PDA

View Full Version : Tiberius First Strike paintballs

XSiv Force
03-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Alright i have recieved.....dont ask me how :dodgy: a tube of First strike of paintballs. Now since i am too cheap :dodgy: to send $200+ on a pistol i decided to muzzle feed it into my pump piranha.

First Glance:
Shock at how the feel. Like a marble thinking im going to break someones facemask....or punch through somebodies body :D

First Shot:
When i shoot regular paint inthe piranha it shoots roughly 270 FPS
With out changeing the pressure the first shot with the first strike cronoed at 320 FPS
Adujusted it down so it would shoot 280 FPS.

First played game:
Since Muzzle loading pused in with a hard barrel squeege.......first shot roughly 150-175 feet away.........i missed :( not because of the paint or the gun because i forgot what i was shooting......So with 7 remaining i had to pace myself. Second shot same target same distance......hit its target dead center of mass :shock: 6 remaining. onto a western town.......not so sure if i want to use them here so i brought one......field is 20 yards X 50 yards......Shot from corner to corner through a gallows set up in middle found targets head between eyes.. Have decided to retire the rest to save for another day.

Post game:
Asked the people i shot how the felt.
Body shot: Like being shot from close distance like 10-15 feet.....noticeable hit......Bruise recieved same as normal paint ball
Head shot: Very load bang.....Major clean up job on mask.....Mask V-Force still good

I dont want to say the retail price because im not sure if they are out on the market...PM ME..... I would give them a 9.9/10 because nothing is the perfect but they are some of the best as far as accuracy

druid
03-23-2009, 12:09 AM
take a shot on a mask lens ON CAMERA at 20 feet and show me that it didn't crack it. The tail piece is after all plastic. I've got a pissing match going on over on the A5and X7OGs about how UNSAFE I believe these to be....

jim762
03-23-2009, 05:40 AM
I will be getting a tube of these. I won them on the tiberius forum in a marker contest. I am going to try them out in my T9. I'll let you know my opinion. Oh yeah Xsiv, after the initial $200 for the pistol, you need $149 for the upgrade kit.

XSiv Force
03-23-2009, 12:31 PM
i know theres a reason i dont have one........the back ISNT plastic....its actually the same material as a normal paintball........from 20 feet with either ball or the sniper round they woul both have the same chance of cracking the lense

Critical
03-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Simply put, I believe it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

XSiv Force
03-23-2009, 05:00 PM
or is it the question of which there is no answer

RSX99
03-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Simply put, I believe it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

I actually think it's a great innovation. Truly gives you the ability to perform in the sniper role.

druid
03-24-2009, 12:47 AM
..oh God....

XSiv Force
03-24-2009, 11:59 AM
where is bigred O_O

druid
03-24-2009, 01:48 PM
where is bigred O_O

hiding from the soon-to-be snipers......... :whistling: .............

bigred76
03-24-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm right here. I'm actually intrigued by this projectile and might just pick up one of their markers to test it out. It's a MUCH better idea for a rifling design than I have ever seen on the paintball market.

I think y'all are morons for thinking it will make you a better player or "sniperz" (OMGZ!!!ONE!!!1!!!), but the product's idea and design is solidly based.

druid
03-24-2009, 05:20 PM
I think y'all are morons for thinking it will make you a better player or "sniperz" (OMGZ!!!ONE!!!1!!!),

but the product's idea and design is solidly based.

Agreed

and

...yeah.....as less-lethal ammunition for riot and crowd control....

ferret15
03-24-2009, 05:36 PM
or it will force you to conserve ammo and aim better =]

bigred76
03-24-2009, 05:52 PM
...yeah.....as less-lethal ammunition for riot and crowd control....

Pepperball filling! ;) I could imagine this being the new riot-control Less-Lethal method. Tasers only work so well, but with these babies combined with pepperballs, the officers could fire from further back accurately, reducing the risk of injury for them.

Ferret, don't make me lump you in with the morons... Paintballs are NEVER going to be as accurate as a bullet, and thus, you will always need more shots to get an "out."

ferret15
03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
well i'm not jumping on the bandwagon just yet, but if someone can prove it truly out performs well matched paint at normal distances, then this would be perfect for a pistol that is at a disadvantage from the beginning.

i'd rather shoot shoot a few more anyway just to make sure i got the hit. I've never had a real problem with accuracy. I will target practice every now and then just to keep myself entertained on uneventful days. Last time I went a friend challenged me to a "dual" with one shot at a time; We did that about 10 shoots worth and I had 100% hit, he had 10% hit.:D

jim762
03-24-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm right here. I'm actually intrigued by this projectile and might just pick up one of their markers to test it out. It's a MUCH better idea for a rifling design than I have ever seen on the paintball market.

