PDA

View Full Version : RSX falling out at 500 psi in tank.

lordrade
02-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Recently got an RSX and in running some test i found the balls begin to roll out of the barrel at around 500 psi lef in the tank. im wondering if this is normal as this is my first compressed air system. i was told compressed air was like folgers and good to the last drop. if there is anything i can do please let me know. thanks i mill.

Muddytaco
02-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Its completely normal, unless your gun is running at around 100 psi your not going to get any good shots under 5-600 psi.

xsvly-fat
02-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Yeah there is nothing wrong with your gun or tank. All guns do that when the pressure gets to low.

bigred76
02-13-2009, 08:51 PM
That's because the gun's regulator is set to the same setting, and it puts out less PSI when the tank's pressure drops below 850psi. You only really start noticing it when it drops below 500psi.

lordrade
02-15-2009, 01:26 PM
sorry it took me so long to get back with yall. thanks for the input and now i know its not an issue. i have a few more questions for those who have the time. now, i know this gun is not for snipers, but i was wondering, from everyone's vastly greater experience than mine, whats barrel/barrels should i get for long range? the areas where we play have a few wide open maps and i wanna try my hand at the sniping experience. i will be running approximately 280ish fps when my marker is dialed in. previously all i have ever had were mechanical guns with the exception of my 04 spyder imagine which met an unfortunate end to a ditch.this is my fourth gun and i have never really attempted to upgrade em any. so i apologize if my questions seem noobish. :cool:

xsvly-fat
02-16-2009, 06:47 PM
CPs and J&Js are both good barrels. For best results you'd probably want a barrel kit so you can match your paint to the barrel.

bigred76
02-16-2009, 06:58 PM
For a best result, do not use a barrel longer than 16", and properly match paint to bore. Getting a barrel kit will aid this, and as such, I recommend a Matchstick kit, UL kit, Freak Kit/DW Fibur, Empire kit (both Revolver and standard), and CP.