PDA

View Full Version : heh...THIS is why we shoot Ions.....

druid
03-14-2009, 01:29 AM
http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&safe=off&q=ion%20q%20loader%2030%20bps&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

...because they don't get much faster than that :D

LostCause
03-14-2009, 05:36 AM
wow.......that...was quick.....

DFSniper
03-14-2009, 05:51 AM
my timmy could do that with the right settings...

battlechaser
03-14-2009, 12:26 PM
my timmy could do that with the right settings...

And maybe an ACSO/Race/WAS solenoid, the stock Alias one is only rated to about 25bps, the Marqs are at about 28 w/ 4C.

Hell, for any gun, that Ion is impressive.... Never thought I'd type Ion and Impressive in the same sentence though.. well.. at least formed as a compliment. :p

bigred76
03-14-2009, 12:33 PM
My Borg did 35bps. Come back and show me an Ion doing that and I will admit that they work well. ;)

ferret15
03-14-2009, 01:06 PM
i'd like to see a few cases of paint go through it not 100 balls.

DFSniper
03-14-2009, 01:08 PM
agreed. wonder what size tank you would need for that...

ferret15
03-14-2009, 01:11 PM
well you could get a couple of tanks if need be, but at least run through an entire tanks. with out problems and then i'll think about it. But then again thats not a stock ion and your not just some ordinary ion user either? :evilgrin:

xsvly-fat
03-14-2009, 04:47 PM
I don't think most Ions can shoot that fast...

TheDarkShadow
03-14-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't think most Ions can shoot that fast...

YES THEY CAN :dodgy:

XSiv Force
03-14-2009, 05:34 PM
i just crapped my pantalones

Ace24
03-15-2009, 02:05 PM
agreed. wonder what size tank you would need for that...

well you could get a couple of tanks if need be, but at least run through an entire tanks. with out problems and then i'll think about it. But then again thats not a stock ion and your not just some ordinary ion user either? :evilgrin:

A properly upgraded and maintained ION can get over a case off a single 68/4500 fill... so... I don't get where you're thinking it would take tanks? The point of being able to shoot that fast is to get like 20 balls off at once and to do it in bursts. At least that's what I'd use it for.

ferret15
03-15-2009, 02:39 PM
? The point of being able to shoot that fast is to get like 20 balls off at once and to do it in bursts. At least that's what I'd use it for.

right i trust his ion can and will do just that and over many cases of paint. But I'm no ion owner and have hear 90% bad things about it. If it can do 20bps i want to know can it do it over and over again with out breaking down.

bigred76
03-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Wait... CO2 + Ion = bad... *scratches head*

:foreheadslap: He'd be using his 114/45 Hindenberg on it, which he got ~4,000 shots with his previous Ion on it. He'd be using his pair of CO2 tanks on his A5.

druid
03-15-2009, 02:54 PM
A properly upgraded and maintained ION can get over a case off a single 68/4500 fill... so... I don't get where you're thinking it would take tanks? The point of being able to shoot that fast is to get like 20 balls off at once and to do it in bursts. At least that's what I'd use it for.
Exactly.
right i trust his ion can and will do just that and over many cases of paint. But I'm no ion owner and have hear 90% bad things about it. If it can do 20bps i want to know can it do it over and over again with out breaking down.

That "90%" of 'bad things' you hear about Ions are usually tracked back to user-related problems. They either don't understand what they are doing - or simply don't care - and then give a decent marker a bad rep, for no good reason. It's easier to blame "a shoddy product" than it is to admit they fail at marker maintenance or pick the wrong upgrades to try and make it better.
The only "trick" to the Ion before or after upgrading is MAINTENANCE. If you keep up on it, she will run laps around any other marker in its class...and some in the "class higher" category.
The trick to making it efficient is replacing the [stock] board with something with better adjustment settings, adding a GOOD QEV and a lighter bolt. That's it. The reg is FUGly but works decently enough to do a good job [when broken in properly] and the rest of the upgrades are simply immaterial to the marker's efficiency (except perhaps a barrel).