I think y'all are morons for thinking it will make you a better player or "sniperz" (OMGZ!!!ONE!!!1!!!), but the product's idea and design is solidly based.

I love it when Red shows up...lol

RSX99
03-24-2009, 06:46 PM
I stand by my initial post. But I think you read too much into what I said so let me clarify. When I say performing in a sniper role, I'm referring to someone that is well concealed for an ambush. This is where the improved accuracy will boost the effectiveness of said ambush.

You will have to help me wrap my head around this one Red. How can increased accuracy not equal better player ability/ skill?

bigred76
03-24-2009, 11:56 PM
So what you're train of thought is that if I use one of my main markers, the Angel A1, and you have one of these T9's with this round, that I could NOT win simply because I do not have the better round? Let's relate this to real firearms (bear with me, I have a point). I'd have the M249. You'd have the R700 with iron sights (to take out the Sniper aspect and relate to more realistic paintball aiming). What do you think would win? Come on, bolt action vs OMFG gun. The R700's more accurate, sure, but what does it matter when you're lit the hell apart??? You miss, you're ****ed. I miss, I have AT LEAST 20 more behind it to destroy you. You understand now why accuracy does not matter as much in the game of paintball?

Now, about concealment... Do you breath? I'd hope so! That movement, along with the slightest bit out of place with the nature around you gives your position away. You are now essentially a sitting duck, ready for chopping it's head off, plucking it's feathers, and tossing on a rotisserie spit. And, if you do get the chance to get a shot off, at the distance you're shooting to try to get me, I'll dodge it. Bump up from tree to tree in a random manner, get within range for my marker, snap you so you're down, and just let loose. Takes a bit longer for me and quite a bit more paint, but it still gets the job done.

I could come at you with a pump and still win. Why? Experience, intelligence, and practice. Those three aspects are NEVER affected by a marker's abilities. Sure, it helps to have a marker that can help you to achieve the fullest of your abilities, but... I don't need it. I'm too busy laughing at people Nicky Cuba style as they walk off the field to the deadbox and yelling at the spectators to "watch this."

DFSniper
03-25-2009, 02:58 AM
You will have to help me wrap my head around this one Red. How can increased accuracy not equal better player ability/ skill?
because you're sacrificing speed for accuracy. while its great to have a dead-on shot every time, 5 seconds in between shots isnt exactly feasible when you have someone shooting back at you. so unless you can learn to dodge paint while reloading, i dont see how it could increase your skill

RSX99
03-25-2009, 04:20 AM
So what you're train of thought is that if I use one of my main markers, the Angel A1, and you have one of these T9's with this round, that I could NOT win simply because I do not have the better round? Let's relate this to real firearms (bear with me, I have a point). I'd have the M249. You'd have the R700 with iron sights (to take out the Sniper aspect and relate to more realistic paintball aiming). What do you think would win? Come on, bolt action vs OMFG gun. The R700's more accurate, sure, but what does it matter when you're lit the hell apart??? You miss, you're ****ed. I miss, I have AT LEAST 20 more behind it to destroy you. You understand now why accuracy does not matter as much in the game of paintball?

Now, about concealment... Do you breath? I'd hope so! That movement, along with the slightest bit out of place with the nature around you gives your position away. You are now essentially a sitting duck, ready for chopping it's head off, plucking it's feathers, and tossing on a rotisserie spit. And, if you do get the chance to get a shot off, at the distance you're shooting to try to get me, I'll dodge it. Bump up from tree to tree in a random manner, get within range for my marker, snap you so you're down, and just let loose. Takes a bit longer for me and quite a bit more paint, but it still gets the job done.

I could come at you with a pump and still win. Why? Experience, intelligence, and practice. Those three aspects are NEVER affected by a marker's abilities. Sure, it helps to have a marker that can help you to achieve the fullest of your abilities, but... I don't need it. I'm too busy laughing at people Nicky Cuba style as they walk off the field to the deadbox and yelling at the spectators to "watch this."

Look Red, you're going off on a tangent here. Let me explain.

A. I never mentioned anything regarding someone using a T9 with these rounds as being a superior opponent. I merely said it would improve their game via better accuracy.

B. Regarding a rifle versus a machine gun like your above example. Of course if the rifleman misses, his chances of eliminating his target are drastically reduced if he is spotted. But, if the rifleman remains concealed, he has another chance to pick off his target or move to another position.

C. We may be butting heads on this one but I believe a true woodsballer would understand how and when to use concealment. For example, just read APG, they usually have articles regarding the aforementioned being used in conjunction with an ambush.

