PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Frame Loose?

F1R3STORM
04-04-2009, 07:26 PM
My brother recently got an MR1 and he has his 20oz Co2 on his gun and the frame, it always seems to loosen up after a day of play. Of course a remote line would fix this but isn't that a little ridiculous?

DFSniper
04-04-2009, 07:36 PM
throw some blue loctite on the threads. that what i had to do.

slim and shady
04-04-2009, 08:10 PM
I dont think its ridiculous at all, pack a 20 pound weight around all day and see how your arms feel. its alot of weight hanging on the 2 little screws. Like DF said just put a little loctite on them.

F1R3STORM
04-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Doesn't that make it impossible to remove the trigger frame? I've already looked at that option and its not 20lbs, point is every other gun can do it just fine, that's why it's ridiculous imo.

TheDarkShadow
04-05-2009, 07:26 AM
red loctite= permenant
blue loctite= temporary/can be removed

a spyder has some kick to it, kick can loosen screws, it's not that hard to carry an allen key with you to tighten it up after a game

slim and shady
04-05-2009, 08:34 PM
I ment its heavy for the little screws supporting it. loctite does not make it permanent. If you use red you could be in trouble blue would probably be your best bet or you could go with green if your real worried about it. he could try a lighter tank to, im sure that would help alot or grab a remote. There are alot of answears for this question just depends what he likes. If he got a remote it would lighten up the gun alot, probably like that and he wouldnt lose the valume of co2 as compaired to using a smaller tank like a 9 or 12 oz.

bigred76
04-05-2009, 08:50 PM
You can also use teflon tape on the threads of the screws (two wraps max). The vibrations caused by the firing of the marker are strong enough to loosen screws. They should have come from the factory with some sort of thread locker, like black or blue loctite.

F1R3STORM
04-06-2009, 07:16 AM
Odds are he's going with a remote line, but until then loctite will have to suffice.

bigred76
04-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Just a dab of loctite will do, in that case. Don't want to coat the screw, but a decent dab will hold it in there good enough.