My red/black Stage 5 got 3700 shots off my 114/45...ran at 90psi for 280 fps. It shoots a consistand 25 bps (when I chose to shoot that fast) accurately. It weighs less than 2.5 pouinds with ALL the upgrades on it (not that that really matters). That's almost as good as any high-end marker. It never chopped and was as quiet as a church mouse. What more does one need?

Ace24
03-15-2009, 02:56 PM

Since when do ION's break down? They're tanks. Besides being touchy when it comes to batteries... I've never experienced any real breakdowns.

nastystankweed
03-15-2009, 04:03 PM
I have had a few ion brakedown's and I wouldn't ever buy one again. I lubed and maintained it regularly. Those banjo fittings love to leak.

druid
03-15-2009, 04:29 PM
I have had a few ion brakedown's and I wouldn't ever buy one again. I lubed and maintained it regularly. Those banjo fittings love to leak.

Well, banjos are wear and tear parts. As far as them leaking...that's either because someone stripped a thread off or they simply wore down from the constant in-and-out process. When Teflon taped like they are supposed to be, there's never a leak unless it's got SERIOUS problems. They are just smaller versions of macro line fittings. They will wear out over time.

...and then there's that ONE marker of an entire batch that has an issue...not even Angels or Borgs are exemt from that. It happens and dare I say that the Spyder community has had MORE than its share of 'markers with issues".......? I may even be as bold to say that, "Spyders have had more issues than Ions".......and that's based upon the fact that I have been a member of this board for at LEAST 6 years....and on IO for about 5. I'm not calling out Kingman, nor am I dogging you so please don't get me wrong. I see in both forums issues with markers (because I do research before making a purchase) and my own perception is that Spyders (MR series in particular) have more mechanics issues than the Ion does.
Most (MOST) Ion issues are user-related issues.

Paintball Freak
03-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Thats some awezome speed!

But does anybody honestly shoot that fast in a speedball game?
I don't really see what the point of shooting that fast is, except for bragging rights, = P

Still awezome though, very nice!

TheRedBarron
03-16-2009, 05:17 PM
I agree that most Ion related complaints are based on user related problems. Very similar to the rep cockers had back in the day. It is because they come at a price that makes it generally the next gun you purchase after owning a blowback and getting addicted to the sport, most Ions out there are not maintained because the user simply has no idea how to maintain a marker that is more than just a striker and a bolt inside of a metal sleeve, any untuned marker is going to have issues...

While I am not here to state that the Ion is a high end marker at a low end price tag, because it simply is not. It certainly is much more marker than people give it credit for, and with a few hundred dollars worth of upgrades it can be a very good marker.

XSiv Force
03-16-2009, 05:27 PM
here here

Ace24
03-17-2009, 11:03 AM
While I am not here to state that the Ion is a high end marker at a low end price tag, because it simply is not. It certainly is much more marker than people give it credit for, and with a few hundred dollars worth of upgrades it can be a very good marker.

Hehe. Just build one from scratch.

druid
03-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Hehe. Just build one from scratch.

Well, I think he was referring to buying a new/stock Ion and upgrading it with a few hundred $ in ups...

but you are right...it's a lot better to buy the parts piece-meal and create what you want without the excess baggage of selling off the stuff you don't need...and no one else wants...

Here's my latest acquisition that I'm rebuilding...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/Ion/Silver%20Stage%205/100_4605.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/Ion/Silver%20Stage%205/100_4604.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/Ion/Silver%20Stage%205/100_4602.jpg

...and when I'm done, I'll have another marker running at ~90 psi @ 280 fps and shoot as fast as the one I posted in the original link. And it will look better too.........lol.

Right now I'm fishing for parts on IO. I need a board, grips (and 2 grip screws) and a new (different) reg (hyper 2 or 3 or Evolve Pi-style). I already have on the way, accent pieces in Dust black - Clamping feed neck, eye cover and BOB cap. I'm looking for a nice CP razor drop in dust black to finish it off.

