PDA

View Full Version : What one of the MR series better?

slim and shady
03-08-2009, 02:46 PM
What one of the MR series do you think is the best, if you feel like it post up why that one has an edge over the others.

slim and shady
03-08-2009, 02:52 PM
I have two MR series guns that I just love the MR1 and MR2/W eye. I have never choped a ball in my MR2 w/eye even right out of the box. I have no complaints with it whatsoever, not finiky like the ACS version was that required alot of work. However, the MR1 is my backup gun and when anyother gun fails me this one always works doesnt matter the temp, you dont need fancy hopper ect for it to work really well. It is a very reliable marker so to me I think that one would have to be my first choice, there is just no BS (IMO) when it comes to the MR1.

irishwarrior
03-08-2009, 05:00 PM
I chose the MR1 because of how simple and indestructible it is. The quick-strip pins make maintenance a breeze, the design is idiot/noob-proof and there aren't any electronic parts that can be damaged.

XSiv Force
03-08-2009, 05:09 PM
good combo for us

irishwarrior
03-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Lol, yeah, I'm glad I don't have a Bob Long or some other high-end electro. After a couple weeks it would be a $1k paper weight :).

DFSniper
03-08-2009, 05:43 PM
noobs...

then again, i have 1 BL paper weight right now...

i say mr2 w/eye because it has everything you need in a woodsball gun.

irishwarrior
03-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks DF, I needed that bit of encouragement... :dodgy:

DFSniper
03-08-2009, 06:15 PM
any time... :p

mrpain
03-09-2009, 05:25 PM
MR1 for me....

Love the basic, toughness, nothing to go wrong mil style...

bigred76
03-09-2009, 05:44 PM
noobs...

:yeahthat: Where's the "None of the above" selection? ;)

MR2 W/eye looks best if I had to pick one. No stupid rocking trigger and it can see.

slim and shady
03-09-2009, 10:38 PM
when I picked the MR1 I ment stock, no triggers ect. I love how simple it is and cheep you dont need anything for the marker to work well. Just oil air up and go, but as stated I have never had any problem with the MR2 W/eye. as for the none of the above option wouldnt fit the poll question now would it ;)

Punisher
03-09-2009, 11:10 PM
It would be the MR2 acs I never used the MR2 w/ eyes.... I really haven't had any problems with my MR2 acs..........I've owned it for over a year......Does the eyes make a huge difference???

slim and shady
03-09-2009, 11:12 PM
oh yeah they make a difference. unless it was a mech or a pump I wouldnt own a gun without eyes anymore

Punisher
03-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Good to know slim......

sneekypete
04-09-2009, 08:26 AM
However, the MR1 is my backup gun and when anyother gun fails me this one always works doesnt matter the temp, you dont need fancy hopper ect for it to work really well.

I have to agree I just got a BT, TM-7 and wanted to use it on the last senario with Slim and tested it on Friday (it worked)and then on Satuday after driving to Edmonton it did not work and because it is so fancy I could not fix it. It is a good thing that I brought my MR-1 to use as a back up and had an awsome day with it too.
My vote is the MR-1 because its a tank and all ways seems to work. :D

mrpain
04-09-2009, 09:53 AM
With all these people say'n back up gun..... why not just use the MR1 all the time....

Thats what I'm doing, its my first ever paintball gun, I didnt want a gun that looks like its from outer space, or cost more than a heart transplant... Its simple and just works all the time.

Went out to the fields and a guy asked what I shot, told him a Wal-Mart special........... I didnt say what................ he said ow they sale junk, cant get parts for them and so on.... then I said its a Spyder MR1. He still said I should have got a Tippman 98.........

I'm keeping my MR1 and will shoot the guys when his gun stops working on him and yell its from Wal-Mart and still shooting !

RSX99
04-09-2009, 04:57 PM
noobs...

then again, i have 1 BL paper weight right now...

i say mr2 w/eye because it has everything you need in a woodsball gun.

