PDA

View Full Version : computer display problem

aznspyder
02-11-2009, 04:11 AM
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows what wrong with my computer. THe problem is that when the computer loads and wrunning display on the monitor is wideand won't show the sides like the start button and the programs as well as the side tool bars like the calndars gauges and clock and so on. Its a vista destop with a older compaq monitor.

RSX99
02-11-2009, 04:15 AM
Check your resolution setting and open your video driver app and check for different resolution ratios in there as well. It's been too long since I've been out of school, wish I could be of more assistance.

DFSniper
02-11-2009, 04:33 AM
right click your desktop and go into your display properties, and check your resolution. you may have to bring it down some. or check if your monitor has a "sync" option in it's menu.

i'm going to assume that you swapped out monitors and it didn't have this problem with the previous monitor?

aznspyder
02-11-2009, 04:02 PM
I did try changing the res and if I go down on the res everything gets bigger which s worse and when I jack the res up the display get really small and still the display is still streached out to far to see the sides.Well anyways thanks for trying to help me out on this annoying problem.