PDA

View Full Version : Kingman Training is here!

DFSniper
03-27-2009, 06:15 AM
http://www.kingmantraining.com/section/products/index.html

need i say more?

Modded-Like-Hell
03-27-2009, 07:36 AM
already...might get one

Mazza
03-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Hmm...
A bit expensive then we all thought... $200 - $250 USD and only comes with 1 magazine. Extra magazines cost $50 for 2.

Still tempting to get one though.

XSiv Force
03-27-2009, 05:37 PM
to tell the truth im a lil upset about the price :(

Modded-Like-Hell
03-27-2009, 05:42 PM
for 250 i wanted to see kingman make an extended clip. 18 rounds? maybe a e-trigger, kind of like a Glock 18

Hossy
03-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Yeah, I think that its great that they came out with something of the sort. When I first saw it I was like, Im going to get a few, but then noticing the price I was like, thats expensive, and I want more mags. Sorry Kingman, that went right off my To-Buy list.

DFSniper
03-27-2009, 06:08 PM
MAP is supposed to be much lower than MSRP (think VS and 08 series...)

fatkidfrompbaz
03-27-2009, 06:39 PM
price:shocked: :jawdrop:

xsvly-fat
03-27-2009, 07:47 PM
The price isn't bad for the guns, what I don't like is the price for the paint, if it was a bit less then regular stuff (or even the same price) it would be alot better.

slim and shady
03-27-2009, 08:05 PM
I find that a bit pricy myself, but you never know have to try it to see if its worth it I guess.

Babalui
03-28-2009, 03:00 AM
Great pistol, but combined price is kinda high. I can afford either pistol, or clips, or paint, but not all three at the same time. I'm mostly dissapointed by the price for paint. I was attracted to part in advertising where it said "save money on paint". I guess I will save money in a way that it's too expensive to play around with it :(
Still, I'm glad to see a new and lighweight product in this field. I hope they will expand their range with some mag-equipped rifles :)

bigred76
03-28-2009, 03:16 AM
Here I put the brakes on for Kingman. Straight from the California Penal Code:

247.5. Any person who willfully and maliciously discharges a laser
at an aircraft, whether in motion or in flight, while occupied, is
guilty of a violation of this section, which shall be punishable as
either a misdemeanor by imprisonment in the county jail for not more
than one year or by a fine of one thousand dollars ($1,000), or a
felony by imprisonment in the state prison for 16 months, two years,
or three years, or by a fine of two thousand dollars ($2,000). This
section does not apply to the conduct of laser development activity
by or on behalf of the United States Armed Forces.
As used in this section, "aircraft" means any contrivance intended
for and capable of transporting persons through the airspace.
As used in this section, "laser" means a device that utilizes the
natural oscillations of atoms or molecules between energy levels for
generating coherent electromagnetic radiation in the ultraviolet,
visible, or infrared region of the spectrum, and when discharged
exceeds one milliwatt continuous wave.

417.25. (a) Every person who, except in self-defense, aims or
points a laser scope, as defined in subdivision (b), or a laser
pointer, as defined in subdivision (c), at another person in a
threatening manner with the specific intent to cause a reasonable
person fear of bodily harm is guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by
imprisonment in a county jail for up to 30 days. For purposes of
this section, the laser scope need not be attached to a firearm.
(b) As used in this section, "laser scope" means a portable
battery-powered device capable of being attached to a firearm and
capable of projecting a laser light on objects at a distance.
(c) As used in this section, "laser pointer" means any hand held
laser beam device or demonstration laser product that emits a single
point of light amplified by the stimulated emission of radiation that
is visible to the human eye.

417.26. (a) Any person who aims or points a laser scope as defined
in subdivision (b) of Section 417.25, or a laser pointer, as defined
in subdivision (c) of that section, at a peace officer with the
specific intent to cause the officer apprehension or fear of bodily
harm and who knows or reasonably should know that the person at whom
he or she is aiming or pointing is a peace officer, is guilty of a
misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for a term
not exceeding six months.
(b) Any person who commits a second or subsequent violation of
subdivision (a) shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail
for not more than one year.

417.27. (a) No person, corporation, firm, or business entity of any
kind shall knowingly sell a laser pointer to a person 17 years of
age or younger, unless he or she is accompanied and supervised by a
parent, legal guardian, or any other adult 18 years of age or older.

