PDA

View Full Version : RSX on CO2

scotty595
02-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to run my RSX on CO2. It would be set up with a remote line and an anti-syphon tube. I would prefer to get Air however I am in NZ so rules are very strict and i need to pay $400 plus to get a compressed air tank.

What could i actually damage by using CO2?

Plus none of the paintball fields around me have Compressed air so CO2 would be a lot easier.

Scotty

Griff
02-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Do you own an RSX?

TheDarkShadow
02-23-2009, 07:11 PM
you would probably be fine w/anti syphon, but I think the valve doesnt like CO2, if im not mistaken

scotty595
02-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Yes I do own a RSX. I am planning to get a Compressed air tank in the future when i can afford it but I am just hoping to be able to use it before then.

xsvly-fat
02-23-2009, 07:40 PM
you would probably be fine w/anti syphon, but I think the valve doesnt like CO2, if im not mistaken

I'm pretty sure that would work but I'm not 100% positive. You might want to call Kingman or get a cheap compressed air tank.

scotty595
02-23-2009, 07:40 PM
I mainly just need to know if it is going to break anything that isn't reasonably cheap to fix.

scotty595
02-23-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm pretty sure that would work but I'm not 100% positive. You might want to call Kingman or get a cheap compressed air tank.

No way to get a cheap CA tank unfortunately. I can get one but it is illegal to fill it up in NZ unless it is certified.

ferret15
02-23-2009, 10:11 PM
valve works fine on co2.
the vs2 and 3's had regualtor issues iirc but only when you played in frigen cold weather. swoosh81 here has been using his stock vs2 for a few years on straight CO2

The RS and RSX use the same regulator iirc and since the RS is "CO2" friendly with out the worry of VW. then the RSX reg should be the same.

my point,

CO2 will work fine, there is one oring that could break if tried really really really hard? i've tried really hard to break my balance valve using co2 and the only thing i have had are CO2 related problems. Like CO2 when its 0*F outside just doesn't work on any gun.

just for reference the RSX is basically a VS3 body with the VS balance valve internals, better reg and on/off asa, with tadao board and nicer trigger. performance wise is is almost identical to the vs2

xsvly-fat
02-24-2009, 07:53 PM
No way to get a cheap CA tank unfortunately. I can get one but it is illegal to fill it up in NZ unless it is certified.

Well I have seen some steel ones for about $30 which isn't that bad.
valve works fine on co2.
the vs2 and 3's had regualtor issues iirc but only when you played in frigen cold weather. swoosh81 here has been using his stock vs2 for a few years on straight CO2

The RS and RSX use the same regulator iirc and since the RS is "CO2" friendly with out the worry of VW. then the RSX reg should be the same.

my point,

CO2 will work fine, there is one oring that could break if tried really really really hard? i've tried really hard to break my balance valve using co2 and the only thing i have had are CO2 related problems. Like CO2 when its 0*F outside just doesn't work on any gun.

just for reference the RSX is basically a VS3 body with the VS balance valve internals, better reg and on/off asa, with tadao board and nicer trigger. performance wise is is almost identical to the vs2

The Ferret knows everthing...

ferret15
02-24-2009, 07:57 PM
]

The Ferret knows everthing...

everything:rolleyes:

scotty595
02-24-2009, 10:42 PM

ferret15
02-24-2009, 10:56 PM
only warning if you care,

read the manual and it probably says something in there about HPA only and that if by some chance you break an o-ring, Kingman isn't going to cover your ass.

IMO if an o-ring breaks and you can't change it. you shouldn't be using any pbmarker especially if its a spyder.

xsvly-fat
02-25-2009, 08:10 PM

Most... For a rodent atleast.

ferret15
02-26-2009, 10:11 AM
although all tell you what, I wan't a mother flipping Electra and throw my AKA valve in it.