View Full Version : Upgrades Questions

03-11-2006, 06:00 AM
Curious on how i should go from here. I have the red/black pilot and so far I have gotten a locking feedneck for my Evo2 w/z-board, 14' Progressive Barrel, Dye Sticky Grips, New Designz Valve and a spirng kit. I've been looking at a bunch of regulators and assault blocks but im not sure which ones I should get, some help would be sweet. Another question, is macroline better than the steel braided hose or is it merely for cosmetics?

03-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Id recommend a palmers stabilizer,some type of drop forward such as SystemX10's and HPA. An ACS Delrin Bolt is also a good low priced up. I like macroline better than steel braid. It is very easy to take off and replace. Its uncostly and I've never had a problem with mine even when using co2.

03-11-2006, 10:11 AM
you mean regulators and VA's ...
Regulator ... boblong torp would probably be a good choice .. and a good VA would be the 15* assault block

and macroline to steel braid ... steel braid is stronger .. but macroline is easily replaced at cheap costs .. so i'd have to go with macroline

03-11-2006, 12:12 PM
If I was gonna get a reg. because I wanted to start the process of making my gun low pressure would the boblong torp still be a good choice with the 15*assault block? Becuase I thought I read somewhere that you need your reg. should go straight down an not tilt any? Could be wrong just thought I rem. reading that somewhere.

03-11-2006, 03:55 PM
nah, they should be fine .. unless you prefer something else ...

03-13-2006, 06:16 PM
bob long torpedo reg is good.

03-13-2006, 06:47 PM
... yeah .. as Jordan stated above if you read >.<

03-14-2006, 06:56 AM
my teacher always said to restate the thesis at the end lol

Hob Hayward
03-14-2006, 01:16 PM
If you've got the cash though, a palmer stabilizer is better, because themax output pressure on the top is 500 psi, and besides, the pamlmer is just better...

And if you don't want an angled VA, just drill out the hole in it a bit more, you probably know otters site if your going lp, check his article on high flowing va's. However, if you do that, drill only the hole thats there, don't drill anywhere else, unless you want to drill right to each side of that hole, but NOT on the other side of the bulge in the middle, or to either side, elsewise you'll get air leaking out your volumizer.

03-14-2006, 08:29 PM
palmers probably is better .. but it's not great with HPA

not as high flowing as the assault block though ... probably half