PDA

View Full Version : 32 degress Magnaport Valve problems

DRCeccato
03-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with the 32 degrees magnaport valve leaking. After I installed the valve I found that it was leaking. I did manage to verify it was the valve by stripping away everything so that there was just the valve and cap in the marker and it was still leaking air.

I've tried replacing using the stock valve pin, 32* high-flo pin, stock cup seal, 32* cup seal, a ACP delrin bullit seal, and all 6 combinations of of the above.

I tried pulling the o-rings off the stock valve and putting them on the 32* valve, tried tri-flo oil on all the sets of rings, Dow 33, wrapping the "ring grooves" with teflon tape but nothing seems to seal it off.

Any one have any ideas. I'm trying to move to a lower pressure system using the high-flo valve. Rocket valve will be the next step if nothing else works but I'd rather not have to go that route (yet).

Any one with other ideas?

battlechaser
03-22-2009, 05:51 AM
how long have you let the valve seat in the gun before you aired it? Sometimes the orings take a little while to swell.

DFSniper
03-22-2009, 07:21 AM
it doesnt leak with the stock valve?

DRCeccato
03-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Battle, the valve has been sitting in the gun for a few weeks before airing up and that's when it started leaking. I then pulled it out cleaned the tube and swapped o-rings and tried airing it up again - still leaking. I made sure to clean the tube and rings every time I removed the valve.

DF - it doesn't seem to leak with the stock valve and stock valve pin/cupseal but I find I'm better taking the regulator off if I run stock internals as I need the higher pressure, which I'm trying to get away from.

DRAGON
03-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Appears that you've done almost everything. Only other thing I could think of is there's a dent on the ridge in the front of the valve body. If there is you can sand it out by laying fine sandpaper on a flat surface then scrape the ridge on it till the ding is gone. Nuther thing is if you're not still using the cup seal guide it can leak too -

BTW, big hole front and small hole back, right? -

mrpain
03-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Relevant or not. My stock valve was leaking, I found a small set of dinks in the valves inlet ring, I used 320 then 400 wet-dry sand paper on a flat surface being careful to keep pressure even and making sure to rotate it each slide so it didnt develop an angle.
Then I wend one better by polishing it with a ceramic knife sharping stone, it shines like a mirror now, and after putting a new CO2 Air Source to it, I put the whole gun under water and no bubbles !

Take a magnifying glass and look at the surfaces..

Mitchell-MR1
03-28-2009, 03:54 PM
You need to look at the cut valve pin. When I got my is was doing the same thing. I found that the pin was just a little to long compared to the factory pin. I ground it a little shorter and now it works just like it was ment to. It took me forever to get it but take it a little at a time and you will get it. If you do not want to cut the one that came with the valve you can use the facotry pin in the cut valve.