PDA

View Full Version : q-loader mess

sonik
03-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi,

I ran about 200 rounds through my MR-2 today.

I have:

ACP mr2 terminus bolt
palmer female stabilizer
urethane detents
q-loader
CO2 (don't flame me...)
Draxxus Midnight paint (it is VERY old, but the shells are still tough)

The first pod was a mess. I wasn't watching the feed neck of the loader pod and I cranked past without putting a ball in quite a few times... Also, I think I didn't put the right length of hose on feed neck. I will fix it so the last ball in the feed hose is flush; thought I did that already... maybe I measured it with the bolt forward... The end result was broken balls in the neck, pod and breech... total marker soup.

I'm going to get some new paint (Draxxus, Diablo, or Marbs) and try with 2 less prewinds...

Any advice?

slim and shady
03-17-2009, 09:01 AM
-New paint, stiffer shelled q-loaders are pretty rough
-make sure your hose is the right langth with no sharp kinks
-try not to have any gaps when loading the pod
-pre-fill the hose part of the system before locking a q-pod on.

sonik
03-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Gotcha...

I'm going to get a case of Marbz or Draxxus... we'll see what I can get out here... most likely Draxxus... it seems to be the choice right now out here...

Babalui
03-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Fill up few pods with small number of balls, less then 1/4, for testing. One of my pods was working fine up intil 1/3 was left, then it stuck (haven't investigated the cause yet).
What kind of feedneck elbow you have? If original plastic, how is it fastened to feedneck? Vibrations kinda tend to loosen up the joint, and that may change the lenght of setup. Just the other day I was testing Q setup on MR1, and after some 10-15 rounds I was sprayed with balls - elbow loosened up and everything streamed out in about 2 sec.
Then, how many balls are swallowed in the tube setup? I've noticed that when there is more then 10-12 balls, Q pod manages to push balls for additional 1/2 ball. This depends on how soft the balls are, and how much the tube setup is curved.
And, yes, preload the tube manually. You can prevent paint breakage, and you can simulataneously check for correct length.

slim and shady
03-17-2009, 09:37 PM
marbs have a softer shell got with draxxus

sonik
03-18-2009, 05:11 AM
I use the SP-8 mod (90 deg metal elbow and clamp) ... I can get 8 balls in the tube. and even when I push them fairly hard they only go just a little past flush... light pressure makes the last ball flush.

I'm ordering a case of Draxxus for high-rate fire guns (silver or midnight) and i'll try with 1/3 loads... Anyone know how you reset pre-winds? Does not seem to be covered in the manual. I was going to call q-loader today (or email) and see if my questions could be answered...

Thanks for your help guys. This could be really frustrating to a new player; marker soup is a pain. :D

Babalui
03-18-2009, 06:20 AM
Sounds that your setup is OK, lenghtwise. As I understood it, correct tube length prevents Q-pod chopping, and correct previnds are related to bolt chopping.
You can reset the spring only if you disassemble it completely, then rewind it from scratch.
I've play with HPA only, and have no idea about CO2 effects on Q-loader.

Paint quality is important. I'm also PB noob, and was seriously tempted to make a wallpaper out of my Q-loader during first few weeks after I got it. Be patient and start everything from the begining, but do not bother with anything until you get new, fresh and high quality paint.
Few weeks ago I've tried with Rage yellow/black dripplets, and that was a BIG mistake. Paint was old and brittle, I didn't preload the tube (15 balls) and the second ball went completely through the first one :P
Only other serious problem was related to Q-pod chopping on very old RPS polar ice paint. Paint went through some serious temperature changes over the winter and was heavily deformed (it rolled almost like dice over the table, hehehe).
It is worth setting it up properly. On my first game with it (MR2) I was accused of using full auto :D Then I showed them what a full auto really looks like :D There was some loud (and worried) gulping after about 5 secs of complete silence that followed my demonstration :D

Yup, wait for new paint, and then check the tube lenght again. Until then try some dry firing (do not connect CO2), and practise Q-pod removing and inserting. Does not help with setup, but is good for nerves :)

sonik
03-18-2009, 10:10 AM
:) I've been playing paintball probably longer than some of the guys on the board have been alive... I have used primarily pump guns (all there really was when I started)... I got my MR2 about 4 years ago, just using semi, then last year I started looking into being able to sustain full auto with it ....

but i'm certainly a tyro with the Q-loader... it seems very straight forward once you get the setup correct... I got some paint free from the guy I bought the MR-1 from... but i haven't even bothered to try it... it looks like cheap crap.

Sounds that your setup is OK, lenghtwise. As I understood it, correct tube length prevents Q-pod chopping, and correct previnds are related to bolt chopping.
You can reset the spring only if you disassemble it completely, then rewind it from scratch.
I've play with HPA only, and have no idea about CO2 effects on Q-loader.

Paint quality is important. I'm also PB noob, and was seriously tempted to make a wallpaper out of my Q-loader during first few weeks after I got it. Be patient and start everything from the begining, but do not bother with anything until you get new, fresh and high quality paint.
Few weeks ago I've tried with Rage yellow/black dripplets, and that was a BIG mistake. Paint was old and brittle, I didn't preload the tube (15 balls) and the second ball went completely through the first one :P
Only other serious problem was related to Q-pod chopping on very old RPS polar ice paint. Paint went through some serious temperature changes over the winter and was heavily deformed (it rolled almost like dice over the table, hehehe).
It is worth setting it up properly. On my first game with it (MR2) I was accused of using full auto :D Then I showed them what a full auto really looks like :D There was some loud (and worried) gulping after about 5 secs of complete silence that followed my demonstration :D

Yup, wait for new paint, and then check the tube lenght again. Until then try some dry firing (do not connect CO2), and practise Q-pod removing and inserting. Does not help with setup, but is good for nerves :)

ferret15
03-18-2009, 10:19 AM
and thats why i would rather spend my 100+ dollar on the magna and the like. I believe in the KISS rule and q-loader doesn't appear to follow suit. While tempting because of the obvious advantages but the difficulty of use seems a little to hard for pratical use.

slim and shady
03-18-2009, 06:31 PM
^the loader is unique(SP) its unlike anyother loader thats why it presents its challenges once you know and understand it its just as reliable and good as anyother loader. except you dont have to worry about changing the batteries.

sonik
03-18-2009, 06:36 PM
^ I would have to agree... All of the other loaders on the market seem more vulnerable to problems... I won't shy away from a little setup learning curve. My MR-1 setup is rock-solid and giving me no problems with semi-auto. I guess I'm trying to push the limits getting the most out of my full auto that I can.

sneekypete
03-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Iwon't shy away from a little setup learning curve

Yes I does take a bit of a learing curve and it is deffenatly not a plug in and play loader but once you get through it there are some advantages to the Q-loader
Clean line of site down your gun is my favorate. :D