PDA

View Full Version : opinions please.

LiquidSteel
03-15-2009, 09:27 AM
im tryin to decide what to do. i have a marker now with macroline and my Epilot has steel braided line. i use co2 in both guns. my macroline on my marker needs replaced "used line on used gun" should i stick with macro or convert to steel braid?

what are the ups and downs of using 1 over the other? macroline is cheap and seems easy enough to install braid aint so cheap but not hard to install either.

whats you opinion?

oldironmudder
03-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Ive been using the same piece of braided stainless line for years now with now trouble. Give I take care of it along with everything else.

To me, if you like your current set up and/or a little rough with your gear, run stainless. Now if you like to change stuff around alot or just short on money, run macro.

Paintball Freak
03-15-2009, 06:06 PM
I'll send you some new macro line (blue or black) for 3 bucks shipped

bigred76
03-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Macro is easy to install and use, and lasts a very long time. Steel braided hose lasts FOREVER, but requires it's orings at the fittings to be lubricated every so often, lest it leak. I personally LOVE macroline, and won't be going back to steel braided hose anytime soon.

Which part of your macro is leaking? Sometimes it can be fixed with a little spittle on the end (not joking, it works). Is the hose itself too short?

xsvly-fat
03-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Which part of your macro is leaking? Sometimes it can be fixed with a little spittle on the end (not joking, it works). Is the hose itself too short?

Also sometimes the macro line is just a little worn out and needs the end cut off.

davmitchell77
04-27-2009, 06:49 PM
i think they both have thier uses. i will use macro on projects, finicky markers, or any situation where i'm constantly taking stuff apart. once stuff is the way i like it, i tend to install braided line. macro is available in several colors, braid is silver, sometimes black. however, you can cover the braid with colored heat-shrink tubing. somewhere around here i have a few bits of macro that have blown out, so it does happen. that's something to consider as well.

my wife's marker has color matching macro and fittings. it's apparently important to coordinate when your guarding a flag, 500m from an opponent.

shawn22stl
05-10-2009, 04:47 PM
12 inch macro lines sell for $ 1 from macrolineguy.com, if your not replacing this 1 dollar piece after a year of play it be your fault if it fails. I replace mine if it gets too many nicks. Cant put a price on safety, my local shop owner was playing and his blew up and cut his arm. His day was finished and he replaced all his markers macro lines. One cord is good enough for 2-3 replacements.