PDA

View Full Version : First gun?

Celtic
04-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Hey im completely new to paintball and im looking for some suggestions on what i should buy. Ive been checking out The mr1 and E mr1. Any suggestions on what i should buy would be great. THANKS :)

xsvly-fat
04-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Either one would be a good gun to get you started. If you want to get an electric gun I would suggest getting the new Pilot but if you just want to get a mechanical gun then the MR1 would be good.

slim and shady
04-15-2009, 08:09 PM
I would get the MR1 its the marker I recomend to anyone just getting started. Why because it works everytime. easy to clean ect. for your first marker I would stick to a mech for a first marker, just more simple until you get the hang of things.

Celtic
04-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Ok thanks for your impute guys, Im gonna be picking the mr1 up pretty soon.

I have one question though, if i were to buy a apex tip or barrel, would it fit this gun? and should i just go with compressed air right off the bat, or start off with co2? thanks

irishwarrior
04-15-2009, 08:48 PM
The Apex would fit as long as the barrel is Spyder threaded.

ooglieboogliebob
04-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Compressed air if you have money, otherwise CO2.

You'll probably want to invest in a better barrel (probably not apex) and an electronic hopper.

slim and shady
04-15-2009, 09:59 PM
I love the apex and say go for it, Grab HPA and you will be doing great. If you have a little extra cash get a locking feedneck

sneekypete
04-16-2009, 08:10 AM
If you have the money definatly go with HPA. I also use the Apex tip on alot of my barrels and really like it. If you are going to get an electic hopper don't do what I did and just buy one. Have a plan on how and what you want. I went through 3 electric ones untill I got my Q-loader. 2 are now used to load the Q-pods(1 for me and 1 for Slim) and one is my loaner. Just trying to save you some money. Clamping feed neck is a great idea as well.

Celtic
04-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Ok thanks im gonna do that. I got another question though. Could i just buy the appex tip and put it on my barrel that comes with the mr1?

Thanks a lot guys your input is priceless :D

slim and shady
04-16-2009, 08:12 PM
no you cant just buy a tip, unless you can get one off a BST.

and 2 it wouldnt fit on the stock barrel unless you either milled, dremeled or somehow turned the tip down a little bit.(diameter wise)

sneekypete
04-17-2009, 07:33 AM
no you cant just buy a tip

I don't often contradict you Slim but yes you can get just the Apex tip. ;) Go to FLASC (http://www.flascpaintball.com/servlet/the-BT-Paintball-cln-BT-Upgrades/Categories) and it is not a bad price. Just be aware that FLASC is Canadian.
Hope that Helps

pballer113
04-17-2009, 12:28 PM
:yeahthat:
yea im with them get the MR1 mines never chopped a ball, its great for a beginner

slim and shady
04-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Sweet I didnt think you could get the tip! hmmm maby I should get about 5 more so I dont ever have to switch with my veriaty of barrels!

meric
04-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Hey im completely new to paintball and im looking for some suggestions on what i should buy. Ive been checking out The mr1 and E mr1. Any suggestions on what i should buy would be great. THANKS :)

Whatever you do, don't get the E-MR1. It's pointless because while it's electronic and you have to deal with that baggage, it still won't shoot burst or full-auto without chopping.

Celtic
04-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Ok thanks alot guys im gonna be getting one of these pretty soon.:)

Jonathan James
04-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Celtic it depends on what you are playing woodsball or whatever but i have an mr1 and its pretty good for woodsball.