PDA

View Full Version : leak in trigger frame

dynastykiller08
03-22-2009, 03:55 AM
so just what the title says guys I have a leak BUT its before my air is even hooked up completely..I start to screw my tank on and right when its near ready to be on enough to get air I hear a leak sound and feel air escaping from the little hole where you adjust the trigger..but the screw is still there??? any body had this happen??? thanks in advance

slim and shady
03-22-2009, 09:49 AM
does it stop when you cock the marker.

ooglieboogliebob
03-22-2009, 01:39 PM
You may have put the valve in backwards. Check for that and let me know.

dynastykiller08
03-23-2009, 07:34 AM
ok..no it doesn't stop when I cock it...I put the tank all the way on just to confirm that (and lost half a tank in 30 secs..lol)...and negative on the valve being backwards also...??? thanks for the suggestions..anybody else??? ideas????

ferret15
03-23-2009, 07:37 AM
you have a bad o-ring or a bad cupseal, and then even less likely chip in the valve seat!

check the o-ring on the body first, maybe replace or lube it.

Babalui
03-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Thats a little hole that servers as a releif for excessive pressure, right?

I would say that air passes trough/around the valve freely. Check the valve and the pin. Something is missing, is worn out, or is incorrectly positioned.
Remove bolt and striker and take a look (from the rear) if the valve pin is correctly protruding from the valve. Maybe the valve pin is not seated properly? The air is escaping too fast for a small leakage.

dynastykiller08
03-23-2009, 02:16 PM
well I have replaced the cupseal and it still does the same thing, only thing i seen when i opened it up to do so was where the guide goes in the hole in valve (body)? it doesnt look completley round looks kind of dented inward?? ill try to take a pic of it in a bit. p.s. i lubed the the crap out of everything!!! still nothing...this gun is basically brand new..i bought it in march or whatever it was of last year its the mr2 w/eye i used it like 5 times this is the first it has been attempted to be used this year. i have lubed it once a month throughout the time it sitting.

slim and shady
03-24-2009, 02:05 PM
shouldnt be the cup seal or it would leak out the barrel. I would say its not seating properly in the calve or the valve got damaged.

dynastykiller08
03-25-2009, 04:21 AM
thanks for all the help guys..I have sent it in to be fixed under warranty...although I have a BIG game coming up in april..and doubt it will be back to me by then...so im gonna go ahead and add another gun to my collection and buy the Tiberius T9 CQB ST..should be great...once again thanks and talk to u guys when I get my spyder back.

bigred76
03-25-2009, 04:23 AM
Well, this is just plain odd. I've never heard of a fluke this bad before, Kingman's Quality Control department is normally excellent. I know I'm a bit late to help, so I'd just like to wish you luck in this big game you have coming up! Remember to bring lots of water!