So then I'll need a hopper to keep up with it....Halo/Reloader B....although the Reloader B that I had on my red/black one didn't hear/feel the marker fire and worked only haphazardly.......lol.

Ace24
03-18-2009, 09:44 AM
That is strange. I've never had any issues with my Reloader B sensing my GC Scorpion ION.

bigred76
03-18-2009, 05:04 PM
It's probably because when Paul talks he's so loud that it's above the sound of the marker, and when he turned on the ReloaderB it sensed that noise level as the base threshold and didn't read the marker's firing.

TheDarkShadow
03-19-2009, 04:57 PM
get a magna and put an RF chip in it

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 03:00 PM
My RSX can do that easy....

battlechaser
07-02-2009, 04:07 PM
My RSX can do that easy....

I find your lack of :dodgy: disturbing...

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 07:18 PM
I find your lack of :dodgy: disturbing...

Really?

My RSX fires that fast with my CP feedneck upgrade and my Halo B hooper with a Victory Board and Rip Drive.

TheDarkShadow
07-02-2009, 07:30 PM
vids or major shens

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 07:32 PM
vids or major shens

???

TheDarkShadow
07-02-2009, 07:39 PM
show me a vid, I don't believe it

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 07:45 PM
show me a vid, I don't believe it

Ok, so let me get this straight...

You don't believe, that a 30 bps marker, with a 35 bps hooper with a better feedneck will not drain a whole hooper in seconds?

Whats not to believe?

Ohhh, I also have a Pure Energy remote with a Pure Energy tank, although those two things mean little...

But what is more amazing, is that an RSX out of the box with only a $25 upgrade and a nice hooper can perform like that.

Paradox313
07-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Ok, so let me get this straight...

You don't believe, that a 30 bps marker, with a 35 bps hooper with a better feedneck will not drain a whole hooper in seconds?

Yep, that's about the just of it.

ferret15
07-02-2009, 07:54 PM
After you provide us with a video that can be analyze by a few people confirming in fact that your RSX can shoot 30bps in of course what ever mode you choose and not break any paint, then we will be happy to give you credit for your claim that nobody else in this extensive community is claiming.

Potential does not equal Reality.

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Yep, that's about the just of it.

LMAO...

You guys kill me...

Anyone live in the New England area?

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 07:57 PM
After you provide us with a video that can be analyze by a few people confirming in fact that your RSX can shoot 30bps in of course what ever mode you choose and not break any paint, then we will be happy to give you credit for your claim that nobody else in this extensive community is claiming.

Potential does not equal Reality.

Who said I could shoot 30bps? My three fingers are not that fast...:p

I said I could drain an entire hooper in seconds, just like the guy shooting the souped up Ion in the video, the difference is, my RSX is not souped up.

bigred76
07-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Reviving an old thread by a friend of mine only to insult his marker by comparing it to a mere RSX is rather disturbing to me. Start your own topic to brag about your marker next time, please. That way, I don't have to come around and find a good friend's thread mucked up and can just ignore yours since you do not know e-etiquette.

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Reviving an old thread by a friend of mine only to insult his marker by comparing it to a mere RSX is rather disturbing to me. Start your own topic to brag about your marker next time, please. That way, I don't have to come around and find a good friend's thread mucked up and can just ignore yours since you do not know e-etiquette.

Sorry, didn't know saying my marker could do that too was bad mannored.

If you see it that way, than you took my post out of context, which is understandable since I'm new and you don't know me from a hole in a wall.

But believe me man, my mission isn't to come in these forums and cause ruckus. I'm here to learn more and to share what I know and if me telling another poster that my marker can do the same thing his can is going overboard, than you need to work on reading others with a more open mind and not become self indulged with emotions with a simple reply.

And lets not act like I had to dig that far to read this thread, I went 4 pages deep....

