PDA

View Full Version : spoonie in the boonies

spoonie
04-17-2009, 06:03 AM
I am new to paintballing. bought an MR2 W/EYE and lots of stuff that I learned about by reading here. I just saw an ebay ad for a PROPANE powered marker. Offered 4x more shots per tank. Is this true? If so why not more prevelant? What mods do I need to make it work for me? It is starting to warm up here in North Dakota so I'll be able to start playing soon and 4,000 shots per tank sounds really good.

Spoonie
MR2 W/eye
Smartparts 20" bbl
Timmy detents
ACP 2ring bolt
Tasco 30mm red dot scope
1" offset scope rail shooting recon paint

kramernator
04-17-2009, 06:24 AM
well, the only propane gun i know of is the tippmann c-3.
and as far as i know you cannot use propane on any spyder (or any gun except the c3)...unless you do some extreme custom moding. so i think using propane is out of the question for you... i think.

if you want lots of shots per tank use c02. i think the average number of shots for a 20oz is like 1,200. plus the tanks are cheap.

thats about all i know...

spoonie
04-17-2009, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the info and fast reply(wow that was fast). I think I've spent enough money for now (my wife is calling this my mid life crisis and has been ok with the spending so far but I don't think I should push it too far).
I'm very impressed with this forum so far; good people, gerat info and not too many smart***es. Very glad I joined...

Paintball Freak
04-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the info and fast reply(wow that was fast). I think I've spent enough money for now (my wife is calling this my mid life crisis and has been ok with the spending so far but I don't think I should push it too far).
I'm very impressed with this forum so far; good people, gerat info and not too many smart***es. Very glad I joined...

Glad you like it here, I first came here because I love Spyder, and thats a sin on PBN, lol JK

But whenever you say anything about a Spyder, somebody would tell you that they'll kick your *** with an ION, lol

slim and shady
04-17-2009, 03:19 PM
the only propain marker as stated already is the tippy C3 pump. And it sucks at that and is problem prone. I looked into it a wial back. propain is dangerous to use and alot of feilds dont alow them. welcome to the forums and since you have the MR2 check out the links in my sig may help you out.

TheDarkShadow
04-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Ace knew some one that had one and said it would get hot after a while (that's how you spell it slim ;) )

slim and shady
04-18-2009, 08:25 PM
^your gonna have a full time job correcting all my spelling mistakes ;)

I read on one forum or the next today they have alot of issues, probably why they never caught on. the seller is practicaly giving them away because he cant seem to keep any of them working. Has 3 I think.

timbertiger20
04-18-2009, 09:27 PM
They aren't dangerous at all..............alot of nail guns out there you flammable gas and there hasn't been any issue. But it is the worst pump action I've tried by far. You might as well buy a phantom and cover the cocking rod with tree sap!

kramernator
04-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Ace knew some one that had one and said it would get hot after a while (that's how you spell it slim ;) )

speaking of ace, where is he?? he hasn't been on in a long time

TheDarkShadow
04-19-2009, 07:10 PM
he was on a couple weeks ago I believe, he had a thread...

bigred76
04-19-2009, 07:18 PM
It's also propane, not propain. ;)

Coming from the second biggest ******* on this forum (Druid being the biggest), welcome to the forums! Just follow the rules and enjoy yourself. :)

Kunithrayin
04-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Propane powered gun.. now that gives me ideas lol. I don't think many fields would allow said ideas though :(