(b) No student shall possess a laser pointer on any elementary or
secondary school premises unless possession of a laser pointer on the
elementary or secondary school premises is for a valid instructional
or other school-related purpose, including employment.
(c) No person shall direct the beam from a laser pointer directly
or indirectly into the eye or eyes of another person or into a moving
vehicle with the intent to harass or annoy the other person or the
occupants of the moving vehicle.
(d) No person shall direct the beam from a laser pointer directly
or indirectly into the eye or eyes of a guide dog, signal dog,
service dog, or dog being used by a peace officer with the intent to
harass or annoy the animal.
(e) A violation of subdivision (a), (b), (c), or (d) shall be an
infraction that is punished by either a fine of fifty dollars ($50)
or four hours of community service, and a second or subsequent
violation of any of these subdivisions shall be an infraction that is
punished by either a fine of one hundred dollars ($100) or eight
hours of community service.
(f) As used in this section, "laser pointer" has the same meaning
as set forth in subdivision (c) of Section 417.25.
(g) As used in this section, "guide dog," "signal dog," and
"service dog," respectively, have the same meaning as set forth in
subdivisions (d), (e), and (f) of Section 365.5.

As such, for the purpose it is advertised, this item is illegal for USE (if not sale) in California. Kingman, which is based in Baldwin Park, California, should know this already. That bugs me, it really does.

Modded-Like-Hell
03-28-2009, 06:45 AM
way to break it down man

XSiv Force
03-28-2009, 01:32 PM
You have me confused by what you mean......If you are talking about the "No corporation shall sell a laser pointer to a minor with a parent or guardian present........."
They are still not breaking the law. I could pretty much guarantee that a company that would produce such an item would infact look into to the laws especially in the state that they are based out of

bigred76
03-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Look at Section 417.25 more closely, XSiV.

XSiv Force
03-28-2009, 05:14 PM
NOW i see what you are trying to say....got a lil confused with the your case with the rest of the sections.

bigred76
03-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Yup. The other ones are there to show the other things you cannot do with laser pointers in California.

jim762
03-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Don't you think this is geared more towards Law enforcement/military training? It seems to me that it would be a good fit for that.

XSiv Force
03-28-2009, 05:54 PM
:yeahthat:

bigred76
03-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Don't you think this is geared more towards Law enforcement/military training? It seems to me that it would be a good fit for that.

Yes, I do, but I also know some stupid little kid'll come along and do one of the four things I listed, earning himself some vacation time in Sing-Sing. It just irks me that Kingman would actually sell these like this, just like the rest of the companies out there. :rolleyes:

TheDarkShadow
03-29-2009, 02:41 PM
the price should be quiet a bit lower at stores than if you buy it from Kingman

slim and shady
03-29-2009, 07:04 PM
I dunno I think if somone wants to use them there going to get them regardless. However I can see your dissapointment in Kingman "Suport" of it Red. But chances are unless there playin in pitch black the fad wont last long!

xsvly-fat
03-29-2009, 07:45 PM
the price should be quiet a bit lower at stores than if you buy it from Kingman

I forgot about that. You're right both of them should be maybe $50 less at stores, maybe not that much lower but somewhat lower.

police_brutality
03-30-2009, 04:35 AM
if the price is too much, go buy a delta 68

spyderfan4271
04-02-2009, 01:12 PM
to tell the truth im a lil upset about the price :(

Me too! I thought the aluminum polymer one would be atleaste $50 bucks cheaper. Kingman needed to come close to the overlord price range not more towards tiberius. For that kind of money I might as well wait for the tippmann pistol to come out then I can use regular .68 diameter paint.

spyderfan4271
04-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Yes, I do, but I also know some stupid little kid'll come along and do one of the four things I listed, earning himself some vacation time in Sing-Sing. It just irks me that Kingman would actually sell these like this, just like the rest of the companies out there. :rolleyes:

The description says low intensity maybe there is a loophole there. Could it be basically a red beam flashlight but that doesn't sound as cool in the add. I don't think alot of irresponsible people will be buying a marker with a laser. That's more the mil-sim crowd you know the tippmanns with pictany rails, flashlights, jumper cables, can opener, water proof match, tooth pick and a compass.

ferret15
04-02-2009, 01:46 PM
The description says low intensity maybe there is a loophole there. Could it be basically a red beam flashlight but that doesn't sound as cool in the add. I don't think alot of irresponsible people will be buying a marker with a laser. That's more the mil-sim crowd you know the tippmanns with pictany rails, flashlights, jumper cables, can opener, water proof match, tooth pick and a compass.

hey man all of those are usefull at an event like Oklahoma d-day.

slim and shady
04-02-2009, 07:56 PM
and I still cant find jumper cables or a canopener for my MR2 :(

ferret15
04-02-2009, 08:54 PM
biggest reason i got rid of mine:( for what ever reason i was able to find a soap dispenser:confused:

bigred76
04-05-2009, 08:33 PM
http://www.actionvillage.com/AVI-Paintball/paintball-paintball-guns-kingman-training-guns

For sale on AV now.

spyderfan4271: They advertise the light intensity as 2mW or whatever it is, and the law applies to 1mW or above.

