PDA

View Full Version : Awsome storm hits PA! For once!

Paintball Freak
03-31-2009, 11:47 AM
IDK if anyone else here got hit by the previous storm in South Eastern PA on March 29... But it was Awesome! Even though I didn't get to see the Tornado that I've been dying to see, we still got pegged with some awesome hail! Unfortunately, I didn't even have my camera on hand during the storm. = (
But I took these pics of the hail stones. = )

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm88/paintballfreak14/DSCF1907.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm88/paintballfreak14/DSCF1908.jpg

That might not seem like much to someone in Tornado alley, but up here in PA it was like a dream come true to get a good storm. = )

Ace24
03-31-2009, 03:34 PM
Do you own a car?

druid
03-31-2009, 07:46 PM
PBFreak.....I live in Bethlehem....and our hail was as big. Did you get to see the green sky like we did? I had everyone in the basement (wife and 3 daughters), looking at me like I had a 3rd eye in the middle of my forehead - until my 12 year old [brainiac child] opened her trap and yelled, "I wanna see the Tornado!!!"

frikkin' little big mouth.......

She and I were the ONLY ones excited about it (like you) but then I had to listen to the wife, 20 yr old and 9yr old start with the "Z0Mgeee!!!111 apocolypse!!!" talk.....and crying.......and whimpering....

xsvly-fat
03-31-2009, 07:50 PM
Wow that sounds really crazy I can't believe the hail was that big.

Ace24
03-31-2009, 08:03 PM
Only reason I ask is because I fear hail every day. My poor car. (even though it's 10 years old and the body has seen better days)

bigred76
04-01-2009, 02:00 AM
PBFreak.....I live in Bethlehem....and our hail was as big. Did you get to see the green sky like we did? I had everyone in the basement (wife and 3 daughters), looking at me like I had a 3rd eye in the middle of my forehead - until my 12 year old [brainiac child] opened her trap and yelled, "I wanna see the Tornado!!!"

frikkin' little big mouth.......

She and I were the ONLY ones excited about it (like you) but then I had to listen to the wife, 20 yr old and 9yr old start with the "Z0Mgeee!!!111 apocolypse!!!" talk.....and crying.......and whimpering....

Figures that the 20 y/o would... :eek:

*runs away*

Nice balls... of hail... Pretty decent size.

Paintball Freak
04-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Do you own a car?

Unfortunatly not yet... = /

But Druid, I did get to see the magnificent colour in the clouds! It was just awesome... I was just out on my front porch enjoying the fork lightning and thinking that we would just get a passer becuase of the clouds becoming a light gray... But then I thought about going out unto my back deck to look out down south, and I'm just like, WoW, where in the world did all these clouds come from?! lol The awsome greenish blueish sky, (thought for sure we'd get a tornado)!?

So I was watching the south for a bit on my deck until I hear something hit my gutter, and then I hear it again, right next to me, then I didn't just hear it ... I felt it... lol (luckily I was wearing a hood)

But yeah, pretty darn awesome, wish it would happen more often... I want to move down south and chase a few Tornados for the adrenline effect. lol

Ace24
04-01-2009, 07:31 PM
You mean fortunately. Hail that size leaves nice sized dimples on cars. Haha.

druid
04-01-2009, 09:40 PM
You mean fortunately. Hail that size leaves nice sized dimples on cars. Haha.

...and foreheads.....lmao

Ace24
04-01-2009, 10:36 PM
:lol:

Thats why you don't look up.

TheDarkShadow
04-02-2009, 06:05 PM
I hate storms, mostly because it ****s with my internet.... like now, damnit!