PDA

View Full Version : History of the MR1

mrpain
03-07-2009, 02:33 PM
So I'd like to get a rundown on the Spyder MR1... I have seen some have a pin in the body to stop the hammer, mine does not. I see some have a smooth trigger guard and mine has a place to hold on to....

Anyway I see differences in them and would like to know about them please.

ferret15
03-07-2009, 03:17 PM
So I'd like to get a rundown on the Spyder MR1..

Anyway I see differences in them and would like to know about them please.

There are little differences about the MR1 series, the E-mr1 has an e-trigger and a delrin bolt while the MR1 has a aluminum bolt and mechanical trigger. Keep in mind all spyders are STBB so the rundown is that the MR1 works pretty much same as any other spyder ever made. Everything else is cosmetics which don't mean much other than they look a little different. Out of anything your probably the only person to notice the very small changes in the MR1 series.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

I have seen some have a pin in the body to stop the hammer, mine does not.

Since i find this a perfectly acceptable answer.

That pin in the body doesn't stop the hammer, the blowback from striking the the valve pin stops and sends the hammer back. I'm not even sure what that pin does exactly but what you will notice is that when the valve body was redesigned to have a wider sealed/recessed hole a non tapered screw was used where with the older valve bodies the tapered brass screw was used. I would be willing to guess that that pin added additional support not provided from the tapered brass screw and that the additional flatter surface area holding the valve in place was more than sufficient.

XSiv Force
03-07-2009, 04:44 PM
bad ferret thats a bad ferret for snaping at a new guy

ferret15
03-07-2009, 04:52 PM
re worded. hows that?

XSiv Force
03-07-2009, 05:00 PM
:dodgy:

ferret15
03-07-2009, 05:06 PM
how bout now?

XSiv Force
03-07-2009, 05:37 PM
:d

mrpain
03-07-2009, 06:19 PM
I bet that is what the pin is for, mine has a SS allen screw that fits into the valves body, should hold it real nice unlike a brass screw.

As for the pin stop'n or not stop'n the bolt, I only said that as thats what I had read someplace here on the forums, I had no idea what it was for. But working the action I see that the cocking bolt will hit the front of the slot before the hammer bottoms out on the valve anyways.

I also like how Spyders dont have a per-say "valve" like most airguns and paint markers have the bullet shaped brass valve body, I like the way this is setup, wish Crosman would start using one like this in their line of pistols...

ferret15
03-07-2009, 09:38 PM
it just looks like if it do that job it was because of the way the tapered brass screw didn't provided sufficient support. then the the new screw pushes and holds the valve body way better so that a hammer can make contact with the body with out damage.

thats the way it looks like to me.

especiialypsycho
03-07-2009, 10:04 PM
pics of said differences?

mrpain
03-08-2009, 09:20 AM
pics of said differences?

Heres the two diff styles of MR1 grip frames

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/orange-appeal/IM005029.jpg

especiialypsycho
03-08-2009, 09:42 AM
mine looks like the first one