BTW, it's good to see you make a dig at my RSX, I'm sure I could easily paint you up with it. You take your over paid for marker and I'll take my RSX and still paint you up.

The marker doesn't make the player my friend, the player makes the marker. You respect the player, the marker is nothing more than a tool, which only goes as far as the players skill can take it.

So many people with souped up tippmans, tommies and borgs will talk alot of trash; it is rather funny how quick it stops when they are covered with your paint at the end of the day.

Why pay top dollar for great performance when you don't have to? Bragging rights? That doesn't get you the kill in battle....

ferret15
07-02-2009, 09:26 PM
your digging deeper by making the assumption that we wouldn't use another spyder against your RSX in a game if that was the case.. but its not and nobody really wants to have this argument. So before you go and jugde us based on guns we may or may not have with skill that you may or may not have, why don't you not try to compare how big your "member" since we are not here to do so.

otherwise, glad to have another new member.

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 09:52 PM
your digging deeper by making the assumption that we wouldn't use another spyder against your RSX in a game if that was the case.. but its not and nobody really wants to have this argument. So before you go and jugde us based on guns we may or may not have with skill that you may or may not have, why don't you not try to compare how big your "member" since we are not here to do so.

otherwise, glad to have another new member.

I do alot of reading on these forums, before I even joined.

1. I know Red has a borg and likes to put down guns that don't match up in his mind (I have read it more than once now).

2. I know you own a Tommy and prefer it to you other (less expensive markers).

Now, I am not telling you, that I would rap any of you head to head. But you better believe my RSX will paint you just as good as your "more expensive" markers will paint me.

If you took out a lesser quality marker than mine to play me, the same theory is used.

Point I'm trying to make, the marker means little, my buddy had a one shot at a time pump and he would take out the guys with angels with ease. It's about how good you are, not how good your marker is.

If you wanna buy a more expensive marker to just say you have one, cool stuff. But don't think for a second it matters who has the more expensive marker when we are both bunkered down spraying eachother.

I have a woods course set-up by me and my friends in my backyard, we have a group of about 10 guys who play every Sunday. This other group (who we all know) that plays in the neighboring city talked alot of smack and said they would kill us because they had the $$$ into all their guns and our guys where rocking Spyder's and Tippmans with minor upgrades. They came down, we played 8v8 and they didn't win one game all day long.

Now I will admit, I plan to fully upgrade my RSX to its fullest extent. When it is all said and done I will have a few hundred dollars into it. Does that mean my good friend with a stock RSX doesn't stand a chance? Heck no, he will paint me just as fast as I can paint him.

Now that you all know my paintball pet peeve, it's nice to meet all of you...:D

bigred76
07-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Sadly, I payed as much for my Dragon or Cobra G7 as you did your RSX. Although I love my Cyborgs and tell people about them, it is in a joking manner half the time. My last Cyborg is no longer mine, either. Critical owns it now. Nice try, though.

And, it's "Timmy," not "Tommy."

E-Etiquette dictates you start your own topic, spend some time around here before posting, and realize just who you are trying to talk down to. When you are new, keep the questions coming and don't make assumptions.

Another thing, since I got distracted whilst posting this and just read your post: I know it comes down to the player. It always, ALWAYS, helps to have a marker as reliable as an Angel or as consistent as a STP, as when the marker fails, the player is left helpless. Pump is another subject entirely. Come onto my field and we'll show you how we roll. Hell, I'll come to your field and show you how I roll. Every single player I know around here is serious about the game, and will bring the rain given a challenge. Give me an hour to walk your "field" and I will show you just what can be done on it.

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Sadly, I payed as much for my Dragon or Cobra G7 as you did your RSX. Although I love my Cyborgs and tell people about them, it is in a joking manner half the time. My last Cyborg is no longer mine, either. Critical owns it now. Nice try, though.

And, it's "Timmy," not "Tommy."

E-Etiquette dictates you start your own topic, spend some time around here before posting, and realize just who you are trying to talk down to. When you are new, keep the questions coming and don't make assumptions.