D. Here's where your arrogance really shines. You blatantly say you're more intelligent and experienced, yet you really know nothing about me. I thought you were above name calling, but seems I was mistaken. There are so many other ways to approach a subject you disagree on and be professional at the same time.

E. This is just my opinion, but you seem to be coming across as the typical speedballer > woodsballer player. I don't know you but it seems as you play speedball either more or vice woodsball. I love both and play both twice a week.

F. Regarding reloading time. DF I thought Tiberius has a magazine upgrade for T9s just for this product.

This is in no way an attack on anyone's opinions. I wanted to clarify my stance. As for Red, up until this point, I thought very highly of you for your contributions to these forums. I may be taking this conversation out of context and I hope that's the case.

especiialypsycho
03-25-2009, 05:57 AM
Tim is more of a Speedball oriented guy, and sometimes he does come off as kindof an ass, But he's a great guy, knows his **** form experience, and he does drive like a crazy man, but I believe he does deserve some respect, SO lets keep it nice guys.

RSX99
03-25-2009, 06:38 AM
Tim is more of a Speedball oriented guy, and sometimes he does come off as kindof an ass, But he's a great guy, knows his **** form experience, and he does drive like a crazy man, but I believe he does deserve some respect, SO lets keep it nice guys.

I tend to agree that he's a great guy and posts like these seem uncharacteristic of him.

ferret15
03-25-2009, 07:02 AM
well i play woodsball like a speedballer then and most of the woodsball "cover" is some of the worst cover ever. The cover in the woods are the worst, either your stuck in cover like "forts" and "bunkers" with no chance of leaving but your safe for the time being. The rest are trees and bushes most barely big enough to hide if your under attack. Movement and fire power when needed is the the key. My first shots will be a little more conservative and after that i'm done playing like hide and seek and i'm using that "saw" to either buy me cover or get them out.

I wouldn't play with these rounds if i was playing with a guy like tim around, if there were too many noobs i'd give it a shot just for fun pretending to be a sniper because odds are these noobs could also be barrel tagged in the woods too.

druid
03-25-2009, 07:36 AM
Pepperball filling! ;) I could imagine this being the new riot-control Less-Lethal method. Tasers only work so well, but with these babies combined with pepperballs, the officers could fire from further back accurately, reducing the risk of injury for them.

Ferret, don't make me lump you in with the morons... Paintballs are NEVER going to be as accurate as a bullet, and thus, you will always need more shots to get an "out."

The FN303 rounds already come like that. One round model has pepper, another has perm paint, one has washable paint and the 4th is their water/training round.......................and NONE of them are a joke to mess with.
And tasers work VERY well......provided both probes are properly embedded in the suspect/inmate. Hell, it dropped my Captain (Navy Seal) like a bad habit and I screamed like a little gurl that just got stung by a hornet......

Reluctantly I have to agree ;)

---------------------------------------

MY point on this round is that the back fins, during a "hard target" test (plywood wall) DID NOT BREAK. Upon the shooter's inspection, it had sharp and jagged ridges on the edge that [his words] caught his skin and seemed as if it would tear flesh.

What is that going to do on the throat and how much kinetic energy still remains in that cylinder (the fins seem to be a structural integrity mechanism on a cylinder/cup)? The tester's description forces me to envision a hole saw.
How does that affect mask lenses...because we ALL know some idiots in our groups that don't change their lenses like they're supposed to.

I'm extremely skeptical about these rounds and their safe use on a paintball field.

RSX99
03-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Druid, do you work in a jail/prison or are you a police officer?

XSiv Force
03-25-2009, 12:13 PM
thought to my self hey i got these i know people want to hear about there performance.......little did i know the carnage this would spurn OH dear god what have i done

bigred76
03-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Lol, I'm sorry, I guess I was a tad harsh in my wording... it was 1:30am and I was tired... :D I apologize if I was that harsh.

Druid works in a prison.

Paul: What I meant is that you can fire one of those in pepperball form and go onto the next target/suspect/prisoner. With a taser, you're committed to that one target/suspect/prisoner. Sometimes officers just don't have that opportunity.

EDIT: A few more thoughts, since I was in a rush typing this original post, and don't feel like double posting.

Alas, I'm an *******, born and raised. ("on the playground I spent most of my days..." name the show!) I keep it to a minimum but based on my experiences with woodsballers throughout my time playing this game has led me to believe they are a near-hopeless kind. There are the few (like yourselves reading this) that actually do get out of the woods and can understand more than just running around in camouflage (bit much to say for Paul, but I'm sure he'll roll with it :D). Those kind of people I can respect. The rest are worthless morons, and morons are something I just cannot stand.

