PDA

View Full Version : I am DONE with spyder.

Drummie224
04-11-2009, 10:20 AM
I have had enough. Every day i went paintballing, i have had a problem with my electra 05. Recently, i had a board problem. i sent it in to spyder, and they fixed the board, tested it, and it "worked just fine". I went paintballing yesterday, and guess what? First of all, the battery didnt charge at all. It never charges. I'll leave the charger in for 4 hours, and there will be no chrage. so i have like half an hour of battery for 6 hours of play. Great, thanks spyder, that was "fixed". Second of all, i air up the gun, and go to chrono. I take a few shots, and the balls didnt even make it out of the barrel. I took aff the barrel, took a paintball, and dropped it right through.I talked to the guys at the field, and they said it was something to do with the pressure. Ive never had that problme before. I hadnt changed ANYTHING, since i got it back 4 days ago. I am done with this bull****. I called kingamn tech dept, and i had to explain things to them. They are asking me BS questions like "is the bolt upside-down?" Its not possible to have the bolt upside down! I could have more reliability with a god damn SLING SHOT! So im done. Im just done. Im sick, and tired of dealing with this bull****. Im not going to touch a spyder again. Thanks for ruining every single day of paintball for me kingman.

DFSniper
04-11-2009, 10:42 AM
its probably not a board problem, but it sounds like the battery is shot. and it sounds like your valve may be in backwards. and yes, the 05 electra has a acs bolt, which can be upside down if you put the quick strip pin in from the wrong side of the bolt (hole near the front should face the bottom)

Drummie224
04-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Ok, It was a board problem. They (kingman tech dpt,) replaced the board. The battery cant be shot, otherwise how could they test it? And, if the valve was in backwards, they would know because it would leak. (assuming they tested it)

Modded-Like-Hell
04-11-2009, 11:54 AM
maybe kingman put in the valve backwards? check that bolt maybe in upsidedown. check the pressure on the reg.

Drummie224
04-11-2009, 11:58 AM
i'll check the valve, but that would be a pretty stupid mistake if they did. Bolt is the right way, im posotive. How can i check the pressure on the "reg". Its an expansion chamber anyway. theres no gauge.

Modded-Like-Hell
04-11-2009, 12:11 PM
oh ok... its an 05 electra... did you mess with the velocity adjustment in the back? maybe theres not enough tention on the spring when the hammer hits the valve cup?

Hossy
04-11-2009, 01:39 PM
There are many errors in your posts (some have already been answered). it seems like you should have checked your gun over before you play, as most paintball players do.

First off, The bolt can be upside down. It is a common mistake that even the best of us make.

Secondly, Your supposed to charge the battery for like 14 hours I believe for a full charge. 4 hours is not 14.

Never having a problem with the pressure is a good thing, but you just had one. The valve could be put in wrong, you may have messed with the velocity adjuster and such. Also, if you stored the gun in too hot of a place or too cold of a place, or just not how a paintball gun should be stored anyways could be your problem. I had the problem once with my ACS bolt as well.

It is also a 05 Electra. It is 2009 if you have not checked your calendar lately. If you have used it only a few times and its been sitting around for some time, you should have definitely oiled it up before you played.

Modded-Like-Hell
04-11-2009, 02:12 PM
There are many errors in your posts (some have already been answered). it seems like you should have checked your gun over before you play, as most paintball players do.

First off, The bolt can be upside down. It is a common mistake that even the best of us make.

Secondly, Your supposed to charge the battery for like 14 hours I believe for a full charge. 4 hours is not 14.

Never having a problem with the pressure is a good thing, but you just had one. The valve could be put in wrong, you may have messed with the velocity adjuster and such. Also, if you stored the gun in too hot of a place or too cold of a place, or just not how a paintball gun should be stored anyways could be your problem. I had the problem once with my ACS bolt as well.

It is also a 05 Electra. It is 2009 if you have not checked your calendar lately. If you have used it only a few times and its been sitting around for some time, you should have definitely oiled it up before you played.

nicely put

Drummie224
04-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Ok, Guess what i did the night before i went to play? I took out the bolt, and lubed everything up. I put everything back the way it was supposed to be, i double checked it. I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that the bolt was fine. About the battery, I have the quick charge battery. In my manual it says that they battery should be charged for an hour and a half. After that time, the battery was still dead, so i left it in longer, still nothing. And yes, it is old-ish, but no i haven't played with it very much. My local field is an hour away, and hard to get to. So it has been "sitting around" for a while. But EVERY time before i play, the night before, i oil and lube EVERYTHING that needs to be oiled and lubed. I take care of my stuff because thats all i can afford right now.

