PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone okay?

buffblackbird2002
02-11-2009, 06:33 AM
I live in Oklahoma and was just wondering if anybody was hit by the tornadoes around here last night. And if you did, do you need anything? I know what these things can do so dont hesitate to ask for help.

oldironmudder
02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Im over here in Arkansas, between Fort Smith & Russellville, & all we got was wind out the butt & more rain... which my yard doesnt need.

I think OK & parts of Texas were the only really hard hit places. I over heard a few folks saying they had some downed trees across the river.

irishwarrior
02-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Is it Tornado season already? I remember when I used to live down in OK those things were not to be trifled with.

vikingshadow
02-11-2009, 05:41 PM
No, it's not tornado season yet, but in reality they happen at all times of the year. Last year, I watched a tornado one day then watched it snow the next. This is going to be one of those screwy years, I fear. It's been 70's and 80's for a good bit of the winter, with VERY cold breaks in between. The last two weeks have felt more like April around here than February.

I was in Tulsa for a conference when this happened. It was pretty hairy for awhile, but all we got was some heavy rain, some flooding and hail. A small town got hit pretty hard though. Something like 8 people (I think) were killed, maybe?

oldironmudder
02-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Vik, I think it was 8 killed, Corey & Jay were talking about that this morning on the radio.

DFSniper
02-11-2009, 06:20 PM
we had some nasty rain and winds here today. almost got knocked off the road twice on my way home from school this evening.