PDA

View Full Version : Would you like a new pump?

slim and shady
03-29-2009, 07:07 PM
How many of you would like to see Kingman make a new AFFORDABLE pump? What would you like to see in the new pup if they did make one?

xsvly-fat
03-29-2009, 07:43 PM
I would like to see that, if they did it should use normal paint. Other then that if they made it for under $200 it would be good.

bigred76
03-30-2009, 12:40 AM
I would, and I'd like it to look like this:

http://www.bigredphotography.net/photos/477481917_uDo3t-M.jpg (http://www.bigredphotography.net/photos/477481917_uDo3t-O.jpg)

:D

The Azodin Kaos Pump (KP) is a very fine example of a pump design on a Spyder platform, although I'd get a real pump arm on there, not one that looks like a dildo.

Sandman_Bravo
03-30-2009, 03:00 AM
I'd like a pup too... :dodgy:

Critical
03-30-2009, 06:21 AM
Honestly, I think Kingman needs to look at a number of other things before they start thinking about adding a whole new product to their line.

- They have introduced a new pistol, but it's .43 caliber, which almost no one playing paintball in the US uses, and, it's not even being marketed to us, other than "hey, look at this" emails and announcements. Plus, it's priced at the same level as competitive products that allow the use of field paint.

- Their STBB design is good, but not at the price they offer. I had really hoped, when I saw the reduction on products this last cycle, that it would result in a lower cost of the markers they continued with. This did not happen. In a world where they are fighting for the market share of the person who has only just started moving up from rentals, they no longer have to only worry about Tippmann, like they used to. Now, there are a number of viable, low-cost alternatives, from some of the biggest names in paintball, that are using significantly different methods of operation from the Spyder. Markers like the SLG, PMR, Ion platform, etc. Why would someone purchase a $300 Spyder when they can buy a Vibe for $175, and usually get a starter package with it? I don't know about you, but working on an Ion platform is a ton easier than a Spyder, with it's 10-15 o-rings and multiple moving parts.

Kingman needs to figure these things out before they start a new product. Because, honestly, would you buy a new $250-$350 pump from Kingman, or would you go out and build a custom pump cocker from parts for less, or choose one of the other current pumps that are in the marketplace. Customers are going to be looking at these questions. Most current pump players wouldn't look twice at a Kingman pump, unless it was spectacular, and at an incredible price. New pump customers are going to be looking for what's the hot thing that all their friends have. Which market does Kingman satisfy?

Sorry, just my $0.02

XSiv Force
03-30-2009, 12:08 PM
id want a reincarnation of the hammer with picatiny rails on it all for under 200

Griff
03-30-2009, 04:28 PM
I say the same thing but $150 Hammer I or II

XSiv Force
03-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Redesign the hammer and call it the "sledge" haha get it i made a funny but im serious

fatkidfrompbaz
03-30-2009, 04:40 PM
i would like to have one but as Critical said would we buy a pump for more than $200? I see new ACI Mavericks being sold for $85 or new Cocker Pumps for $100

A_ndy_D_ick
03-31-2009, 12:23 PM
i would love to see a new kingman pump but it would need great features and be at or under 150 bucks

DFSniper
03-31-2009, 12:37 PM
The Azodin Kaos Pump (KP) is a very fine example of a pump design on a Spyder platform, although I'd get a real pump arm on there, not one that looks like a dildo.

qft. until then i'm happy with my PTP...

police_brutality
03-31-2009, 07:04 PM
or instead of waiting get a cocoker and pump it, i just pumped my 04 prostock with a sm1 pump kit

Modded-Like-Hell
03-31-2009, 07:06 PM
if they come out with one, i hope its not over priced either