LostCause
04-06-2009, 12:59 PM
the booth babes at HB looked hot though ;)

TheDarkShadow
04-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Tippman now has a pistol... http://www.ansgear.com/Tippmann_TPX_Paintball_Pistol_Black_p/tippmanntpxpistol.htm

LostCause
04-12-2009, 01:13 PM
saw that a whileback..didnt know it was out yet....thouhg why so expensive...I think i rather just get a t8 or maybe the t9 for a lil more...

irishwarrior
04-12-2009, 01:26 PM
I like the looks of the tippy pistol more than I do the Chaser and Eraser.

TheDarkShadow
04-12-2009, 06:02 PM
yeah and it doesn't shoot 11mm/.43cal

Nenkitsune
04-13-2009, 01:37 AM
http://www.actionvillage.com/AVI-Paintball/paintball-paintball-guns-kingman-training-guns

For sale on AV now.

spyderfan4271: They advertise the light intensity as 2mW or whatever it is, and the law applies to 1mW or above.

yeah, but the thing I noticed is they call it a 2mW low intensity beam

lasers are high intensity beams afaik (since it's highly focused light, where a normal light is not so focused)

so instead of being an OMG COOL laser, it may be a wtf red light

slim and shady
04-13-2009, 02:29 PM
^that is exactly what it is if you shine it on the wall about 10 feet away it has a radius of about 6 inches the farther away you get the wider the radius gets like a flashlight with a more designated consintration in the center from like 35-40 feet as the user you cant see it at all.

pntballer5634
04-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Lasers are usually labeled with a safety class number, which identifies how dangerous the laser is:

* Class I/1 is inherently safe, usually because the light is contained in an enclosure, for example in cd players.
* Class II/2 is safe during normal use; the blink reflex of the eye will prevent damage. Usually up to 1 mW power, for example laser pointers.
* Class IIIa/3R lasers are usually up to 5 mW and involve a small risk of eye damage within the time of the blink reflex. Staring into such a beam for several seconds is likely to cause (minor) eye damage.
* Class IIIb/3B can cause immediate severe eye damage upon exposure. Usually lasers up to 500 mW, such as those in cd and dvd burners.
* Class IV/4 lasers can burn skin, and in some cases, even scattered light can cause eye and/or skin damage. Many industrial and scientific lasers are in this class.

The indicated powers are for visible-light, continuous-wave lasers. For pulsed lasers and invisible wavelengths, other power limits apply. People working with class 3B and class 4 lasers can protect their eyes with safety goggles which are designed to absorb light of a particular wavelength.

Certain infrared lasers with wavelengths beyond about 1.4 micrometres are often referred to as being "eye-safe". This is because the intrinsic molecular vibrations of water molecules very strongly absorb light in this part of the spectrum, and thus a laser beam at these wavelengths is attenuated so completely as it passes through the eye's cornea that no light remains to be focused by the lens onto the retina. The label "eye-safe" can be misleading, however, as it only applies to relatively low power continuous wave beams and any high power or Q-switched laser at these wavelengths can burn the cornea, causing severe eye damage.

bigred76
04-23-2009, 08:45 PM
You have to see this new clip from Kingman Training. It was filmed at the US Paintball League event in Huntington Beach a couple weeks back. A few star pro players are rocking the new .43 Caliber KT Eraser pistols including B-Real, Alex Fraige and Ryan Greenspan. These new pistols are slick, these guys are having some fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7GKO35vGYw

Your friends at Kingman

www.kingmantraining.com

Enjoy.

Logan_MML
05-01-2009, 04:21 AM
This looks beast, I can't wait to pick one up.

Mech Warrior
08-20-2009, 02:10 PM
I won one of the KT Chaser packages in the give-away. I'll post after I get a chance to wring it out.

bigred76
08-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Damn, congrats Mech Warrior! :) Always good to see one of our members win these contests!