PDA

View Full Version : another chopper!

foxr1der31
03-09-2009, 02:18 PM
I know uve herd this already but i herd slim shady say instead of turning down ur velocity u should turn it up I need sugjestions and slim.

oldironmudder
03-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Problem?
Marker set up?

slim and shady
03-09-2009, 09:33 PM
first fox we need to know your full setup, your upgrades, air or hpa, loader ect. WE also need to know when it chops (shhooting fast, does it chop shooting slow, only in full auto ect.) What are you chronoed at. What condition are your detents. When you chop does paint go up the feedneck or not? give us all the info that you can and we will work the problem out.

Greenfield
03-10-2009, 04:59 AM
Type of paint might also be nice to know. I know we were having a terrible time last practice with a certain type of paint. Guys had the paint OOZING out of their eye covers.

foxr1der31
03-10-2009, 07:23 AM
stock mr2 with jj ceramic barrel that balls wont fit snug in, co2 and halo 32v

foxr1der31
03-10-2009, 07:27 AM
it chops when i target practice on three shot and full auto it mite if i finger role on semi but i don't remember it chopping with a extreme rage loader at 9bps

oldironmudder
03-10-2009, 08:01 AM
stock mr2 with jj ceramic barrel that balls wont fit snug in, co2 and halo 32v

32v? is that 32 volts?

If youe running a Halo, you should not be chopping. If you are it will prolly be towards the end of the hopper fill.

May people have had the same problem with Spyders chopping in modes other than semi. The best fix is not to use them & if you must use them, very short bursts.

foxr1der31
03-10-2009, 08:05 AM
my bad 35v halo B loader

oldironmudder
03-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Take the marker out for a day & use nothing but semi auto & always keep atleast 20 balls in the hopper & see if it chops.

Greenfield
03-10-2009, 08:11 AM
jj ceramic barrel that balls wont fit snug in

Please elaborate. Do the balls just "roll" out of the barrel, or are they really tight? You should be able to put the ball in the barrel and blow fairly gently, and they should come out. If you have to put all your might into blowing to get them out the barrel/paint match is probably your issue.

oldironmudder
03-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Please elaborate. Do the balls just "roll" out of the barrel, or are they really tight? You should be able to put the ball in the barrel and blow fairly gently, and they should come out. If you have to put all your might into blowing to get them out the barrel/paint match is probably your issue.

WOW!! That shows what kinda state my mind is in.

foxr1der31
03-10-2009, 08:24 AM
atleast 20 what? and yes they fall out of my barrel if it is unskred from my marker

foxr1der31
03-10-2009, 09:38 AM
my bad again im using a really small window and i couldn't see the word balls

slim and shady
03-10-2009, 09:57 AM
When you chop, does paint go up the feedneck?
Do you have the MR2 W/eye or ACS?
what condition are your detents in?
What are you chronod at?

Another problem will be co2 you should never run a marker with a high rate of fire on co2 that will contribute alot to the chops. what brand of paint are you using I need you to answear ALL these questions please.

foxr1der31
03-10-2009, 10:06 AM
a little goes up the feed neck not much and I hav the mr2 with eyes and its brand new and whats chronod?

foxr1der31
03-10-2009, 10:07 AM
it chops turni grade and walmart grade

foxr1der31
03-10-2009, 10:09 AM
i also dont know if it has anti chop on the a i forgot the name but the thing that pushes the ball out of the chamber and into the barrel as i see alot of people have springs inside theirs on mine its just hallow

slim and shady
03-10-2009, 10:28 AM
they have the MR 2 ACS version that has an atichop bolt. do you have your eyes turned on when it chops or off? Im starting to think you might be overriding your detents to if you hardly get any paint up the feedneck it could be double feeding and trying to shoot 2 at once.
You shouldnt be shooting your marker at anyone until you go to a paintball corse and chrono your marker under 300FPS or else you could really hurt somone. If your velocity is to high it will cause the paint to breake to. So you should do that first of all and see if you still have trouble with it chronoed to about 280.

EDIT: When you have something else you want to add and your the last one who posted use the edit button instead of posting again. its easier for us to fallow and we wont have to scroll all over to try to see what you are saying.

foxr1der31
03-10-2009, 11:41 AM
k i will and my eyes are always turned on i dont think my gun will shoot unless they are will it

ferret15
03-10-2009, 12:34 PM
he is saying keep paint in your hopper, at leats 20 balls or you could start to see some issues.

-if balls are rolling out, is it just one at a time or multiple, either way just check to see if you have the detent still in there.

-you gun can fire with the eyes off, it will be "blind" and most likely chop balls. I remember reading somewhere that when you use the other modes on the mr series the eyes turn off when you use the 3burst and full auto. you may want to look into that.

sneekypete
03-10-2009, 02:01 PM
-you gun can fire with the eyes off, it will be "blind" and most likely chop balls. I remember reading somewhere that when you use the other modes on the mr series the eyes turn off when you use the 3burst and full auto. you may want to look into that.