DRAGON
04-11-2009, 02:53 PM
........About the battery, I have the quick charge battery. In my manual it says that they battery should be charged for an hour and a half. After that time, the battery was still dead, so i left it in longer, still nothing............

You say right there the battery's dead, you diagnosed your own problem. I'm proud of you - ;)

Funny thing is, you have a marker that's waaaaaay out of warranty and Kingman still took it in and didn't charge you a thing. If it worked fine for them, that doesn't mean that they had to use your dead battery to test it. Why should they replace a battery that you burnt? -

Drummie224
04-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Alright, i'll see to that battery. But what about the other problems? what about that fact that it didnt work 4 days after getting it back, and the only thing i touched was lubing the bolt? thats what bugs me.

Hossy
04-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Alright, i'll see to that battery. But what about the other problems? what about that fact that it didnt work 4 days after getting it back, and the only thing i touched was lubing the bolt? thats what bugs me.

I pretty sure you are not supposed to lube the bolt. Just oil the Oring on the striker. That could be problem number 1.

Second thing you said that you checked the marker and made sure everything is right. Were all humans. We all make mistakes, (well maybe not me ;) ) but can you accept the fact that you may have made an error?

slim and shady
04-11-2009, 03:51 PM
I can understand that your frustrated, but really you have the upper hand there are alot of people on here that have or have had that marker and probably experianced problem similer to yours. Talk with a few of them take there advice check and see. Im confident that there are alot of people here who will help you get your marker going quickly.

druid
04-11-2009, 03:56 PM

Batteries have a finite life span of approximatel 1000 charges. It's called "memory" and that's caused by gas bubbles building in the cells. Snce you've already admitted to infrequent play, storing a battery completely dead or even with a partial charge can ruin it. Unless you have a deep-cycler, your battery is likely shot and simply put...Kingman most likely used their own battery and not yours.

Replace the battery with another 9.6V, 180 to 220 mAh NiMh rechargable
battery.Charge it for 16 hours UNINTERUPTED. Radio shack has them or one of the stores in the link in my sig.

TheRedBarron
04-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Why are you acting like we are the ones giving you the run around, everyone here is legitimately trying to help you, and all of your replies have been either patronizing or sarcastic. Sounds to me like you are just looking for a reason to hate kingman, and taking it out on us for trying to help you solve your problem, rather than jumping in and agreeing with you with your "death to kingman" ideals. Sorry brojo but they are just being civil in trying to help you, if you dont want help fixing the problem and have given up on the kingman name then why make this thread?

Drummie224
04-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Im sorry about being over-angry about this whole thing. Everything else went wrong that day. First of all, my brand new Ninja air tank, my birthday present, blew a burst disk on the very first fill. I didn't think the day could get any worse. Then the gun problems. Then i missed the first game of the day trying to fix it. So all those problems just made me snap. I really do appreciate all the help, Its just that EVERYTHING went wrong that day. All my stuff broke, with the exception of my soft gear. So im just angry at paintball.

bigred76
04-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Here's what I'd do:

Email/call Ninja Paintball about a new burst disk. They should supply one given that it was on the first fill, and thus a flawed part. Not a big deal, it happens.

Get a new battery for your marker. ActionVillage (www.pbgear.com) stocks 9.6V batteries for fairly cheap. Heck, might as well pick up a set of 3 of them so you have one for the gun and 2 for your hopper.

Drummie224
04-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Oh, what i meant when i said lubed the bolt, i meant the striker O-ring.

druid
04-11-2009, 06:58 PM
It never charges. I'll leave the charger in for 4 hours, and there will be no chrage. so i have like half an hour of battery for 6 hours of play. .

Batteries have a finite life span of approximately 1000 charges. It's called "memory" and that's caused by gas bubbles building in the cells. Since you've already admitted to infrequent play, storing a battery completely dead or even with a partial charge can ruin it. Unless you have a deep-cycler, your battery is likely shot and simply put...Kingman most likely used their own battery and not yours.

Replace the battery with another 9.6V, 180 to 220 mAh NiMh rechargeable
battery.Charge it for 16 hours UNINTERUPTED. Radio shack has them or one of the stores in the link in my sig.

Second of all, i air up the gun, and go to chrono. I take a few shots, and the balls didnt even make it out of the barrel. I took aff the barrel, took a paintball, and dropped it right through.I talked to the guys at the field, and they said it was something to do with the pressure. Ive never had that problme before. .
Perhaps you screwed the tank TOO tight. You could actually block the pin valve port if you do. Next time, screw the bottle until tight and then unscrew it 1/4 turn. Air it up and try again.
Also something to consider is that if you recently switched to HPA, and it's acting up with the HPA (and not CO2) you might ave to remove the screen filter from the marker. Look at the parts diagram to see where that would be and get it out of there.

