PDA

View Full Version : Blender!!! Help!

hudabom246
04-11-2009, 06:21 PM
So we had a scenario at our local field today. I took my mr2 with the following setup: Stock bolt (Broken in using the ACS guide here in the forums), timmy detents, core clamping feedneck, HPA...also no eyes on the gun. everything else is stock. it worked good for about 2 hours, but i had to recock it once in a while. and then we played a quick game of speedball. I fired 3 shots and it froze up. my whole team was eliminated within 30 seconds so it was me on 5 people (2 of which had DM8's). i decided i wasnt going to get lit up by 5 people so i called myself out real quick. I took it up to the test fire area and tried to shoot a couple of balls. The paint started oozing out of the holes in the end of the barrel, then paint covered balls started dropping out of the barrel. I gave up and had to rent a 98 custom (ew i know). I actually didnt do too bad with it though...HPA probably helped. anyway...what are your suggestions?? im getting kinda fed up with this gun. and i just ordered a new barrel and a remote for it so i just want it to work.

TheDarkShadow
04-11-2009, 06:26 PM
what kind of loader and paint?

hudabom246
04-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Halo B with fresh batteries.

PCS Premium-Not very good but it was shooting just fine in my back yard with same weather conditions and marker setup

bigred76
04-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Sounds like a ball got crushed/chopped. Just clean out the feedneck and hopper as well as strip the bolt out the back of the marker, wipe it down, and run a squeegee all the way down from the back of the top tube out the front of the barrel.

slim and shady
04-11-2009, 07:43 PM
1- Because you still had to recock your marker I would say your acs bolt still needs to be broke in a little more.
2-Check your detents you may have started to double feed and then you get a mess.
3-What detents are you using? Grab some timmys if you can.
4-if your not using HPA yet upgrade to that.

if at all you can get a machinest to drill it for eyes (I drilled my ACS version for eyes) and your problems are solved. however, I beleive you would have to upgrade to a board that has eyes.

TheDarkShadow
04-11-2009, 07:54 PM
a messy breech can lead to more chops and more problems

hudabom246
04-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Sounds like a ball got crushed/chopped. Just clean out the feedneck and hopper as well as strip the bolt out the back of the marker, wipe it down, and run a squeegee all the way down from the back of the top tube out the front of the barrel.

I did exactly that and it still chopped

Slim-
1. Ill break it in some more and see if it helps
2. I have timmy detents but could it still be double feeding?
3. See Above
4. Yes im using HPA and it was just filled. i unscrewed it a turn to see if it wasnt letting air in but that wasnt the problem.

How would i go about drilling for eyes? What exactly did you do? where did you run your wires?

slim and shady
04-12-2009, 09:11 AM
you basicaly drill a hole that runs through the very bottom of the breach, Its just up a tinny little bit. I just hallowed out the forgrip where the wires run so it wouldnt pinch them . the only thing is I never paid any attention to see if the stock board had a spot on there to plug eyes in. I doubt it though. I had the old stock board from my MR2 W/eye laying around so I just decided to use that

hudabom246
04-12-2009, 09:28 AM
would it just be easier to buy a new MR2 with eyes?

slim and shady
04-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Well yes and no for me it didnt take long at all to do if your handy with that sort of thing, I didnt have to buy anything ect so it was alot cheeper for you. Yes it probably would be alot less hassle and you wouldnt spend much more on the new marker then you would getting a board eyes detent covers a machinest to do the work if you couldnt ect.

So that may be a better bet for you here is a link to a few pics(there real crappy) ect that I took when I did mine. but try to break in your spring a little more you should be able to get that version running smothly to.

EDIT: forgot the link here you go

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=19110

hudabom246
04-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Ya i probably could do it but i dont wanna chance messing it up. wheres a cheap and reliable place to get a new MR2 with eyes?

EDIT: Looks like the cheapest one is $199.99. thats the price pretty much everywhere so i might just go with actionvillage...that is IF i cant fix my current gun!

slim and shady
04-12-2009, 06:57 PM
im pretty sure you will be able to, I bought my MR2 w/eye for 200 CDN. I thought that was pretty good seeign as how I payed 300 for the ACS version.

hudabom246
04-13-2009, 06:57 AM
cool thanks for all the help

slim and shady
04-13-2009, 03:35 PM
let us know how you make out.

hudabom246
04-14-2009, 12:54 PM
well...my dad offered to buy me the new one with eyes...i mean how can you say no to a free gun? he said sometime this week so im excited! ill tell you guys how it works when i get it!

slim and shady
04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
great! Wish somone would offer to buy me free stuff! Instead like a chump I gotta work for it! Im sure you will like the new marker goodluck and let us know what you think.

hudabom246
04-14-2009, 03:35 PM
ya i think hes just as tired of it not working as i am!

sneekypete
04-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Wish somone would offer to buy me free stuff

Don't We all :D

spoonie
04-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Your gonna want to put in a 2 ring bolt right away. Lots of blow by when shooting on full auto. I've also got new detents on the way as advised on this forum.

Spoonie
MR2 W/eye
20" smartparts bbl
ACP 2 ring delrin bolt
Timmy detents
Tasco 30mm red dot scope
Remote w/ 20 oz co2
Shootin "Recon" paint

hudabom246
04-14-2009, 05:33 PM
already got both! the timmy's seem to help alot as well.