PDA

View Full Version : I finally got one and need advice!!!

xxdavis06xx
03-25-2009, 06:44 PM
I picked up a MR1 last thursday and so far this is what I have ordered.

16 inch J&J Ceramic barrel
Spring kit
low blow bolt
wrap around grip
velocity adjuster screw

What else can I do to get a longer traveling accurate reliable gun?

DFSniper
03-25-2009, 06:57 PM
i dont think the grips will fit

xxdavis06xx
03-25-2009, 06:58 PM
its the grip straight from spyder so I am hoping so

ferret15
03-25-2009, 07:00 PM
well there are
the 45 , mech, e-frames, e mr grips, vs grips, 08 grips

but the MR1 has wrap around grips or softer grips to start of with.

xxdavis06xx
03-25-2009, 07:02 PM
i just got the wrap around... is there anything else i can do? I am new to this

slim and shady
03-25-2009, 07:21 PM
wrap around grips dont fit the MR1 only the MR2/3.

Grab a locking feedneck and of corse HPA.

xxdavis06xx
03-25-2009, 08:51 PM
anything else? valves or anything?

xxdavis06xx
03-25-2009, 09:23 PM
I am running CO2 and I accidentally all ready ordered the wrap around grip. Does it fit the rocking trigger and is it a good investment to get one? Will it work with the low blow bolt?

irishwarrior
03-26-2009, 02:22 AM
Since you are new I would definitely NOT recommend the rocking trigger. It is very sensitive and if you're not careful you could VERY easily set it off when you don't want to (into a buddies crotch for example :rolleyes:)

slim and shady
03-26-2009, 07:26 AM
I would deffinatly get HPA, IMO its more important even then a new barrel

ditbu13oi
03-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the MR1 club. From what is posted from my thread, someone recommended a Lapco barrel instead of J&J.

The low blow bolt, whats the difference between the regular bolt, besides it being lighter and no lub?

Spring kit, wrap around grip, velocity adjuster screw, I'm not to sure about those since I'm a noob myself.

These items listed are what I found through the search button.
Fireball Mountain Delrin blade trigger
Scenario Dreams 25-gram trigger switch
Bob Long Intimidator ball detent

xxdavis06xx
03-26-2009, 01:24 PM
I cancelled my order on my barrel and grip since the grip wouldn't fit and picked up a 14" reds pepperstick barrel today.

slim and shady
03-26-2009, 05:05 PM
I think Vike used the pepperstick barrel and really liked it. I personaly like barrel kits myself.

xxdavis06xx
03-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Ok so now I have the new low blow bolt in, 14" pepper stick barrel, high velocity spring kit, and a velocity adjustment thumb screw. What else besides hpa can I do? Would a new valve help anything? Anything else at all?

xxdavis06xx
03-26-2009, 07:51 PM
I am really thinking about getting a rocking trigger for mine. Anyone have one? Will my low blow bolt work or should I get a different one?

irishwarrior
03-27-2009, 06:37 PM
I have a rocking trigger and again, strongly recommend that you do not get one, especially since you are a beginner. It takes an insanely small amount of force to trip the trigger, causing it to fire when you don't want it to. Also, a lot of fields/tourneys don't allow either rocking triggers or full auto.

slim and shady
03-27-2009, 08:08 PM
I really like how simple the MR1 is. you pull the trigger and it works, no batteries, boards ect. to worry about. But thats just me I left my MR1 a mech, really there was no need for another electronic trigger I have enough of those. Are you just looking for higher rates of fire? you could always upgrade your marker in ways to make it more co2 friendly if you plan on using that, it will make a big difference.

xxdavis06xx
03-27-2009, 08:45 PM
I am more for distance and accuracy and just making it what it can be. I dont play in tournaments or speedball. I just play with a bunch of guys on the weekend. I went ahead and bought a diablo spring kit today since mine hasn't came in the mail and a 32 degrees valve. I cant wait till tomorrow to try it out.

bigred76
03-28-2009, 01:03 AM
I hope your guys are chronographing too, Davis06... ;) The spring kit and valve mixed with a nice regulator will do real nice.

