PDA

View Full Version : air intake threading?

THUNDR
04-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Does anybody know what size threading the hole on the marker body where the air line goes in is?

Babalui
04-06-2009, 01:41 AM
On MR2 its metric M12 (I've measured and tested).
Not to confuse with metric on MR1 and other Spyders, which is M10. What is sold around the web as "spyder metric adapter" is in fact M10 male to 1/8 NPT female. Also, that adapter comes with stock MR1 (its screwed on the body).

PS - If you want 1/8 NPT adapter for MR2, you'll need something like this, but it says M12x1.5, and I think that on spyder its M12x1.0, for that I'm not 100% sure:
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/1-8-npt-female-to-m12-p-15-male-adapter.aspx
(I'm trying to order it, will check if they arrive)

sonik
04-06-2009, 06:03 AM
the right side of the X number is the pitch of the thread. Each M size can have slightly different pitch and in fact I found the M10 'spyder thread' is a 'fine' thread M10. ( 1.2 fine vs ~1.5 coarse/common pitch ) They are very close but after a few turns the threads bind. be sure they specify 'fine' thread on the M side and you should be fine.

I would suggest taking the asa to spyder body adapter to a fastener supply shop and check the fit. Most stores will have a tool to accurately measure and tell you the size and pitch of your metric thread....

and I thought Metric was supposed to make life easier? :D

On MR2 its metric M12 (I've measured and tested).
Not to confuse with metric on MR1 and other Spyders, which is M10. What is sold around the web as "spyder metric adapter" is in fact M10 male to 1/8 NPT female. Also, that adapter comes with stock MR1 (its screwed on the body).

PS - If you want 1/8 NPT adapter for MR2, you'll need something like this, but it says M12x1.5, and I think that on spyder its M12x1.0, for that I'm not 100% sure:
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/1-8-npt-female-to-m12-p-15-male-adapter.aspx
(I'm trying to order it, will check if they arrive)

THUNDR
04-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Haha ok thanks for the info. I ask because I need a plug that will fit in there and seal off that hole. any advice on that?

Bablui, please let me know if that adapter works with the MR2. if it does I can just get a 1/8 NPT plug and use it with that adapter.

Babalui
04-06-2009, 08:14 AM
and I thought Metric was supposed to make life easier? :D

I does make a life easier, but as long as they tell you what the thread is. Calling it "metric" is like calling it "american" or "japanese" thread :p
Like there is only one, and none but that one.

Btw, I think that x1.0 is "fine" (as on sypder), x1.25 is "regular" and x1.5 is "coarse", no? I've just compared x1.25 tap with spyder thread, and x1.25 is too big.

@THUNDR - for plug use any short M12 screw with fine thread. Take your marker with you to the store, like tho Sonik recommende it.
Once I've went to local store, dropped a bunch of parts on the table and said "I need this to fit this, this to fit this..." . Much faster then explaining :)

I'll post about those adapters when (if) they arrive. Wrote them several e-mails, no reply yet. But, they do not look too expensive. You may try ordering them yourself.

PS - I'm now quite sure those adapters will NOT fit any MR :(

THUNDR
04-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Wow good point...thanks alot I'll just use a bolt

jfizz88
05-25-2009, 04:28 PM
ok so what EXACTLY is the threading on the MR1 air intake? i want to order it from palmer pursuit. they now sell custom pieces and i want to fit my mr1 with a standard asa at the intake

sonik
07-15-2009, 06:50 AM
Sorry missed this...

The MR1 is a 1/8 thread... very common. Any PB proshop will have fittings to fit your MR1...

LAPCO makes a very good one ( I have one )

Lapco Spyder vertical ASA (http://www.lapcopaintball.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=10&products_id=99&osCsid=72f67e332b08d70cb1e2fcbbd4eeb7f3)

ok so what EXACTLY is the threading on the MR1 air intake? i want to order it from palmer pursuit. they now sell custom pieces and i want to fit my mr1 with a standard asa at the intake

sonik
08-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Short update on the MR2 thread mystery game. It appears to be an M12 super-fine (M12 x 1.0) and I found a part that fits (I think), but I am having trouble getting it here in Canada. The part is made by Auto Meter (part #2266) and to get it shipped up here a 5$ part is gonna cost 50$!!

Here is a link:http://www.jegs.com/i/Auto-Meter/105/2266/10002/-1

Edit: WOOT! I found it and got it ordered! http://performanceparts.com/part.php?partID=166360 and they ship to Canada without the cost of my first born....

OneShotKill
08-04-2009, 10:49 AM
how do you figure out shipping?

sonik
08-04-2009, 11:25 AM
I called them and the lady calmly told me the shipping was 35+ USD O_o

how do you figure out shipping?

OneShotKill
08-04-2009, 05:21 PM
you could always have someone here in the U.S. get it, then forward it to you...

sonik
08-04-2009, 07:50 PM
That didn't work out so nicely for me last time... I'd hate for it to bounce at the border again. though it is just an air fitting... makes no difference.. I have one coming for a fair price.

you could always have someone here in the U.S. get it, then forward it to you...