pntballer5634
04-10-2009, 11:31 AM
as if the title didnt say enough, whats the most accurate paintball gun setup

TheDarkShadow
04-10-2009, 02:09 PM
one with good consistency and a good paint to barrel match

irishwarrior
04-10-2009, 04:55 PM
:yeahthat: Look for a dual reg setup, HPA (or anti-siphoned CO2 with an expansion chamber or remote coil), and barrel kit.

colonel_moo
04-10-2009, 07:08 PM
In case you didn't catch it from their posts, no paintball gun is inherently more accurate than others. Accuracy comes from a variety of factors:

-The amount of air you let propel the paintball
-The pressure of said air (these first 2 constituting consistency)
-Good paint (no dimples, round, consistent size, etc)
-Good barrel

Now, there is still some debate regarding what constitutes a good barrel. Some say paint to (barrel) bore match is the key. Others say the quality of the internal finish (i.e honing) is most important. The only thing people seem to agree on is that barrel length doesn't matter, so don't go buying an 18 to 20 inch barrel.

Now with most of these things i've mentioned can be improved on just about any gun. A regulator will improve consistency very much. If you're using CO2, a anti-siphon will also help alot. As for the barrel, I strongly believe in the 'you get what you pay for' philosophy'. Thats not to say anything that is expensive will be good, thats just the general rule of thumb. If you buy a real cheap barrel, its not going to be great in most cases.

TheRedBarron
04-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Any marker that I am shooting is 100 times more accurate than any marker anyone else is shooting.

other than that... :yeathat:

DFSniper
04-10-2009, 07:19 PM
you forgot an "h" there, matt.

pumps are generally more accurate than semis.

Critical
04-10-2009, 07:28 PM
I beg to differ. I am no more or less accurate with my pump than with my semi. By that reasoning, taking an autococker, removing the pneumatics and putting on a pump instantly makes it more accurate?

XSiv Force
04-10-2009, 07:51 PM
PUMPS>SEMIS

Pumps:
Pros:
More accurate
Less Paint
Less air
Cons:
Less Paint
Less Speed

pntballer5634
04-10-2009, 07:56 PM
its funny how peeps argue over this stuff. but thank you

DFSniper
04-10-2009, 07:56 PM
I beg to differ. I am no more or less accurate with my pump than with my semi. By that reasoning, taking an autococker, removing the pneumatics and putting on a pump instantly makes it more accurate?

no, pumps are more accurate because they have more time between shots, so the air reserves have more time to fill up, so the velocity is more consistent.

but as to most accurate gun: stock shoebox shocker. my friend has/had one that shot a consistent 286, 286, 286 over the chrono!

XSiv Force
04-10-2009, 07:58 PM

I believe you are half right.....a semi cocker = a pump cocker

BUT and its a huge BUT

A PHANTOM =/= a Semi/ Pump Cocker

DFSniper
04-10-2009, 08:00 PM
By that reasoning, taking an autococker, removing the pneumatics and putting on a pump instantly makes it more accurate?

yes and no. because the air has more time to fill up between shots, it stays more consistant. but with a mech (depending how its tuned) you generally dont shoot that fast, so you usually dont have to worry about starving the reg.

XSiv Force
04-10-2009, 08:03 PM
DF(unstoppable Force) + ME(immoveable object) = An IMMOVABLE FORCE:dodgy:

wait i mean.......unstoppable object

Critical
04-10-2009, 08:14 PM
So, let me get this straight, just because I'm feeling uppity. You're saying that a pump is going to be more accurate, because of the regulator consistency? By your logic, my Cyborg, with it's Gladiator reg (regarded as one of the best regulators out there) is going to be less accurate than my pump Trilogy, with it's CP reg.

If you're basing accuracy off of saying that the reg isn't recharging fast enough, then you need a better reg, not a pump.