This is a public forum, I am not the kind of guy to hold posters on a pedestal because they have been here longer than I. I treat everyone the same and i hope other do to, that is what etiquette is all about.

Dude, I've read just about every thread (which aren't that many) in this site already. Look how many months ago I signed up before I even started posting alot.

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Give me an hour to walk your "field" and I will show you just what can be done on it.

Now that's what I like to hear...;)

ferret15
07-02-2009, 10:02 PM
I do alot of reading on these forums, before I even joined.

Now that you all know my paintball pet peeve, it's nice to meet all of you...:D

well you would then realize that this is a community not limited to the post on this forums that you are obviously welcome to join.

2nd, so much for reading, since the 1 timmy i never even tuned in, that ended up trading for a spyder and cash FYI, and don't forget the VS/RS style spyder upgrade to the extent that surpasses the RSX in upgrades, I no longer have as well. My current marker is a 08 pilot/electra combination.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg81/thefightingferret15/VS1/006-2.jpg

bigred76
07-02-2009, 10:06 PM
I don't care about post counts or join dates. I care about knowledge. The post count sometimes can indicate this, as mine does to start with. Alas, you have me on the reading part, as I cannot tell just what you have read.

As far as I remember, I respond to every one of your questions knowledgeably and as quick as I get around to them. Come to think of it, it was I who answered your first barrel question about the DYE UL.

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 10:17 PM
well you would then realize that this is a community not limited to the post on this forums that you are obviously welcome to join.

2nd, so much for reading, since the 1 timmy i never even tuned in, that ended up trading for a spyder and cash FYI, and don't forget the VS/RS style spyder upgrade to the extent that surpasses the RSX in upgrades, I no longer have as well. My current marker is a 08 pilot/electra combination.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg81/thefightingferret15/VS1/006-2.jpg

Nice marker!

Isn't it funny how all spyder markers look alike? :)

That marker has alot of features that look very similiar to my RSX.

And since you decked out your spyder, me and you need to start talking about the best ways to deck out my RSX. I want to get it as good as I can.

These are the things I already have for it:

CP feedneck upgrade
Halo B Hooper w/victory board and rip drive
Pure Energy remote
Pure Energy tank (3000psi)
J&J Edge Elite barrel kit (just ordered 5 mins ago)

Anything that is considered a "performance" upgrade I am willing to do. I also want to change the look of the marker (body) I just don't like the chrome that much, it sticks out like a swore thumb in the woods.

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 10:19 PM
I don't care about post counts or join dates. I care about knowledge. The post count sometimes can indicate this, as mine does to start with. Alas, you have me on the reading part, as I cannot tell just what you have read.

As far as I remember, I respond to every one of your questions knowledgeably and as quick as I get around to them. Come to think of it, it was I who answered your first barrel question about the DYE UL.

No doubt man, you've been extremely helpful and I am very thankful for it.

You deff. hold more knowledge than me, alot of things have changed since I was last into paintball, I got alot of catching up to do.

Hopefully you guys will guide me in the right direction... :p

ferret15
07-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Anything that is considered a "performance" upgrade I am willing to do. I also want to change the look of the marker (body) I just don't like the chrome that much, it sticks out like a swore thumb in the woods.

Play as much as you can, there is nothing you can really do to it to significantly improve it. I played with ridiculous polished markers and what ever i happen to be wearing.

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Play as much as you can, there is nothing you can really do to it to significantly improve it. I played with ridiculous polished markers and what ever i happen to be wearing.

Doesn't need to be a "big" improvement. I just always thought it was fun to buy a solid marker and switch things up.

It makes it so your marker has your "stamp" on it if you will. Gives you something to talk about when you get to the course, when everyone else is talking about what they have done to their markers.

battlechaser
07-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Really?

My RSX fires that fast with my CP feedneck upgrade and my Halo B hooper with a Victory Board and Rip Drive.