ProX
03-28-2009, 09:06 AM
I am more for distance and accuracy and just making it what it can be. I dont play in tournaments or speedball. I just play with a bunch of guys on the weekend. I went ahead and bought a diablo spring kit today since mine hasn't came in the mail and a 32 degrees valve. I cant wait till tomorrow to try it out.

You're distance will be the same as everybody else's. The distance is a function of the speed of the paintball. In this case (everyone's for that matter) the speed of the paintball is measured at the muzzle and limited to less than 300fps (feet per second). A good goal to shoot for in terms of velocity is about 275fps if you're on unregulated CO2. This is because liquid CO2 can cause spikes- setting is a little lower will help keep the spikes to a safer speed. As for the difference in distance between 275fps and 300fps, it's not as big as you'd think. It's only around 10 feet or so.

So to sum up, once you get your desired mods on it, take it to a field and have them help you chronograph it. It is also advisable to buy a small hand held unit to help others check theirs as well as adjust through out the day, as it will change with temperature.

Mitchell-MR1
03-28-2009, 03:49 PM
I have the low blow bolt for my MR1 and I use a rockign trigger and have put in a high flow cut valve. I have a hard time hitting crap with the marker because the balls have a funny spin and thay go everywere. I have also got a barel kit to help but it is not helping that much I am going to order a standard bolt in hope that will fix the aim trouble. But other than that I love my gun.

I shoot aginst a lot of smart part guns that cost $1,000 or more. These guys laugh at me untill I can out shoot them with a gun that costs a lot less.

ProX
03-29-2009, 08:16 AM
I have the low blow bolt for my MR1 and I use a rockign trigger and have put in a high flow cut valve. I have a hard time hitting crap with the marker because the balls have a funny spin and thay go everywere. I have also got a barel kit to help but it is not helping that much I am going to order a standard bolt in hope that will fix the aim trouble. But other than that I love my gun.

I shoot aginst a lot of smart part guns that cost $1,000 or more. These guys laugh at me untill I can out shoot them with a gun that costs a lot less.

Have you had it chronographed since the changes? If so, how fast? Also what kind of paint are you using and how old is it?

Mitchell-MR1
03-29-2009, 06:08 PM
I use new paint - I am a dealer for Nelson and I get it a couple of days before the event from the factory. I usally shoot EKGs for Nelson. Yes I have had it chrono around 290 or so. I can not slow it down any more. I have a very weak spring, out of a 5 year old marker. The trouble with the speed of the marker is because I pollished in internals so they slide very nice now there is not enuff drag to slow the marker down any more than that untill the polish is worn off.

Thanks for the help

ProX
03-30-2009, 05:36 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't think the low bolt is causing the problems.

What kind of fit do you have with the current paint? You could also try different paint.

Ace24
03-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Since you are new I would definitely NOT recommend the rocking trigger. It is very sensitive and if you're not careful you could VERY easily set it off when you don't want to (into a buddies crotch for example :rolleyes:)

Some fields also don't allow it because it's considered an illegal modification due to the fact that it has two micro switches instead of one.

Mitchell-MR1
03-31-2009, 05:49 PM
yes but it is a lot of fun to shoot really fast with a cheap gun. I would check with your field to make sure that you are allowed to use the rocking trigger before you get one.

irishwarrior
03-31-2009, 07:03 PM
You could shoot the same speed using a legal trigger by walking it.

slim and shady
04-01-2009, 06:45 AM
:yeahthat: Why not grab something you dont need to worry about (where you could play with the rocking trigger) just get a normal electro and call it good.

xxdavis06xx
04-01-2009, 07:58 PM
I picked up a evolution 3 loader with z board today and it works awesome.