PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of HPA -recommendations?

Natman
03-28-2009, 09:07 AM
I think I might want to get a HPA tank to replace my 20 oz CO2 for my MR-1. What's a good, cheap tank of about the same size? Can I use the same remote?
Thanks!

Mitchell-MR1
03-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Yes you can use the same remote. I have a pure energy tank and it is i think 68 ci. I can shoot a lot before it needs to be refilled. When I went to shooting the marker at a high rate of fire I had to but the tank on the marker and not on the remote line.

Hope that helps

Natman
03-29-2009, 06:58 AM
Thanks man, yes that does help! What is it that made you have to stop using the remote? And how high a rate of fire are we talking about?

thx

especiialypsycho
03-29-2009, 08:30 AM
hes probably shooting about 7-8BPS which IIRC is the highest a mech will shoot, and he probably stopped using the remote because it was taking more time for the air to get to the gun thus reducing ROF.

jim762
03-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Not trying to be difficult or start an argument, but what does ROF have to do with using a remote? there are plenty of Electro markers that use remotes and it has no effect on rate of fire. The air is supplied at the same rate from a remote as it is from the bottle. While it does sound like a starvation issue. When using a remote you need to turn the knob all the way in then back off a little. Other wise the air flow may be blocked by the pin. I think there is a thread addressing this problem some where. I'm just to lazy to search for it.

Modded-Like-Hell
03-29-2009, 10:11 AM
hes probably shooting about 7-8BPS which IIRC is the highest a mech will shoot, and he probably stopped using the remote because it was taking more time for the air to get to the gun thus reducing ROF.

ummm... if you use a remote on co2 or HPA tank, its open all the time(knob all the way down, fully opened). when your using both there's no closing point between the remote and tank. the air is just gonna continue its flow since it remains in the hose!

??taking more time?? where it go? space?

I think I might want to get a HPA tank to replace my 20 oz CO2 for my MR-1. What's a good, cheap tank of about the same size? Can I use the same remote?
Thanks!

HPA/compressed air tank is perfect. 68ci sounds good and you can still use the remote.

sneekypete
03-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Not trying to be difficult or start an argument, but what does ROF have to do with using a remote?
I have to agree. I have shot my MR-2 at 25 BPS with no troubles. I usually don't because my hopper will only last around 4 secs at that speed but it was not starving for air. I do have an X-chamber so that might have helped I am not sure on that one.

Mitchell-MR1
03-29-2009, 06:01 PM
I shoot my MR-1 at a very high rate of fire up words of 20+. Yes I know that you all think that I am full of SH@# but it realy fires at that high rate. I have a 2.0 rocking trigger and it is very fast. When the weather gets better here in the north I will get a video made and show everyone just how fast it will shoot.

Now for the remote there is a very short lag time with using the remote with the co2 and the time that it expands in the line and not staying at a constant pressure in the remote with a high flow. The same thing happens with HPA but not as much.

slim and shady
03-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Not trying to be difficult or start an argument, but what does ROF have to do with using a remote? there are plenty of Electro markers that use remotes and it has no effect on rate of fire. The air is supplied at the same rate from a remote as it is from the bottle. While it does sound like a starvation issue. When using a remote you need to turn the knob all the way in then back off a little. Other wise the air flow may be blocked by the pin. I think there is a thread addressing this problem some where. I'm just to lazy to search for it.

Not trying to add to the argument however I must dissagree in some situations. Using my MR2 at high rates of fire and then using my EGL47 grenade launcher (Run from the same tank) and a remote starves my marker for air and it wont recock. attaching the tank direct no issues.
But as for using a remote with just a marker and no launcher I do agree :p

Modded-Like-Hell
03-29-2009, 08:31 PM
i ran a remote with my fenix acs and it never starved it at 15. i was also using a 12oz java tank back then

Mitchell-MR1
03-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Not trying to add to the argument however I must dissagree in some situations. Using my MR2 at high rates of fire and then using my EGL47 grenade launcher (Run from the same tank) and a remote starves my marker for air and it wont recock. attaching the tank direct no issues.
But as for using a remote with just a marker and no launcher I do agree :p

Yes slim and shady, I had the same trouble when I was shooting my MR1 as fast as the rocking trigger can go for like 10 shots and then it will not recock. When the air supply was directly on the marker there are no problems, I can soot 240 rounds with out stoping and it is ready to shoot more.

Jonathan James
04-10-2009, 08:35 AM
HPA is pretty cool for cold weather but you don't get as many shots