Considering the fastest Spyder I've heard of is was a highly modified Esprit with an aftermarket (ISP??) board running a tyco/RC car battery (about 1600mAh, higher than any regular 9 volt you can find) with the 14 gauge tyco connector soldered directly to the board (extremely low resistance so there's no current drop at the solenoid which chokes ALL sear-tripping Spyders for speed), no, your near stock RSX can't hold a candle to it. And he was only shooting a confirmed 23 bps (look up Nerobro on PBNation).

Don't get me wrong, I love Spyders, they're workhorse guns, but you can't compare a gun with a $200 MSRP to something that's be entirely customized.

This is my last post on the subject in this thread, if you want to continue this either start your own or take it to PMs.

power_hitter18
07-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Considering the fastest Spyder I've heard of is was a highly modified Esprit with an aftermarket (ISP??) board running a tyco/RC car battery (about 1600mAh, higher than any regular 9 volt you can find) with the 14 gauge tyco connector soldered directly to the board (extremely low resistance so there's no current drop at the solenoid which chokes ALL sear-tripping Spyders for speed), no, your near stock RSX can't hold a candle to it. And he was only shooting a confirmed 23 bps (look up Nerobro on PBNation).

Don't get me wrong, I love Spyders, they're workhorse guns, but you can't compare a gun with a $200 MSRP to something that's be entirely customized.

This is my last post on the subject in this thread, if you want to continue this either start your own or take it to PMs.

hmmm...

Guess you haven't seen an RSX fired yet...

EDIT: BTW, The RSX is much higher than $200, but try to through some more digs at it, it will easily paint you up.

bigred76
07-03-2009, 03:51 PM
My Cobra G7 was $235. My Dragon was $250, and came with a tank and Halo shell. I think your logic with higher-end markers costing more is misguided. Granted, that's not what they're worth now with the work I put into them, but the base price beats your near $400 input for your RSX.

The RSX is a Spyder. They cannot shoot higher than 30bps. It's simply impossible. The mechanics of the system are not accurate enough to ensure a solid 30bps, much less a solid any other number. It's all mechanical, and thus will never be as accurate from shot to shot or as quick as any EP marker.

Plus, the HaloB rarely, if ever, hits 30bps without significant modification.

power_hitter18
07-03-2009, 04:03 PM
My Cobra G7 was $235. My Dragon was $250, and came with a tank and Halo shell. I think your logic with higher-end markers costing more is misguided. Granted, that's not what they're worth now with the work I put into them, but the base price beats your near $400 input for your RSX.

The RSX is a Spyder. They cannot shoot higher than 30bps. It's simply impossible. The mechanics of the system are not accurate enough to ensure a solid 30bps, much less a solid any other number. It's all mechanical, and thus will never be as accurate from shot to shot or as quick as any EP marker.

Plus, the HaloB rarely, if ever, hits 30bps without significant modification.

Once again, I never said 30bps, all I ever said is I can empty my hooper in seconds.

Which is 100% true. And when I am done re-doing my RSX, I'll bet anyone here it will fire 25+ bps (which I will never use anyways, because I'm a tactical player not a sprayer) in a consistent mannor.

All I know, is that I emptied 200 rds in seconds at the amazment of all my friends. Now how many seconds you ask? My guess is around 7 seconds, although no one was timing.

ferret15
07-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Video or Shens on EVERYTHING your want to admit to.

Now please stop. There is nothing you can say to prove to the entire community that you are right, because we are all telling you that you are wrong. Now we understand your reasoning but you are far from the first person to think this.

Once again Make a new thread about YOUR gun and provide us with a video of your claims

bigred76
07-03-2009, 06:47 PM

Whats not to believe?

