is what counts. I still need to clean it up but who cares, its mine right!

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh56/sgtcervantez/301_0833.jpg

And heres my brothers that I'm almost finished with.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh56/sgtcervantez/301_0824.jpg

bigred76
08-01-2009, 02:18 AM
BOOMY! Good taste! :D

I must ask, what kind of LPC's are those? They tickle my memory, but I can't put my finger on who made them.

Sgtcervantez
08-01-2009, 02:42 PM
BOOMY! Good taste! :D

I must ask, what kind of LPC's are those? They tickle my memory, but I can't put my finger on who made them.

Yeah I love it. My gun sounds so quiet with it:D . My brothers RT sounds like a canon compared to mine.

PMI my friend.;)

DFSniper
08-01-2009, 03:13 PM
awesome guns.

Sgtcervantez
08-01-2009, 03:57 PM
awesome guns.

Thanks man! Its not going to stop there. Still trying to figure some things out but I'll post them when I get them done.;)

Oh yeah, just got the new feed neck for my brother's gun too. Going on right after I post this. Its just like mine.

wbarber69
08-05-2009, 01:06 PM
F'in fantastic I was just about to start doing some similar mods to my rt and its nice to see that there are others out there that actually have one and are setting theirs up to be a decently competitive marker I'll post pics of mine as well when I'm done wit it

Sgtcervantez
08-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Yeah man post some pics up!

buffblackbird2002
08-05-2009, 01:36 PM
lookin good, keep on truckin.

wbarber69
08-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Here are the first shots of my RT mod. More to come, a full review and more pics. Just keep checking over at RelentlessRejects.com.

http://www.pyrotechnix.dk/rtmod.jpg
(http://relentlessrejects.com/)

Sgtcervantez
08-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Niiiiiiiiice!

DFSniper
08-27-2009, 12:34 PM
not bad. any internal mods?

wbarber69
08-27-2009, 06:48 PM
i changed the springs out, so far im still working on it, mostly tuning right now, hopefully I'll be done soon. It has been a blast though, I never knew this thing could turn out looking so good, even though it is getting kinda heavy its becoming a very stable and accurate marker. I can't wait to get it onto the field.

I'd love some suggestions for some more upgrades that might make the rt really pop.

Sgtcervantez
08-31-2009, 06:55 AM
You know I did notice my gun put on a lot of weight. I'm looking to put it on a diet. Still mapping things out. Suggestions could help if anyone's got any.

wbarber69
08-31-2009, 09:03 AM
Well the halo hoppers have never been that light either and that's one thing that's weighing me down I counter that be using a sling I made in a pinch one night before a big game I have a write up on that too on my site http://RelentlessRejects.com

DFSniper
08-31-2009, 09:10 AM
added weight is one of the effects of upgrading a gun. the only thing you can really change would be to get a lighter on/off (the bob long gear drive is pretty light) and get a lighter striker and bolt. plus you can always cut/shave off part of the body

viper46
10-03-2009, 11:29 AM
i got one of thses, running on hpa but cannot get over around 250fps
any ideas.
have emailed tech support, but no reply

ferret15
10-03-2009, 02:10 PM
buy a bolt from alamo city paintball. 2 or 3 orings will do .