Oh, what i meant when i said lubed the bolt, i meant the striker O-ring.

The striker ORing requires oil......not lube (lube meaning a grease)...so if you are using grease, that could be the problem as well.

Also, make sure you have the RED ORing on the striker...not a black one and CERTAINLY not a clear one. Those are tank rings and are not the same. ORing. If you need one, get one from the spare parts kit or get a new kit from actionvillage.

How many times have you played in the 4 years of age the marker is? It really sounds to me like a lack of playing has started to take its toll on the marker. A complete overhaul of the ORings, springs, remove the CO2 filter and change out seals/cup seal is in order. Winter is the best time to make your fixes....that way you are up and running when you get the Spring-time "game on"

Drummie224
04-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Hey druid, are you a member on techpb? Theres a druid there too. Anyway, I've only owned the marker for about one and a half years. And what you said about HPA, when i went to the field before i owned a tank, i would rent hpa, because Hpa is better than co2 (in most cases). And yes i use gun oil, not lube. Sorry, im not making much sense today. And yes, it has a red O ring. I took every part out of the gun, and i couldnt find anything visually out of the ordinary. And by the way, i still cant figure out how its possible to put the bolt in upside down. The Pin, on the bottome of the bolt, That connects to the striker, doesnt allow the bolt to be put in upside down. Oh well.

Master Tech
04-21-2009, 04:04 PM
First of all if you're still using a brown or green Java battery more than likely it will no longer hold a charge. Remember people, rechargeable batteries have a shelf life. It loses it's ability to hold a charge after a certain amount of time even if it has never been used. Basically the chemicals that make up the battery becomes inert and will not hold a charge.

Second, which Electra do you have? I understand you say you have a 2005 Electra but at the end of 2004 is when the Electra with ACS bolt was released which was blue/black and the Electra with Eyes which was titanium grey was at the end of 2005 both of which were referred to as 2005s.

Have you tried contacting Kingman and finding who serviced your marker? Also, the name of who serviced your marker is sometimes noted on the packing list they send with your marker? Find out so you have a better idea of what went wrong or if there was an error on the technicians part.

They won't deny you service if you decide to have them work on the marker again. I would recommend sending it to their technician named John, he's been good at taking of any problem and I'm sure he'll be able to take care of you.

Were you even charged for the service? Granted that your marker is definitely out of warranty, I bet you weren't even charged for it or shipping cost back to you. You should really give them a chance to try and resolve this issue before you start bashing them all over the net...

druid
04-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Hey druid, are you a member on techpb? Theres a druid there too. Anyway, I've only owned the marker for about one and a half years. And what you said about HPA, when i went to the field before i owned a tank, i would rent hpa, because Hpa is better than co2 (in most cases). And yes i use gun oil, not lube. Sorry, im not making much sense today. And yes, it has a red O ring. I took every part out of the gun, and i couldnt find anything visually out of the ordinary. And by the way, i still cant figure out how its possible to put the bolt in upside down. The Pin, on the bottome of the bolt, That connects to the striker, doesnt allow the bolt to be put in upside down. Oh well.

Yep that's me.

Then it seems to me the battery is shot and requires a new one. Don't use an alkaline in it either because you'll only get about 200 shots out of it before it refuses to release the striker.

Get a new battery and charge it like I said. I'm willing to bet that's your issue.

First of all if you're still using a brown or green Java battery more than likely it will no longer hold a charge. Remember people, rechargeable batteries have a shelf life. It loses it's ability to hold a charge after a certain amount of time even if it has never been used. Basically the chemicals that make up the battery becomes inert and will not hold a charge.
We've told him that already. (sorry for this type/size font, people whine when I change it to another color)
Second, which Electra do you have? I understand you say you have a 2005 Electra but at the end of 2004 is when the Electra with ACS bolt was released which was blue/black and the Electra with Eyes which was titanium grey was at the end of 2005 both of which were referred to as 2005s.

Have you tried contacting Kingman and finding who serviced your marker? Also, the name of who serviced your marker is sometimes noted on the packing list they send with your marker? Find out so you have a better idea of what went wrong or if there was an error on the technicians part.
He had sent it to them and they got it working, sent it back to him and he can't get it to work...which is why he's posting here....but he said all ^^ this already.
They won't deny you service if you decide to have them work on the marker again. I would recommend sending it to their technician named John, he's been good at taking of any problem and I'm sure he'll be able to take care of you.

Were you even charged for the service? Granted that your marker is definitely out of warranty, I bet you weren't even charged for it or shipping cost back to you. You should really give them a chance to try and resolve this issue before you start bashing them all over the net...

He needs a new battery.