PDA

View Full Version : Which Barrel Should I Use for Sonix

AHaLoGrUnT
03-22-2009, 01:28 AM
Well, I'm wondering if I should use the barrel that it comes with (9.5 inches) or some other one I have (12 inches). I would use the 12 inch barrel but it's silver and the other one is black which matches better.

Would it really make a huge difference if I used the shorter barrel?

bigred76
03-22-2009, 01:45 AM
Well, it doesn't so much matter about the length given that it is a usual length (8" through 16"), it matters more about the honing. Using whichever barrel is better made is my suggestion for you. I'd also look into an aftermarket barrel such as a Progressive, J&J Ceramic, or CP One-Piece if you want a good performing barrel that matches (if you look around I'm sure you can find one in the right color).

ooglieboogliebob
03-22-2009, 12:49 PM
If it is a stock barrel, refrain from using it. It's trying to shoot a potato gun at 100 ft away. There's exceptional, if that, boring and is pretty awful.

Another barrel I fell exceptionally in love with, the Lapco Big Shot.

Barrels that are the most bang for your buck will most likely be the SP Progressive barrel though.

ferret15
03-22-2009, 01:27 PM
The blue one, choose the blue one!

aftermarket barrel for sure! J&J ceramic. 12" 1 piece barrel, new about 30bucks, used i've gotten one for 20 bucks shipped before and i'm sure you can find em cheaper