PDA

View Full Version : My First Event... NCPS #1

bigred76
03-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Well, the weekend before last I went out to the NorCal Paintball Series as a Press Photographer to take pictures. The two galleries in here marked Event #1 are the fruits of that labor:
http://www.bigredphotography.net/Paintball/722304

Sunday was REALLY rainy, so some of the pictures have blur, unfortunately.

Saturday was two-man young gunz and three-man beginner. Sunday was the five-man rookie and seven-man intermediate.

Paintball Freak
03-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Awesome! I really enjoyed the pics...

(All though I didn't really enjoy seeing a bunch of really young kids running around with Egos and Dyes) lol

xsvly-fat
03-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Good pictures!

bigred76
03-11-2009, 02:41 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments!

TheRedBarron
03-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Not bad Tim, I am going to have to hit you up on AIM sometime soon. I know a guy that you may like to take a few pointers from. Great work overall, hope it was fun.

bigred76
03-11-2009, 03:54 PM
It was all good on Saturday, everyone was friendly, weather was great, and the equipment worked just fine. Sunday was just plain hell, especially since I forgot to throw in my second battery or charge my first and it lost power in the middle of the finals. I'm definitely going to keep going at this, it's really a sweet gig.

Paradox313
03-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Aww man. That's why there were so many cars there :headbrick:....

I was going to Discovery Kingdom with my basketball team to meet the Kings, and have some fun, and we passed Midway. If I known that there was an Event there I so would have gone and watched. Dammit. I feel like an ******* now.

bigred76
03-11-2009, 08:21 PM
There was someone there filming Fancy with a video camera too. Don't remember his name, but it was definitely not American... I think he said it was Norwegian or some **** like that.

Next event you should come on out. :) It's a great event and it's certainly closer to you than Antioch.

Ace24
03-12-2009, 02:49 PM
*shakes head* Terrible. Absolutely disgraceful.

Haha. But really, get a new watermark. Thats about all you need to worry about now. Those photos are great. You've got some really good angles. I'm also impressed with the auto setting on the XSi. The camera has very good metering. I'd like to see what it could do in low light/indoor conditions.

Out of curiosity, how many paintballs did you have to dodge during the event to save your camera?

Oh and it's funny to see how the Army spends it's funding. :dodgy:

I wish I had a H2 with a 47" plasma and a sound system in the back. Oh and don't forget the 360.

bigred76
03-12-2009, 02:59 PM
H3. LOL! One of the teams is Army sponsored, so they came along to try to recruit, and had a throw-out at the end of the day for a bunch of sick ****. They forgot the generator, so there was no 360 or TV playing, just the music.

I got hit... so many times. One ****head couldn't shoot at the back right can to save his soul, so I caught a LOT of them from that. I got hit in the camera just about 6 times over both days. I was using a Kata E-702 rain cover, so there wasn't any paint on the camera, but still, kind of annoying to clean it all off.

As for the watermark, what're you thinking? I couldn't come up with a better one.

Ace24
03-12-2009, 03:11 PM
I bet you Dave or Rika could come up with a good PS job. I have a few idea's... but what you've got on there is too large. A bit distracting.

Whats this rain cover you're speaking of?

H3? Oh... looked like a 2 to me in those pics.

Ace24
03-12-2009, 03:31 PM
You had some really good dive photos on sun.

One of my favorites is IMG_1623. What the hell is going on with his arm? haha

IMG_1512 has some epic water effects too! Haha.

bigred76
03-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Kata raincover: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/316856-REG/Kata_KT_E_702_E_702_GDC_Elements_Cover.html

It doesn't show it, but the front part is the perfect length for my Sigma 70-200. The image shows the E-704 cover as well that is an extention for longer lenses.

Are you referring to his armband in pic 1623? Those two were actually mistakes, haha. I had set my ISO for the before and hadn't changed it, so it was set to 200 instead of the auto it shoulda been at due to the dark clouds and weather.

The watermark is so large because while it doesn't show in prints or downloads, it shows up nice 'n big when someone steals one of my images (already had an incident on PBN).