Yes, I believe you did say 30bps. Also, it's "hopper" with two P's. Get out a stopwatch and try again. If you can empty a hopper in 8 seconds, I'll be unimpressed. If it's 7 seconds, you might startle me a little, much like I was just startled when I got an email and my laptop went "PING!" in a nearly silent room.

power_hitter18
07-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Yes, I believe you did say 30bps. Also, it's "hopper" with two P's. Get out a stopwatch and try again. If you can empty a hopper in 8 seconds, I'll be unimpressed. If it's 7 seconds, you might startle me a little, much like I was just startled when I got an email and my laptop went "PING!" in a nearly silent room.

Does the advertisement from Spyder not say this marker can do 30bps? Ohh wait....it does...

Also, before I even bought the marker I watched a video of one of the pro's from Spyder shooting the RSX at 30 bps.

Now, as I said before, my three fingers can't move fast enough for that. So for me, no matter what the equipment is it ain't happening. Unless of course I have an auto uncapped setting and just hold my finger down until it is empty.

What I do know, is I cleared my hooper (that's for you bigred) out in less than 8 seconds.

If you choose not to believe me, that's fine. I am most certainly not going to lose any sleep over it.

power_hitter18
07-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Video or Shens on EVERYTHING your want to admit to.

Now please stop. There is nothing you can say to prove to the entire community that you are right, because we are all telling you that you are wrong. Now we understand your reasoning but you are far from the first person to think this.

Once again Make a new thread about YOUR gun and provide us with a video of your claims

Ohh no not shens...:rolleyes:

Why make a new thread? Is this some of your first times on forums or something? All the OP did, was give a google search to video's of fast shooting markers, it wasn't about his own gun. The thread topic was about how fast a gun shots, it fits perfectly fine in here.

I will do a video, once I'm done upgrading my gun. But until than, there will be no video, because I know how this works. I show that my stock RSX can empty a loader in 7 seconds and I get a bunch of responses of how your souped up guns can do better.

Good to hear, too bad my gun is straight out of the box (will be my responses back) and than the whole thread turns into a tit for tat show.

When I feel my gun will be impressive against anyother guns, than I will post a video and watch all of you be impressed. Until than, I'm smart enough to stay out of the trap.

codymm1014
07-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Your gun can not possibly in any way shape or form shoot even 20bps. I will put money on the fact that you cant. Sorry. Its a Spyder. Nice gun for the BNIB price.

And video link to a "Pro shooting an RSX 30bps"? Id like to see that.

power_hitter18
07-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Your gun can not possibly in any way shape or form shoot even 20bps. I will put money on the fact that you cant. Sorry. Its a Spyder. Nice gun for the BNIB price.

And video link to a "Pro shooting an RSX 30bps"? Id like to see that.

WOW....

Do you live near the New England area? Because if you do, we are going heads up and I will laugh in your face when every inch of your body is covered in my paint at the end of the day.

RSX's can EASILY do 20 bps, don't get silly.

codymm1014
07-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Heads up. You use your beastly Spyder RSX and Ill use my pump. I dont need your entire body covered in paint. Just one shot to the mask.

Stop challenging people online. I asked for a link to the video.
Fastest RSX video I could find. Surely not 20. And I like Spyders, but stop comparing them to actual High-End guns.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFoaFjprwcY

Paintball Freak
07-03-2009, 08:33 PM
And I like Spyders, but stop comparing them to actual High-End guns.

They are just as compatible with "high-ends" though... Who says its fact that a guy with a DM9 will do better than a guy with the 08 Spyder Electra?

Being quite honest, I'd take the 08 Electra over an ION anyday...

codymm1014
07-03-2009, 08:36 PM
I would too. Im just saying an RSX is not a high end gun and can not shoot 20-25bps.
I agree that the gun has NOTHING to do with the player.

Paintball Freak
07-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Well only one way to find out... I'm gonna go buy an RSX lol

ferret15
07-03-2009, 08:45 PM
You know what I decided to do the math based on my understanding of the information you've given and I believe you.

Halo- 170 capacity

13.07 sec @ 13bps
11.33 sec @ 15bps
10 sec @ 17bps
8.94 sec @ 19bps
8.09 sec @ 21bps
7.39 sec @ 23 bps
6.8sec @ 25 bps

5.66 @ 30 bps

Freak: your RS will perform better with your tadao board as a better trigger control.

