PDA

View Full Version : Rodeo Velocity

RodeoNL2
03-11-2006, 10:59 AM
I bought my Rodeo last year around this time and my freinds and I just started playing again now that its nice out. I have noticed while i have been playing that my velocity has went way down. The PB's come out of the barrel and arch after traveling about 30ft. I have also noticed that the CO2 coming out of the gun when its fired is much weaker than my freinds X-TRA whats the problem? Everyhing is well oiled and i had the spring replaced last week but its still firing very weak. If you can help it would be great.

ooglieboogliebob
03-11-2006, 12:01 PM
well ... i could name a few things .. co2 is very inconsistant ... so .. about what temperature was it put at ...??

druid
03-11-2006, 01:55 PM
ahem...allow me.....

CO2 + colder than 70* F = a lousy day in the field.

also, you could pick up your marker and play at 8 AM, play until 10 and then again from 2pm to 5 and the marker's chrono will have changed some.

Relube all your O-rings and buy a chrono...you and your friends can split the cost. 10 friends @ $8/person = a nice, brand new chrono

ooglieboogliebob
03-11-2006, 04:00 PM
^^ yeah that ... i didn't feel like getting into detail ...

but you could always try a spring kit and try a hard main and hard valve .. and if that doesn't work .. hard main and weak valve.. and if that doesn't work .. umm... i dunno what to say ... :)

Besides ... go LP or get new equipment !!! :)

RodeoNL2
03-12-2006, 09:30 PM
yea i really havent done anything to the gun its just like it was when i took it out of the box i lubed everything up and shot about 50 balls out of it this morning while making adjustments but nothing seemed to work. I am thinking about just taking everything out and replacing it but keep the rodeo frame if i do that what would you guys reccomend i put in?

bamf-hacker
03-13-2006, 04:48 AM
This was my Rodeo set up. I still have the parts and they may be for sale soon ;)

This was my setup

Rodeo Body
black painted beavertail
black painted endcap
Delrin ACS bolt
DH Titanium Striker
ESP CAMD Frame
SPPS Trigger
Dye Stickies
Quick disconnect pin
Killa Ball Detent
CP drop
CP 2k5 ASA w/bleed
Black Macroline
CP long Reg
Check-IT Assault block
Dye gauge
AKA Tornado Valve
Hybrid locking feedneck

But I would try the spring kit to see if that helps before you completely change out your gun. I have seen 5 brand new Spyders that needed to get the spring cut before ever using them because they were shooting hot 350+.

HacKeR

RodeoNL2
03-13-2006, 01:13 PM
yea i was playing with the velocity turned all the way up your probably right i pry messed up the springs i'll go buy a new get today and see how it works

RodeoNL2
03-13-2006, 01:33 PM
also which DH titanium striker were you using?

RodeoNL2
03-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Turns our that when i took it into the shop the guy gave me an old spring he had just replaced to replace the one in my gun. I took it back just about an hour ago and they replaced the spring and its doing about 290fps right now thanks for the help

RodeoNL2
03-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Bamf when your going to sell those parts let me know i will buy them if i have to money what were you looking to sell them at?

bamf-hacker
03-13-2006, 05:11 PM
havent decided 100% yet. But look here on the B/S/T.

HacKeR

ooglieboogliebob
03-13-2006, 05:17 PM
eh .. dude edit button is your friend ...

BTW how much did you pay to replace the spring ?? .. you could have always gotten a spring kit which would have been benefitial for future cases

RodeoNL2
03-13-2006, 06:29 PM
I didn't pay anything they just put it in fired it into this pipe they have rigged up to determine velocity and showed me it was firing 290 psi i went out and shot a few rounds after that and its working like new.

ooglieboogliebob
03-13-2006, 06:45 PM
that's pretty nice ... my shop would probably charge 5 bucks or some for that ... not worth it .. partly why i never go to the shop unless it's something i can't fix ... which is pretty rare.

Yeah ... i have to keep emphasizing this though .. you need a springkit :)

DyNasty9
03-13-2006, 08:59 PM
I didn't pay anything they just put it in fired it into this pipe they have rigged up to determine velocity and showed me it was firing 290 psi i went out and shot a few rounds after that and its working like new.
you mean 290 FPS:p comman mistake

Spyder5oh
03-14-2006, 07:52 AM
This was my Rodeo set up. I still have the parts and they may be for sale soon ;)

This was my setup

Rodeo Body
black painted beavertail
black painted endcap
Delrin ACS bolt
DH Titanium Striker
ESP CAMD Frame
SPPS Trigger
Dye Stickies
Quick disconnect pin
Killa Ball Detent
CP drop
CP 2k5 ASA w/bleed
Black Macroline
CP long Reg
Check-IT Assault block
Dye gauge
AKA Tornado Valve
Hybrid locking feedneck

But I would try the spring kit to see if that helps before you completely change out your gun. I have seen 5 brand new Spyders that needed to get the spring cut before ever using them because they were shooting hot 350+.

HacKeR

Hey how the Killa Ball Detent perform?????

bamf-hacker
03-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Hey how the Killa Ball Detent perform?????

Awesome... My Halo would not push past the detent.

HacKeR

RodeoNL2
03-23-2006, 07:59 AM
so bamf decided on sellin them parts yet :cool: i'd pry buy them next pay check if you wanted to sell em

bamf-hacker
03-23-2006, 08:27 AM
so bamf decided on sellin them parts yet :cool: i'd pry buy them next pay check if you wanted to sell em

Yep

B/S/T link (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2220)

HacKeR

RodeoNL2
03-23-2006, 09:28 AM
i posted what i wanna buy if you could hold onto them for me i'll buy them for sure from you. i need the trigger frame most is the ESSP trigger on it the same as the silver one you have listed only used? also how much do you want for the Delrin ACS bolt?