PDA

View Full Version : balance valve Q

halfbreed69
03-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Can you replace a balance valve in a v2 to a standard turbo valve ,,or is the vlave camber bigger .

ferret15
03-22-2009, 08:39 PM
say that again?

balance valve is same dia. as the rest of the valve but longer and more stuff going on.

halfbreed69
03-22-2009, 09:14 PM
i know its the same size dia. i was woundering if a regular tubo vlave from other type spyders will fit in it ,,sent the length is different .would the valve hole in body line up .

ferret15
03-22-2009, 09:21 PM
no speaka der engrish?

wats a tubo valve?

If you were to replace a stock spyder with the balance valve, you would need a mini striker, spring kit, different retaining screw, remove that pin that is in the spyder bodies.

If you were to replace the balance valve setup for something else, i hope you have a AKA or Rocket valve and a slim striker to replace it with a different retaining screw.

ferret15
03-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Can you replace a balance valve in a v2 to a standard turbo valve ,,or is the vlave camber bigger .

Can you replace a balance valve that is in the VS2 with a standard valve or turbo valve or is the valve chamber bigger?

finally deciphered it, unless you meant to use camber in relation to some angle that you are thinking of.

bigred76
03-22-2009, 09:32 PM
I am sorry, but I cannot fully understand your post. From my understanding though, you are wondering if a Tubo Valve will work in the VS2? As the VS2 is designed for the Pressure Balance, I do not know for a fact what will happen, but in the best case scenario, your marker's performance might drop. The pressure balance system is what allows it to run at such a low pressure stock. By replacing that with any other valve system, you are essentially downgrading it and making it require a higher operating pressure to run.

If that does not answer your question, please post again with more precise spelling and grammar about the pertinent parts so I can help further.

EDIT: By "Tubo Valve" are you referring to this product by Taso? http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1145/

DRAGON
03-22-2009, 09:38 PM
no speaka der engrish?

wats a tubo valve?..

You noob :D

It's teh exact same valve as a Magnaport distributed by a different company -

Don't understand why he'd want to downgrade but ya, teh Turbo would fit in the VS2. It would be up to you if it'd work -

halfbreed69
03-22-2009, 10:25 PM
ok ,,iam sorry ,i dont look while iam typing .but anyways .i was woundering because the balance valve really doesnt do much in the lowering the pressure ,,my old spyder se i had running at about 180 psi with a aka tornado valve and ligther spring and palmer on it.i took the valve out and the extra camber is just some else to leak .so if i read right ,the gun is the same length in the valve camber ,so if i use the internals from a stock spyder like a pilot or what not .it should work .i got extra hammer from older guns ,,i just dont like the valve idea ,they got rid of it pretty quick if it was really worth it .

DRAGON
03-23-2009, 07:11 AM
......i was woundering because the balance valve really doesnt do much in the lowering the pressure.........i just dont like the valve idea ,they got rid of it pretty quick if it was really worth it .

The valve does just fine lowering the pressure. Using the lighter striker reduces recoil as well. That's a fact Jack. ;) I think the reason for the BV's short life is the mere fact that the public couldn't handle it. Little Joey want's an inexpensive marker but knows not how to maintain it nor cares to if he did. He doesn't lube the marker and all hell breaks loose at Kingman CS(irate calls and e-mails) since there are a lot of little Joey's out there. The valve is a bit finicky and needs to be properly maintained. Of course, it's Kingman's fault little Joey doesn't properly maintain his marker :dodgy: so.........

ferret15
03-23-2009, 07:22 AM
yes sadly that must be the troof!:( I like my balance valve and couldn't justify using anything else, its handle CO2 just fine. I have an AKA valve but its not going in my vs2 cause if it not broke don't fix it.

halfbreed69
03-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks ferret & dragon . that the response i was looking for .i will just keep the valve in it .