Agreed!

ferret15
04-09-2009, 06:01 PM
dissagreed, The MR with eyes has a few major flaws

~not LP.
~off set feedneck and it will cost much more to get a clamping low/no rise feed neck on it.
~the valve spring is non standard and is difficult to get a hold of a lighter one for the conversion of LP
~most regs don't fit well with removal of the shroud
~grips are cheap and if tighten to much will restrict solenoid movement

^^all of the above are in the VS/RS and 08/9 electra so for the same price why would i want an mr when i can pick up a VS2 and spray paint it black for less?

slim and shady
04-09-2009, 10:08 PM
dissagreed, The MR with eyes has a few major flaws

~not LP.
~off set feedneck and it will cost much more to get a clamping low/no rise feed neck on it.
~the valve spring is non standard and is difficult to get a hold of a lighter one for the conversion of LP
~most regs don't fit well with removal of the shroud
~grips are cheap and if tighten to much will restrict solenoid movement

^^all of the above are in the VS/RS and 08/9 electra so for the same price why would i want an mr when i can pick up a VS2 and spray paint it black for less?

because the question didnt ask what spyder marker you thought was best, it asked what one of the MR series :dodgy:

damn varmin anyway! ;)

EDIT: Shouldnt do this because it will drag it further off topic but perhaps some of these are reasons why people would go with the MR series over the guns you mentioned. For one alot of people (Me included) think alot of the speedball markers are just plain ugly. Some people would rather hold something that looks a little more uhhhhh realistic? (for lack of a better discription) you can make the MR 2 LP if you choose, there are regs that work and fit rather well with the shroud (CP long and short) and the feedneck is all personal preferance I hate top feed markers and the large hopper that sits on top of them. Granted that with the hoppoer on top its a slimer profile but to me its just in the way, blocks vision ect. the grips do suck there is no denying that! but the aftermarket ones are only 18$ not much at all. So to sum it up I suppose its whatever the user desiers and fits there style of play.

RSX99
04-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Don't forget what happened to my RSX's feedneck with some rough woodsball play...

It was stripped out after I took a nice trip.

bigred76
04-09-2009, 10:57 PM
What you're saying is that they choose to shoot a marker that's not electronically controlled and thus volatile because it LOOKS better? ":roflmao:

TheDarkShadow
04-10-2009, 02:22 PM
looks are a lot, if you think something is fugly, are you gonna wanna look at it all day? probably not. it's just personal preferance.

slim and shady
04-10-2009, 09:21 PM
pumps are very reliable, there not electronicaly controled. its all about what works for you like dark shadow said. I grab my MR1 and it works, im not changing batteries trying to figure out why my eyes dont work, switching leaking macroline, wondering if my board is ****ed like so many of the people using higher end guns (buy higher I mean further up the evolutionary paintball chart then the MR series). really they both do the same job one is alot more pricy, they both shoot a paintball 300FTS are limited (in most cases) to 13-15 BPS so why would I spend 30 times the money to use a marker that is ugly as **** and spend more time on the sidelines going through all the fancy **** it has to figure out whats wrong. Things like efficiancy dont concern me air is free if I have to walk 4 feet to the fill station before I head out for a round and stand there for 3 seconds there each time big deal. Things like "kick" its a paintball gun not a rifle! besides they both shoot a highly innacurate round so for all the extra money you put into it what do you gain?

bigred76
04-11-2009, 01:33 AM
You gain the knowledge that your marker was:
1.) Better made than a Spyder.
2.) Shoots better than a Spyder.
4.) When properly maintained prior to playing, it will be more reliable.

sneekypete
04-11-2009, 07:28 AM
4.) When properly maintained prior to playing, it will be more reliable

Not srue you can get more reliable than the MR-1, I have never had a problem with the MR-1 that was not my fault but I also don't have the experiance that you have Red ;)

ferret15
04-11-2009, 07:59 AM
because the question didnt ask what spyder marker you thought was best, it asked what one of the MR series :dodgy:

damn varmin anyway! ;)

ptsh those were mr problems that should be fixed or i probably would have gotten an mr series.. wait i did and then sold it.

slim and shady
04-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Ferret................... :p

Red, again im thinking spyders are one of the more reliable markers out there thats why there targeted to the crowed thats just moving up from rentals they just work. I think there problem free compaired to the higher end guns again, and what does go wrong for the most part is an easy fix. I will admit when you get into some of the spyder series that have boards eyes ect you are bound to have more issues because your dealing with more equiptment so to speek. For the amount of money that you have to spend on a high end mark what is it that makes it shoot so much better? most corses are limited BPS that most spyders electric spyders can cycle accuracy again isnt a big issue when your shooting something as unstable as a paintball anyway. I want to here some of you best reasons (this goes for anyone, not just red) why I should pay 10 times more for a marker that esentialy doesnt do a whole lot more then a spyder. Im really interested in your responces, im not being an ass!

pntballer5634
04-11-2009, 09:49 AM
ill agree that the mr1 is reliable ( i have one) but the tippmann ( yeah i said the t word), ive seen people shoot the a5 under water. but from the spyder series, the mr1 beats the mr2 on reliability, but the aesthetics, ROF, and eyes on the mr2 w/ eyes make it my fav from the mr series