PDA

View Full Version : ANother Update on Kaden

buffblackbird2002
02-19-2009, 05:57 AM
(Read as if reading in my wife's words, taken from her bulletin on Myspace)

Kaden's epidural fell out the other day, so no wonder he was in pain. They decided on not putting him on the PCA (the continuous pain control pump) they figured that it wouldn't be the best pain control management for such a little guy, they didn't want him all drugged up so he wouldn't open his eyes or anything. They decided that they would give him .3 mL of Morphine every hour through his central line. So he's not quite lasting the entire hour but its doing most of its job, but one of the nurses (he gets most nights watches his heart rate and as it starts to rise she'll give it to him a little early (but not too early, just by a few minutes). When he gets frustrated he gets a little temper and holds his breath. They think its a little funny because he gets a temper like I still have a little. I've already gotten a little mad at them because they kind of ignored me because he was in pain the first night after surgery because we found the epidural had fallen out. Well he's passing gas which is a very good thing. That was the first goal the doctor has set for Kaden. He is on an electrolyte mixture and a fat/calorie mixture the the pharmacy mixed for him that is going in to his body through his central line as well it is already broken down so his body really doesn't have to do anything. He is well on his way to recovery. He is still getting antibiotics. He is not getting any saline or dextrose fluid bags. He is just getting these electrolyte mixes now. He got one bag of blood last yesterday because was a little anemic the doctor felt they were going to draw blood this morning. We went to the RMH (Ronald McDonald House) to rest last night because both me and Anthony wouldn't have been able to sleep on the single pull out bed they have in that TINY room they have Kaden in this time around. My mom brought Dakota to my apartment last night we hope that he's not coming down with something because his nose has been running and he's been coughing and he's just been having common cold symptoms so we just didn't want anything happening to Kaden. But everything's going fine for now, we'll be going to the hospital soon. I'll update as I get them. Thanks for the support!

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt2/buffblackbird2002/021809_103701-1.jpg

Critical
02-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Great to hear. It's amazing sometimes with babies and little kids how resilient and strong they can be. Hope all continues to improve.

big_daddy_d
02-19-2009, 10:32 AM
glad to here that all is going well!

TheDarkShadow
02-19-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm glad the little guy is getting better

xsvly-fat
02-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Glad to hear that he's doing better!

Griff
02-20-2009, 05:56 AM
glad to hear of improvement.