PDA

View Full Version : Air-Thru Job

THUNDR
02-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Alright so here's my idea. I use a Spyder MR2 with the trinity mag expansion chamber, with the nipple for remote line coming out of the mag. The expansion chamber screws into the bottom of the marker where the bottom line would go.
First off, close that. Make a custom adapter (essentially, just the top of the x chamber - the threading and an o ring) to seal it off. Then I can mount the mag over that to keep the milsim look.
Now the part I'm not sure of. The idea would be to drill into the right side of the marker body, thread it, and use macro line and fittings to set the fill nipple up in the bottom of my stock, like the Special Ops a5-a2, except the line will be on the other side (I use a Special Ops SAW stock which already has the holes needed.)
So obviously the biggest concern here is drilling into the body. Will that make a usable hole for an air source without damaging anything inside? I'm not even sure where I'd be drilling right, but if the piiece is just hollow there then it should work. Also, I have no experience with macroline and fittings, so does anyone have advice on what I should use? I was thinking a 90 degree piece coming off the marker body and going back towards the stock, run the line from there into the stock, and then some fitting taking the macro line and connecting to the remote nipple, which then sticks out the bottom of the stock.
If I can get this to work, my marker will have a nice clean look to the left side - I use a qloader so you cant really see the feed system and without the remote stuff on the mag I think it would look very realistic. Let me know what you think or if you can help.

ferret15
02-12-2009, 10:54 AM
or you could just buy an adapter?

something like this?

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=1073

Babalui
02-16-2009, 02:50 AM
I'm also interested into job like that. The best ilustration would be this great looking MR1 mod (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=44160777#post44160777).

I would like to add few questions:
- whats the thread on expansion chamber, where it gous into the body? (so I can plug the hole)
- whats the thread on 90 elbow for macroline?
- what adapter should one use to connect other end of macroline to QD for remote hose?

THUNDR
02-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Unfortunately, I don't know any of those answers. That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for too. Also, do you have to drill into the cup seal or just the body of the gun?

DFSniper
02-16-2009, 01:55 PM
the best way to do it is do what Ace24 did to his mr1 (wish i had a pic). cut a hole in the side of the expansion chamber so that you can put a 90* 1/8NPT fitting sticking out of the gun. then run a 90* swivel macro fitting off of that, and run a macroline from the fitting to the fitting on the stock.

i'm not 100% sure, but where the air line screws into the body on the mr2 SHOULD be 1/8NPT.

i would NOT, under any circumstances, drill into the body where there is airflow involved, unless you're sure its the right spot. if you were to drill into the side of the body, you'd need a 1/8NPT (i think) plug to plug the bottom hole, and then drill a 1/8NPT threaded hole into the side, centered between the front cap (where the valve spring comes out) and the valve body/cupseal itself.

Babalui
02-17-2009, 02:29 AM
I think I know what you're talking about, but I cannot find that as well. Only that MR1 in link above.
On MR2, thread where expansion chamber goes into body (excuse my poor explanation of non-native-english-speaker :) ) looks like twice of the size of 1/8 (I guess that's the same as for fill nipples and remote hose QD?), and smaller then ASA thread.

Few days ago BYUrdneck (http://spyder.tv/forums/member.php?u=8911) was so kind to give me some hints regarding his great UZI setup that now he has on sale (http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=19358).

He says following:

(...)It is a spyder tactical folding stock (it says that is does not fit MR series, but it does) a 90 macro fitting, a straight macro fitting, 12" macroline, female/female brass 90, male/female brass 90, and a remote line nipple.
I got the macro stuff on ebay for like 10 bucks, the brass fittings at a local hardware shop - like 5 bucks total, and the folding stock was another ebay purchase - around 40 bucks shipped. (...)
If you decide you want to do it yourself, I can send you some how-to's that are pretty straight forward. All you need is a drill and a 1/4" drill bit. It would only take an hour or so to do.

Now, here is my problem - imperial vs metric measures. In my country it is impossible to find any imperial stuff. Do all macroline fitting come in 1/8? Are there any metric?