PDA

View Full Version : Dummy 88g tank ?

mrpain
03-18-2009, 07:24 PM
I mod'd my MR1 so that I can only use the 88g CO2 tanks and a remote line for anything bigger.

Well after messing with it some I'd like to make or have made a dummy 88g tank so that it has a quick release fitting in the back to use a remote line but keep a tank on the gun to keep its balance....

Anyone ever see this ? Would it also act as a large expansion chamber ?

They are very thick at the butt of them so it should have no probs threading it..

TheDarkShadow
03-19-2009, 04:51 PM
hmmmm, i'm not sure if i would do that

slim and shady
03-19-2009, 09:52 PM
of all the people on here with crazy ideas you take the cake. Always interesting reading what your scheming about next.

mrpain
03-20-2009, 08:21 AM
of all the people on here with crazy ideas you take the cake. Always interesting reading what your scheming about next.

I hope thats a good thing ? Well the Air Source to the adapter holds the pressure just fine, I'd permitly seal the adapter to the 88g tank, drill and tap the butt end and install the nipple.

Use the 88g tanks at home. Get to the field I pop in the dummy tank and remote line and shoot.

All this came to be as with me sitting in my wheelchair the stock setup hit me in the gut , I wanted to move the tank as far forward as possible and up, no drop forward can do that.

I was going to just screw in the remote line to the ASA but the gun looks great with the 88g tank, Sooo why not put a Q-connect on the tank ? Its plenty thick enough on the bottom ?