XSiv Force
04-10-2009, 08:23 PM
So Crit you are saying that your borg and a phantom shoot the same accuracy? OR are you just saying that your borg and a converted cocker shoot the same?

pntballer5634
04-10-2009, 08:25 PM
:argue: :punch: :bawling: where's red... this is getting ugly

kramernator
04-10-2009, 08:39 PM
um..i would have to steer away from all this talk of pumps and regs and stuff and just say this... Tiberius Arms Sniper Balls (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=19471)
i am pretty sure that any gun that shoots these will be more accurate than anything else

pntballer5634
04-10-2009, 08:41 PM
i bet if u put it in a cheep **** target gun, my mr1 will kick its ass. 90 % chance the ball won't even make it out of the barrel haha

slim and shady
04-10-2009, 08:43 PM
well shy of what marker is better, another thing you can do is use lighter internals this will reduce kick yadda yadda yadda. Hmmm you want red here let me see I can usually bring him out of the darkness.......you should naturaly get a....... tippy there way more accurate because there tippmans. Hell since all the debate is about a pump get the extra safe propain version that they put out. :dodgy: that should do it ;)

kramernator
04-10-2009, 08:50 PM
oh man... lmao
now you did it!

pntballer5634
04-10-2009, 08:52 PM
:tank2: man you must have a death wish...

pntballer5634
04-10-2009, 08:54 PM
im gonna go hide under my bed

slim and shady
04-10-2009, 08:55 PM
relax its just Red.......He pretends to be all mean and ornery but deep inside he has a kind loving heart. We just havent found it yet ;)

pntballer5634
04-10-2009, 08:56 PM
i think he lost that kind heart a while back hahaha

pntballer5634
04-10-2009, 09:00 PM
i can see him waking up tomorrow, seeing this thread, and throwing his computer out the window, than going back to bed

pntballer5634
04-10-2009, 09:05 PM
good news is, i dnt thik he's on right now, however, he could probably answer all of our questions in about two seconds, and make half us cry

bigred76
04-11-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm back, was at a birthday party for a good friend. I'm tired, so I'ma make this short. This first bit is based on the assumption that the barrel and paint is PERFECT, and is only directly about the operating system of the marker.

Astonishingly, over a SINGLE shot, I believe the Tippmann to be more accurate than any other marker except for other single tubed guns (Nelsons, Marqs, and all the spoolies). Why? Because there isn't any torquing up or down (Spyders, Egos or Intimidators), or diagonally (Angels, Vikings, and Excals) due to parts of the operating system being in different tubes.

Pumps, however, are at a slight disadvantage technically at the start of the firing cycle because of Newton's Law. Basically, because it's pushing the ball out the front, the barrel will rise. With a blow-back or other marker that is semi-auto, the marker's back pressure as well as cyclic mass help to lower that felt force.

Now, that was theory. Moving onto practical: The Cyborg operating with an LPR pressure (thus force on the ram) of 60-75psi has LITTLE to counteract the force of the ball leaving the barrel. This, however, is a good thing as the bolt at rest has an "open breech." When the marker is fired, that force with the cyclic mass moves forward, causing the marker to move. That is offset by the 150-250psi coming out of the HPR through the valve. Because its system is so balanced, little kick is felt. That's what truly is important in accuracy. Less felt kick means that you can refocus on the target quicker. The Tippmann has a heavy mass of internal parts and the valve throws out close to 650psi down the barrel, resulting in an unbalanced system and thus more felt kick.

Final words: Because of the above paragraph, my thoughts are that the most accurate marker is any that has been tuned to be properly balanced between the pressure that moves the cyclic mass and cycles the marker and the pressure that flows through the valve and out the barrel propelling the paintball. Of course, a higher quality paintball marker will do this better since it is designed for this purpose. Quite honestly, Spyders and Tippmanns are both slapped together for the sole purpose of getting new players into the sport. That's it. Even a FASOR (like a T1 or DP Fusion) will operate much better, even though only a single thing has been changed: the addition of a rammer system.

This is because it's electronically controlled, and you can more precisely tune the marker. THAT is what reduces kick, not some gimmick. Gimmicks can help to balance the marker's operating system (like the NecroRam/EigenRam for the Intimidator or the Zick Kit for the Ego or the EigenBolt/NV Bolt for the Shocker) by lowering the pressure needed to make it all work. With less force needing to be in play, it allows you balance the marker at a much more reasonable pressure.

My kind loving heart went on hiatus after the ******* inside me kicked its ass. ;)

DFSniper
04-11-2009, 04:44 AM
So, let me get this straight, just because I'm feeling uppity. You're saying that a pump is going to be more accurate, because of the regulator consistency? By your logic, my Cyborg, with it's Gladiator reg (regarded as one of the best regulators out there) is going to be less accurate than my pump Trilogy, with it's CP reg.

If you're basing accuracy off of saying that the reg isn't recharging fast enough, then you need a better reg, not a pump.

no, using the same paint, same barrel, same reg, same air system. of course if you have a **** reg its going to have **** consistency.

pntballer5634
04-11-2009, 09:33 AM
but still, a well balance target **** gun wouldnt beat my mr1...