Thats on the MR-3 if I am not mistaken

ferret15
03-10-2009, 02:45 PM
but since the mr2 and mr3 have the same board wouldn't they have the same issue?

bigred76
03-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Time for me to weigh in... Are you prewinding your hopper? Basically, when you turn it on, are you making sure that the hopper is putting pressure on the stack of balls going into the gun? Your V35 settings... what are they? What mode of fire are you typically using? Are you completely cleaning the marker after each day of play, or are the eyes dirty? Is there any dry firing before it chops, like it shoots twice without a ball then chops? Specifics are nice.

I'm thinking that what's happening is that you are using a mode other than semi-automatic, turning off the eyes. When you get low into your hopper, the balls start to "popcorn" (think of popcorn bouncing around as it's being cooked) and not feed properly. As it does this, your marker chops the balls it cannot see.

slim and shady
03-10-2009, 04:04 PM
no the MR2 and 3 dont use the same board. The MR2 has eyes in all modes of fire including auto (I just checked my stock board that I put into my ACS version when I drilled it for eyes) so that wont be the problem. unless of corse the eyes arent working period did youcheck to see that they were? just turn your switch on (No air) you should here the gun clicking when you shoot. now cock the gun and the gun should stop clicking because the bolt is no longer blocking the eyes. then push the eye on/off button and it should release the bolt. tell us if the eyes are working.
I shouldnt have to ask this but I will anyway, have you bein oiling your marker after every use and cleaning it?

foxr1der31
03-10-2009, 04:15 PM
they dont role out if i take my barrel off and put a ball in it will role out but my detents are fine ive been taking care of it guys thats no issue and its not a ball feeding issue and red my mode is number four on my halo thats 28bps and slim did you ever say instead of turning the velocity down on the mr2 u should turn it up? should i do that and see how that go's or keep go n down?

slim and shady
03-10-2009, 06:18 PM
I would take it to a paintball feild and crono it at 280fps im not sure what its at now so I cant tell you if you should turn it up or down. But step one you have to crono it. If you can barrow or rent a HPA tank and see if that helps, im sure it will at higher rates of fire. Read your manual to to make sure you are using it with eyes ON. with your halo you shouldnt have problems so long as you have enough balls to compleate a stack so you dont get the popcorn effect Red was describing. Mine has never choped so I would crono first and try HPA. I also have an ACP 2oring bolt to help defeate blowback.
I threw a co2 tank on my gun and dry fired it on full auto (you should never do that) but I wanted to see a few things.
First I threw it on full auto and pulled the trigger (I was in my house at room temp) it was a matter of like 2 seconds and I could see large chuncks of frost flying out the barrel and out the feedneck. I also tried it on semi and walked it again after a matter of seconds the frost was all over. So I think HPA will help you alot. try it if you can get your hands on a tank. but make sure you crono first your velocity may be way way to high.

bigred76
03-10-2009, 11:01 PM
I would turn down the loader speed... It could be pushing down on the balls so hard that the ballstack's next ball is being pushed into the breech and getting it's bottom chopped off. It's highly possible with an E-Spyder.

foxr1der31
03-11-2009, 01:56 PM
i dont have an anti chop bolt even though it said I did u know where i can find one cause i cant find a stock one online i have to get one thats not from kingman can u tell me where and whats good?

slim and shady
03-11-2009, 09:06 PM
My bolt isnt ACS, Mine just has 2 orings either way check out Alamo city paintball they have a few different bolts for the MR2

-ACS bolt (I cant remember the name for it right now, Hat help me out!)
-2 oring (most popular)
-3 oring (is extreamly hard on detents)

I sugest the 2 to defeat blowback but maby in your case a ACS bolt would be better.

bigred76
03-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Do you mean the Terminus?

http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/kingman.html

slim and shady
03-11-2009, 09:21 PM
:yeahthat:

sneekypete
03-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Thanks Big Red. Ya its called the Terminus. Sorry for the slow reply

foxr1der31
03-12-2009, 06:29 PM
thx guys i ordered one today on the 12 of march ill see how it go's when it gets here if not yull here from me again.

slim and shady
03-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Make sure you also chrono your marker around 280FPS

foxr1der31
03-12-2009, 09:03 PM
what does a anti chop system entale exept for a special bolt like special eyes or what just wondrin

bigred76
03-12-2009, 09:10 PM
An Anti-Chop bolt basically is a bolt that has a spring and compresses itself when the bolt hits a ball that's halfway through the feedneck (a chop with a regular bolt). Eyes essentially "see" the ball break an infrared beam at the bottom of the breech (thus, it's all the way in) and allow the marker to fire.

slim and shady
03-13-2009, 08:52 PM
im suprised to see a few of these chopping problems poping up I have never had trouble with mine, hope it stays that way to. Usually eyes = no chop. Although I dont really use auto or burst hardly ever, but on the ocasion I do or shooting in the back yard I have no trouble.

foxr1der31
03-16-2009, 06:07 PM
if you have slitly smaller paintballs that don't fit all the way. would that contribute to choping.

slim and shady
03-17-2009, 07:55 AM
Im not sure what you mean slightly to small to fit fit in where?

foxr1der31
03-18-2009, 06:34 PM
like a mm smaller than balls that fit

slim and shady
03-19-2009, 08:49 PM
no it wont. but you need good paint if you shoot garbage paint you get garbage resaults. then blame it on the marker. use good paint