The RSX is a VS2 with a tadao board and obviously a better reg and ASA

Paintball Freak
07-03-2009, 09:03 PM
I know, just being sarcastic... = P

TheDarkShadow
07-05-2009, 09:12 PM
doods i will cover yo noob ass in paintz w/ma mech victor and VL quantum doin 40 bps. dont believe me come to the midwest :dodgy:

power_hitter18
07-06-2009, 08:33 PM
doods i will cover yo noob ass in paintz w/ma mech victor and VL quantum doin 40 bps. dont believe me come to the midwest :dodgy:

wow, our own forum stand up comic.... :rolleyes:

BloodLustAC
07-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Err so I'm only 7 pages late but that definitely did not sound like 30 bps... I'm sure the Ion could do it, considering the dry firing was fast, but the loader slowed it down to less.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8259701369931498373&ei=M-BSSvuUMcPrlQfI5dGoDg&q=ion+q+loader+30+bps&hl=en

That's gotta be 30+ bps. Ions are fast, there's no doubt about that, but there are lots of other guns that are just as fast/faster and have much better feel and quality parts to them. For the money they're good, but by the time you get a new board and bolt you could just buy a high-end.

timbertiger20
07-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Well.............some people seem to have great luck with Ions..........my team captain played with a Smart Parts sponsored team along side Smart Corps in the SPPL. I can tell you that their failure rate was high and that they were teched by SP techs. Not saying they can't be made into great guns. Curiously........how much money have you put into the Ion?

I have clocked all of our MD markers in excess of 30 BPS with good hoppers stock. I sent my parts kit taped to hell to the last SPPL and said only open my kit in an emergency. Kit is still taped and two of our guns went through 7 cases a piece over the weekend.

Is it still an Ion if none of the parts are from SP?

Ace24
07-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Well.............some people seem to have great luck with Ions..........my team captain played with a Smart Parts sponsored team along side Smart Corps in the SPPL. I can tell you that their failure rate was high and that they were teched by SP techs. Not saying they can't be made into great guns. Curiously........how much money have you put into the Ion?
There's your problem. SP, SP, SP...

I have clocked all of our MD markers in excess of 30 BPS with good hoppers stock. I sent my parts kit taped to hell to the last SPPL and said only open my kit in an emergency. Kit is still taped and two of our guns went through 7 cases a piece over the weekend.

Is it still an Ion if none of the parts are from SP?
It's still the basic function. My ION is all aftermarket accept for the board. But it's still an ION because of function.

Yep yep.

bigred76
07-28-2009, 10:11 PM
So what you're saying is that Thresholds and Geos are Ions because they work the same way? :p

Gotta pick on ya, Ted. :D

timbertiger20
07-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Technically unless the bolt is just a different material and not a different shape..............it's an Ion. If TechT makes a Droid drvietrain and it's different than stock..............it's no longer a Droid IMO. You might as well have bought a gun that doesn't need upgrades or has parts that don't wear out!

Ace24
07-29-2009, 01:32 AM
So what you're saying is that Thresholds and Geos are Ions because they work the same way? :p

Gotta pick on ya, Ted. :D

They work similar. Not the same way.

Technically unless the bolt is just a different material and not a different shape..............it's an Ion. If TechT makes a Droid drvietrain and it's different than stock..............it's no longer a Droid IMO. You might as well have bought a gun that doesn't need upgrades or has parts that don't wear out!
My bolt is a half bolt, and a different style system. In fact, I guess you wouldn't consider it an ION if you look at it that way. Also, if anyone wants to look back, I pretty much broke even on the Scorpion GC build.

PWNDuAgain
07-29-2009, 10:26 AM
You all bicker like little girls.

pb34
07-29-2009, 11:42 AM
You all bicker like little girls.

Weren't you banned?