LostCause
04-11-2009, 09:46 AM
laser guided fin stablived ICBM paintball is the most accuracte....just needs a massive launchpad marker.....

pntballer5634
04-11-2009, 09:51 AM
in that case, u'd have to be a real douche bag to miss

pntballer5634
04-11-2009, 07:02 PM
but still, no one told me a gun that is as accurate as im asking. i've just gotten types. what is the most accurate marker out there?

Critical
04-11-2009, 07:16 PM
What we've been trying to tell you is that it doesn't exist. You're trying to take a system that has anywhere from 5 to an infinite number of variables and come out with a cookie cutter solution.

On second thought, here's your answer, something I think that we can all agree on:

The most accurate paintball gun ever:
- First, start with a high quality, name brand marker
- Next, add a good barrel, that is either well matched to the paint you shoot, or has sizing options to let you match the barrel to many kinds of paint
- Now, get an excellent regulator, expensive doesn't mean better, but don't skimp
- Next, your air source, either HPA or an anti-siphoned CO2 tank, matched to your gun
- Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance. Clean your gun after every day of play. Break it down completely every couple of months and do a thorough inspection and replacement of anything potentially worn. Replace the o-rings frequently, and use the best lubricant out there, for the equipment you are using
- Next to last is paint. Use the best you can afford. Crap paint will result in crap results. Always buy the freshest you can, from stores that rotate their stock frequently.
- Finally, practice, a lot. The more you use the gun, the better you will get with it, and the better you will learn how it will act on the field and you will learn all of it's little quirks (and they ALL have quirks!)

That is your most accurate gun.

pntballer5634
04-11-2009, 07:18 PM
thanks. so like a bob long mtac with a hammerhead or stiffi, hpa, palmer stabilizer, and some amazingly expensive paint, dripping with lube

Critical
04-11-2009, 07:23 PM
No, not even close. An Mtac is expensive, but it's not necessarily the best. How do you play? Are you an active, mobile player who is always up at the front? The Mtac is a big ass beast of a gun. The hammerhead, well, they have great marketing, I'll give them that. HPA is good, if you have access to fills, however the Stabilizer is not the best reg for HPA. Finally, while that last part may have been trying to dig at me, obviously, you want to lube the marker according to the directions included with the gun.

pntballer5634
04-11-2009, 07:51 PM
yea, i wasn't serious bout the lube. and i play up and down. i want to have long range accuracy, but a high ROF for close quarters

TheDarkShadow
04-11-2009, 07:51 PM
i dont even think you can put after market regs on an M-tac, can you?

DFSniper
04-11-2009, 08:13 PM
but still, no one told me a gun that is as accurate as im asking. i've just gotten types. what is the most accurate marker out there?

shoebox (aka 4x4 sport) shocker. its a gas hog, but dead consistant when tuned right.

pntballer5634
04-11-2009, 08:22 PM
thank you sniper

XSiv Force
04-11-2009, 08:27 PM
What we've been trying to tell you is that it doesn't exist. You're trying to take a system that has anywhere from 5 to an infinite number of variables and come out with a cookie cutter solution.

THATS WHAT WEVE BEEN SAYING OH I THOUGHT THIS WAS JUST A BASH :D

pntballer5634
04-11-2009, 08:54 PM
well i guess ill start saving hahaha

bigred76
04-11-2009, 09:10 PM

On second thought, here's your answer, something I think that we can all agree on:

The most accurate paintball gun ever:
- First, start with a high quality, name brand marker
- Next, add a good barrel, that is either well matched to the paint you shoot, or has sizing options to let you match the barrel to many kinds of paint
- Now, get an excellent regulator, expensive doesn't mean better, but don't skimp
- Next, your air source, either HPA or an anti-siphoned CO2 tank, matched to your gun
- Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance. Clean your gun after every day of play. Break it down completely every couple of months and do a thorough inspection and replacement of anything potentially worn. Replace the o-rings frequently, and use the best lubricant out there, for the equipment you are using
- Next to last is paint. Use the best you can afford. Crap paint will result in crap results. Always buy the freshest you can, from stores that rotate their stock frequently.
- Finally, practice, a lot. The more you use the gun, the better you will get with it, and the better you will learn how it will act on the field and you will learn all of it's little quirks (and they ALL have quirks!)