From that, I have learned to play the game as it's meant to be played: hunt down your prey and beat it into submission. This ruthless style of play keeps me being one of the above-average players around here (I'm in California, so that's pretty damned good seeing as we have the Bushwackers, XSV, Dynasty, Aftershock, etc etc etc). I am methodical and careful in my ways, and that keeps me alive and able to keep on playing in the game. That is one of the key aspects of a playing style: balance. You cannot be too over-aggressive and just get blown apart, but you cannot stay in the back watching everyone else. I like to think I'm at the happy medium, the nubes being overaggressive, and the "snipers" being the dumb-asses chilling in the back and not doing too much.

I agree, there is a place for a back player to cover movement, but this is woodsball. There is no need so long as you are a good enough player to know when to let loose and when to conserve. You obviously aren't going to open up and shoot a hopper at someone standing out in the open looking dumbly at their compass. Just run on down and shoot his ass a few times after checking for others.

What I meant when I said that I had "experience, intelligence, and practice" was that those three ideals affect a player more than any marker will. So long as the player has down those three, he could be rocking a TigerShark and still be whooping ass out on the field. I didn't mean it to sound so direct as an assumption of your abilities, but it seems my fingers typed something I didn't mean to say... :o

As far as APG goes, I half-ass agree with you. I think that their articles are more designed for the new player audience, and are quite weak for what I want to do on a field.

Here's an interesting tidbit... I wear red/black gear when I go playing, woods or speedball. Half the people I oust never see me coming. It's all about how you move, not what you wear. Sure, clothing could help (ghillie suits with Scout Snipers), but this is paintball... Lol!

And yes, I do drive aggressively. I want to get somewhere today, not in a week. :D Although, those crazy drivers that come into my lane don't help much...

Well, I'm done adding stuff on. :)

RSX99
03-26-2009, 04:10 AM
No harm no foul Red. Like I said before, I figured this wasn't very characteristic of you.

especiialypsycho
03-26-2009, 06:39 AM
Alas, I'm an *******, born and raised. ("on the playground I spent most of my days..." name the show!)
Fresh Prince, am I right? What do I win?

And yes, I do drive aggressively. I want to get somewhere today, not in a week. :D Although, those crazy drivers that come into my lane don't help much...

Now that's a story they need to hear, tell them whilst I attend school Tim.

I agree whit Tim on the clothing part, as long as you know how to move I could care less what you wear, hell wear a frickin bunny suit if you want but as long as dyou keep moving and stay hidden it won't really matter.

RSX99
03-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey Druid, do you work in county/ state or fed? I'm leaning towards state or federal due to the equipment you have at your disposal.

bigred76
03-26-2009, 11:24 PM
AJ got it, it was a Fresh Prince reference. Also, what I meant by that was the time we were going to BAP and we went past it, so I took that city street back and that truck started to come at us, hahaha.

slim and shady
04-23-2009, 01:50 PM
wish I would have seen this thread earlier now I feel im to late to contribute, but as for the safty issue druid check out these pics to back what you are saying.

http://milsimempire.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=5116&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

druid
04-23-2009, 06:14 PM
thanks slim, I'll use those

slim and shady
04-23-2009, 06:51 PM
you bet, im not sure I would use them not after seeing those pictures.

HelpDeskHustler
04-24-2009, 03:58 PM
I want to see a flatline owner get a "good idea" :dodgy: and try to use one of these...

irishwarrior
04-24-2009, 05:00 PM
I think that the fact that this guy was going around sleeveless made this partially his own fault, and at 30 feet a normal paintball would do something quite similar to bare skin.

XSiv Force
04-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Exactly

druid
04-24-2009, 05:21 PM
but at 250 fps.......not in the 300+ that we all KNOW people will play at...

DFSniper
04-24-2009, 05:33 PM
I think that the fact that this guy was going around sleeveless made this partially his own fault, and at 30 feet a normal paintball would do something quite similar to bare skin.

irish, on warm days i play in a t-shirt. no sense in sweating my ass off for a little added "protection". i have to agree though, while most people will have at least one layer of clothing on, what about neck/chin/head shots?

slim and shady
04-24-2009, 06:12 PM
^that is my issue with it, if you got that sucker in the neck, ouch. All that being said this may just be an outside chance only time will tell, until then I dont support the rounds. To bad all in all they would be nice to try shy of the could/couldnt be safe factor.

XSiv Force
04-24-2009, 06:17 PM
i believe they are AS safe as normal paint balls my only problem with them is the price

ferret15
04-25-2009, 06:20 AM
i believe they are AS safe as normal paint balls my only problem with them is the price

thank you, i'm not as worried but i'd like to give them a try at least once just for fun.