PDA

View Full Version : Velocity Adjuster / Sonix - Do I need to adjust it?

umich2950
03-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm new to paintball and recently bought a Spyder Sonix (a great gun for the money I might add), but I have no idea what to do with the velocity adjuster. Is the gun ready to shoot right out the box? Do I ever have to mess with this velocity adjuster? If I accidentally turn the adjuster should I be worried about turning it back? And if I do need to adjust it, how would I go about doing it? I've searched the net and read through the manual, but I can't find anything. Thanks for the help!

ooglieboogliebob
03-11-2006, 07:19 PM
well the marker should be able to shoot right out of the box ... and the velocity adjuster ... screw it in till it locks ... assuming you still have the retaining screw ... but try chrono'ing it :)

umich2950
03-11-2006, 07:37 PM
well the marker should be able to shoot right out of the box ... and the velocity adjuster ... screw it in till it locks ... assuming you still have the retaining screw ... but try chrono'ing it :)

I still have the retaining screw, so I guess I'll just screw it in. What exactly does that do? Also, do I have to adjust the retaining screw at all? Thanks again!

"chrono'ing it?"

ooglieboogliebob
03-11-2006, 07:42 PM
umm... the retaining screw ?? ... it just keeps the velocity adjuster locked ... nah just don't touch it :) .. it'd fine the way it is :) .. umm and the velocity adjuster increases and decreases the velocity .. (fps or .. feet per second)

Chrono'ing means to measure the amount of FPS it's running at .. the fields limits usually fluctuate between about 270 - 300

ad0131065
03-11-2006, 07:43 PM
dont screw it all the way in, only like 2/3rds the way inand then lock it in place. if you screw it all the way in your velocity will prob be too high.

umich2950
03-11-2006, 08:10 PM
umm... the retaining screw ?? ... it just keeps the velocity adjuster locked ... nah just don't touch it :) .. it'd fine the way it is :) .. umm and the velocity adjuster increases and decreases the velocity .. (fps or .. feet per second)

Chrono'ing means to measure the amount of FPS it's running at .. the fields limits usually fluctuate between about 270 - 300

Thanks, and sorry the question wasn't worded very well. I assumed that the retaining screw kept the adjuster locked, but for some reason I was still questioning the adjuster. Oh well, thanks again!

umich2950
03-11-2006, 08:11 PM
dont screw it all the way in, only like 2/3rds the way inand then lock it in place. if you screw it all the way in your velocity will prob be too high.

Thanks, now I know why it wasn't shooting at a high fps right out the box.

umich2950
03-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Is there any way to approximate what FPS I'm at without the use of a chronograph?

ooglieboogliebob
03-11-2006, 11:46 PM
umm.. take 91 feet back to a target .. that'll measure to roughly about .. 275 fps .. just let it hit the bottom of an object ..

druid
03-12-2006, 12:24 AM
the next purchase you should make is a chronograph. If you play with friends, collect 10-15 bux from each and buy one....Radarchrons are about $75...which are the "most accurate, at a fairest price" chrony you'll get.

ooglieboogliebob
03-12-2006, 09:24 AM
yep, but if your friends don't want to split the money ... try getting one for maybe 20-40 bucks .. not the most accurate ... but it does give you an idea