That is your most accurate gun.
Isn't that what I said? :confused:

:( Noone reads my rants anymore... I'm going to go cry myself to sleep in a corner... :bawling:

pntballer5634
04-11-2009, 09:39 PM
well thank you too, and i did, but u didnt give me a specific name. i understand now that there isn't

bigred76
04-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I listed, what? 6 good guns? LOL!

pntballer5634
04-11-2009, 09:45 PM
ok, but not one supreme gun. if i wanted six, i woulda called the thread most accurate paintball gunS, but i named it most accurate paintball gun :yeahthat: , notice the lack of an s

bigred76
04-12-2009, 01:09 AM
LOL... picky little bugger, aren't ya! The best marker I've EVER shot would have to be my old '06 Borg, what Critical's been referring to (since it's his now). Nowadays, I'd have to say the best marker based on my assumptions and what I've seen from their previous products would have to be the MacDev Cyborg RX.

EDIT: Figured I'd add that this is for a few reasons:

1.) Comes with a barrel kit to match paint
2.) The operating system is very smooth
3.) It's a MacDev, which means consistency is a null point... It's +/- 5fps out of the BOX, before it's broken in.
4.) Efficiency is simply amazing. This means that it ONLY uses what gas it needs, and very little at that.

LostCause
04-12-2009, 05:51 AM
I dont think he understands there is no SUPREME gun.....?
You can get Fan boy answers that theres is thebest, but bout all the stuff they told you is how to get a excellent gun....

ForeverSpyder
04-12-2009, 06:39 AM
I've read alot of things in this thread and was going to reply with some BS post, but then I realized it's gotta be preference. There is some posistive things you can count on, consitency, good paint and barrel, beyond that all can be agrued because it doesn't fit on paper. I go out on the field and see people who swear by their flatlined tippmann, or some rifled barrel, a closed bolt gun, a nice pump, but really when you get out there do we need to agrue? If it works for you, and the opposing method works for them, chances are it's not fact, it's opinion.

I could agrue my opinion, but go out there and shoot some guns, barrels, whatever it takes get your setup and be accurate. What you want is ball on ball consitency, beyond that just be good at aiming.

`Fs

TheDarkShadow
04-12-2009, 07:00 AM
I dont think he understands there is no SUPREME gun.....?
You can get Fan boy answers that theres is thebest, but bout all the stuff they told you is how to get a excellent gun....

red is a cyborg fan boy, it's a good gun, no doubt about that but, there are a lot of good guns out there; an ego fan boy might come in here and say that the cyborg is a peice of **** and you should get an ego; a dye fan boy may come in here and say that both of those are peices of **** and tell you to get a DM.... do you get what I'm saying? it is all personal preference, and accuracy is dependant on your setup and how well your gun is tuned.

DFSniper
04-12-2009, 01:30 PM
i, on the other hand, am unbiased when i say the 4x4 shocker sport is THE MOST CONSISTANT GUN I HAVE EVER SEEN. but it is a gas hog. off an 88ci tank, we get less than a case.

TheDarkShadow
04-12-2009, 07:06 PM
off an 88ci tank, we get less than a case.

JESÚS CHRISTO :eek:

XSiv Force
04-12-2009, 07:08 PM
:yeahthat: all of it

pntballer5634
04-12-2009, 08:28 PM
1. i understand, im not stupid, i consider myself to be quit inteligent actually
2. thanks red
3. ****, i better start saving up

ProX
04-12-2009, 09:05 PM
1. i understand, im not stupid, i consider myself to be quit inteligent actually

Maybe you should quit while you're ahead....:poker:

bigred76
04-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Bahahaha... I'm saying nothing! :D

RSX99
04-12-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm sorry but that is funny.

pntballer5634
04-12-2009, 10:36 PM
my spellings bad

kramernator
04-12-2009, 11:45 PM
i'm sorry man, i know its a typo or whatever...but that is sooooooooo funny!!!!!

slim and shady
04-13-2009, 03:24 PM
picking on people who cant spell hey???? Well I better leave now before I drop 10 pegs right out of the book!

pntballer5634
04-13-2009, 03:52 PM
haha ( did i spell that right?)

bigred76
04-13-2009, 05:52 PM
picking on people who cant spell hey???? Well I better leave now before I drop 10 pegs right out of the book!

You realize that I had to run your last PM through Word before I started to read it, right? ;)

pntballer5634
04-13-2009, 06:12 PM
hahaha, i know, im sorry. i've had people have to by de coding softare, and don't even get me started on hand writing, you need to be a damn scholar

pntballer5634
04-13-2009, 06:35 PM
btw, what did you think