PDA

View Full Version : Tiberius Arms T9

irishwarrior
03-10-2009, 04:54 PM
So, I'm thinking of upgrading from my MR1 to a Tiberius T9 Ranger. From the reviews they seemed decent: good efficiency, consistent, ergonomic, and of course how could you forget about that new First Strike Ammo coming out ;). I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with them and could let me know if they're worth it before I buy one. Thanks in advance!

slim and shady
03-10-2009, 06:20 PM
if you did get one would you sell your MR1 in stock form? let me know Via PM.

jim762
03-10-2009, 08:00 PM
I have one. Very nice marker!!! But they can be picky on paint. cheap paint will chop big time. I had to use all stars. Maintenance is easy once you get the hang of it. Pretty much like stripping a real fire arm. I went from an MR3 to the T9 and it totally changed my playing style. 2 others on my team have them and love them. I say go for it. Just keep in mind there are only few upgrades available at this time.
My T9 With an MR3 folding stock i modified:
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm140/jcbrower/IMG_8033.jpg

Sandman_Bravo
03-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Everyone I have talked to who has owned or used one loves it. It kind of has an underground cult following like Rocky Horror.
http://forums.tiberiusarms.com/
Enjoy!

Hob Hayward
03-14-2009, 04:34 PM
My brother has one, its great, but hes had some issues with chopping, cheap paint is definitely not an option. Clip fed has had no problems, but via a grav hopper, it chops sometimes (which is a big problem, as exploded balls in the chamber are ***** to clean out)... I dunno what the last situation was with it, but he only shoots marbs with it now. They also sent him a replacement for the inside twist lock barrel because of the chopping problems

irishwarrior
03-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I heard it was picky on paint. What makes the T9 so hard to clean? Is that something that is major enough to not buy it? And thanks guys for all the info, it's helped :).

jim762
03-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Its not that major that i would not recommend getting one. Its just when it chops, the paint goes everywhere. LOL. the first time its a little time consuming, but once you do it a few times its pretty easy. I watched my team mates tear his down, replace an o ring and have it back together in less then 10 minutes. But if you use good paint, set your velocity, and have a decent hopper, then chops are rare. I say go for it. The T9 is a fun marker to play with. One more thing. If you want a lot more info, go to the tiberius forum you can find out anything you want to know:

http://forums.tiberiusarms.com/

My apologies to the moderators for sending him to another forum, but in this case it can only help.

druid
04-23-2009, 07:36 PM
On all the other forums I've posted on about this round, I have not much that's good to say about it. My reasons come from the fact that I have extensive knowledge on the FN303 (we use 6 at work) and this round is not much different. I know what the unweighted, clear 303 training round does and for all intents and purposes, this thing isn't that different. I've argued that the fin cylinder on the back of the round WILL cause extensive or added damage because the construct of that fin is different than the front, that the added serrations fromn the inpact will cause additional damage to soft tissue and the fact that we encounter so many MORONS on the field that amp up their markers ON PURPOSE.......let alone those few that will spike from CO2 use.
Don't believe me? Look at this:
http://milsimempire.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=5116&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15
Can I let out the "I told you so" now or should I wait for later?

irishwarrior
04-24-2009, 02:39 AM
Druid, that post has no relevance to the discussion, if you must rant please do so in the thread about the First Strike rounds.

druid
04-24-2009, 05:22 PM
it is relevant when he wants to shoot the First Strike rounds through it. Like it or not, it applies here as it does anywhere else it is appropriate.

ferret15
04-25-2009, 06:19 AM
well i wasn't going to say anything but now i will.

Those fools that play with there velocity cranked up probably don't know as much about paintball and probably are going to be out of the loop when it comes to these rounds and from my personal experience they aren't going to be able to afford expensive paint ever.

DFSniper
04-25-2009, 07:11 AM
or theyre normal guys at the field who want that extra distance out of their guns. ive seen it happen, and its not fun to get hit by one.

druid
04-25-2009, 09:58 AM
well i wasn't going to say anything but now i will.

1. Those fools that play with there velocity cranked up probably don't know as much about paintball and probably are going to be out of the loop when it comes to these rounds
2. and from my personal experience they aren't going to be able to afford expensive paint ever.

1. Never count on that
2. It only takes one to blind or kill someone.

irishwarrior
04-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Guys, guys, this is getting OT. I posted this thread to ask questions about the T9, not have a debate over First Strike or the dangerous behavior of other players. I apologize if this comes across as rude, but please move it elsewhere, thank you.

ferret15
04-25-2009, 10:40 AM
but the other thread went OT and i'm sorry, the effects of paintball that will be used mostly in the t-9 which happens to be the title of this thread still Topic. plus this thread was dead when druid got to it.

druid-

1- agreed but still a longer shot than most, no different them buying marbleizers or god forbid freeze there paint which is more likely than shelling out the cash to buy a "paintbullet" that is a pain to load in most guns. The fact that this is going to be used in t-9's for the most part and or by people who have thought about how they are going to use them will discourage more irresponsible uses of it.
2- it only takes one, but i'm more worried about a jackass and some frozen paint than these.